onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New stadium

deantaberner

As alluded to in other posts, we have other priorities first.

It's true, though, that we don't need a capacity of 23,000 or even 17,000.

A 15,000 capacity stadium in the same area, with some standing capacity, no open corners and stands close to the pitch would be fine. If it ever happens, look to an expanded version of that superb eco-friendly and wonderful looking stadium we visited at DARTFORD rather than monstrosities like Shrewsbury and Chester.

But surely modernising Vale Park must be better - the priorities being finishing the Lorne St stand then looking to move the Railway nearer to the pitch to get some atmosphere - if ever the money were there to rebuild it much steeper maybe smaller, with some standing capacity and a hotel or units in the back, that would be a great solution.

Advert

Why dont we just modernise Vale Park when Mo takes over

New seats and the completion of the Lorne Street would be 10 x better than that yesterday.....it was too small and low to look impressive in any way what-so-ever.

It's good for away fans in that parking is good, plenty of amenities and a handy petrol station on the complex but the ground itself just seemed a bit 'non-league but have a new ground' to me. No character at all.

What a crock of ****. We dont have money to finish this ground, how are we going to build another? VP is worth 2.5million, new stadium will cost at least 15 million.

What about this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12951734.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Ince for Vale manager? Better topic than the crock that has been posted here!

Having visited chesterfields B2net stadium yesterday,

Would anyone be open to the idea of selling off VP and building a new stadia similar to there ground.

I for one would. I thought the ground and atmosphere was bob on and would be a step in the right direction.

A capacity of around 12000 would be good with the option of filling in the corners if required in the future taking the capacity up to around 15000.

Any thoughts on this?

I think vale should do this and think it wouyld makke common sence. Sadly there are far too many backward thinking people at the vale from your average fan to the chairman's seat. I think a new stadium should be built on festival park on that wastland near vodafone. Better access to the a500 and so on. Will not happen at the vale we will havve stay at an oversized dump of a ground with rubbish facilaties that arnt worth the £20 you pay to get in.

I think vale should do this and think it wouyld makke common sence. Sadly there are far too many backward thinking people at the vale from your average fan to the chairman's seat. I think a new stadium should be built on festival park on that wastland near vodafone. Better access to the a500 and so on. Will not happen at the vale we will havve stay at an oversized dump of a ground with rubbish facilaties that arnt worth the £20 you pay to get in.

Festival Park; Premium land (for the area), Already busy on Saturdays, no decent facilities within miles, in the centre if the city rather than north, ignoring the local community of the north of the city, killing feeder business's in Burslem - Are you mad?

Having this issue with Spurs and Tottenham. Take away the football club and the community suffers badly. I know Tottenham isn't Mayfair but there is a good community spirit there and the club if moved would kill the local area even more than it is now.

The land around Vale Park has been mentioned on here.

I would like to see the land beside the training ground used for an indoor training facility at some point. A rubbercrumb 3G pitch would lead to the club stealing a load of revenue from Dimensions (I bet Mo wouldn't mind that!), aswell as offering a facility for the harsh winters.

The club shop could also be placed on this land, aswell, allowing the Lorne Street to be completed.

Parking should also be left for away coaches / cars too, allowing the club to then have an option of placing away supporters in either the Hamil or the Bycars.

Not sure if I'm talking **** here but I seem to recall that the council more or less entirely paid for the Britannia?

If so why are the club (Vale) having to pay the council £x thousand a month?

as far as I'm aware, it's all Stoke's now! they may have funded it initially, but stoke have now bought it out!!!

Festival Park; Premium land (for the area), Already busy on Saturdays, no decent facilities within miles, in the centre if the city rather than north, ignoring the local community of the north of the city, killing feeder business's in Burslem - Are you mad?

Having this issue with Spurs and Tottenham. Take away the football club and the community suffers badly. I know Tottenham isn't Mayfair but there is a good community spirit there and the club if moved would kill the local area even more than it is now.

Alot of the people I know in Burslem either are not vale fans or can't stand vale especially the fans. Vale really does not give anything other on a match day then it is roady fans and rammed with traffic. It is better off elsewhere. Plus vale have ben about abit and haver not always been in Burlsem or should I say Burslem as it is now anyhow. It spent along period too inbn hanley aswell as cobridge and longport.

as far as I'm aware, it's all Stoke's now! they may have funded it initially, but stoke have now bought it out!!!

Yes stoke have bought it for a mere £6 million compared to the money the council ploud in. I think the persoons point was that the council paid for a majority of stokes new stadium why can they not pay for vale's.

Archived