onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New stadium

deantaberner

I wouldn't be in favour, unless it was cheaper than redeveloping the ground, which I think could/should be done if ever there's the money. I don't see the logic in moving to a smaller stadium, if I'm honest.

A big NO on having open corners. Grounds like that are freezing...

Advert

Vale Park is already a great ground amongst the best outside the Premiership. Thanks to Bill........ Bell that is.

What would be better than building a new stadium would be to rebuild the Railway paddock bringing it closer to the pitch and making it two tier with Executive boxes along the back that would leave room at the back to build other facilities such as a new supporters club pub to replace Tommy's.

If Mr Mo got in i think he would go for demolishing the Railway Stand and maybe buying back that desolute Co-Op land and maybe redeveloping with a Travelodge Hotel type facilility. This area is crying out for a Motel type Hotel because the George Hotel is a flee-pit. This linked to the Ground a smaller maybe 4000 seater closer to the pitch. There is plenty of scope.

Does Burslem need any more damage doing to it? If Vale move, the community suffers. VP is more than capable of being upgraded with other facilities around it.

I did talk to Bratt about this about six or seven years ago, he didn't seem that interested. In the meantime, Orient have done what we suggested and Bristol Rovers and other clubs are following suit. We have slow thinkers on board and we need some progressive attitudes within the club to maximise what we have.

I can't stand the Ikea, flat packs; no personality and no decent services in spitting distance apart from Harvesters and McBurger Fried Chicken outlets - sh|te!

We don't need to move but there is massive potential to redevelop the Railway side of the ground but we would need someone with money and a good proven business acumen for that!:rolleyes:

there's loads of potential at VP. With the right financial backing we could have a cracking stadium.

If Vale were top of the league with 70 odd points scoring nearly seventy odd goals here at VP would you be asking for a new ground? No thought not!

New grounds dont guarantee success. Just a team who can score goals.

How bout we get lorne street finished first?

Mo has said if he gets Control that a priority as he wants complete the Stand including seating and the Robbie Williams facility. He also hints of new Ground sponsorship in the offing.

No way. People are getting too used to playing in League 2! When (if) we make it back to the Championship we need a proper stadium; Vale Park is a big 'proper' traditional ground that we need to keep hold of. Build a smaller stadium and we will become smaller as a club IMHO.

Archived