onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New stadium

deantaberner

Haven't we been informed recently that below VP there are loads of old pit shafts etc that would prevent and significant development, ie hotel leisure centre etc to replace the Railway Stand?

I know I'm playing devil's advocate but if its possible to build these, why not houses or other such developments on the rest of VP?

they didnt stop us building the lawn street stand.

a wedding venue with no rooms

conference facility with no rooms

away team accomodation

loan/youth and trialist accomodation

no real competition this side of the a500

away fans

chuck in a good size bar area for match days and gym/spa and every ones a winner.

sorry forgive me for dreaming bratt knows best

You tell him ! :D

Advert

A club is only as big as it’s fan base and in that respect, moving to a smaller stadium is a bad idea. We’re all aware there’s lots of fair weather fans affiliated with the Vale and we need to be able to house them, if we pull off a Blackpool and make it to the promised land. Fortunately for us, unlike Blackers, we are a city team and the North Staffordshire conurbation would undoubtedly generate massively bolstered crowds, if the team were to have any sort of success.

Building a new stadium would also plunge the club into bigger debts, which is unnecessary as we have a perfectly adequate facility at our disposal. Other reasons we should stay are, the atmosphere around the ground before and after games (some brilliant pubs in Burslem), the potential atmosphere in the ground for those who are lucky enough to remember it being full and it’s part of our identity and heritage; although I enjoyed Chesterfield on Saturday, it’s faceless. Give me the Recreation Ground, Aldershot, any day of the week, that place is full of character!

A club is only as big as it’s fan base and in that respect, moving to a smaller stadium is a bad idea. We’re all aware there’s lots of fair weather fans affiliated with the Vale and we need to be able to house them, if we pull off a Blackpool and make it to the promised land. Fortunately for us, unlike Blackers, we are a city team and the North Staffordshire conurbation would undoubtedly generate massively bolstered crowds, if the team were to have any sort of success.

Building a new stadium would also plunge the club into bigger debts, which is unnecessary as we have a perfectly adequate facility at our disposal. Other reasons we should stay are, the atmosphere around the ground before and after games (some brilliant pubs in Burslem), the potential atmosphere in the ground for those who are lucky enough to remember it being full and it’s part of our identity and heritage; although I enjoyed Chesterfield on Saturday, it’s faceless. Give me the Recreation Ground, Aldershot, any day of the week, that place is full of character!

i think spurs is another one ,why move i love that ground

Never mind about moving the Railway Stand closer to the pitch. What about moving the pitch nearer to the Railway? The playing area seems to get further away each season.

Dear Board, this is a cheap option, some extra line paint needed but as the councils are having their budgets cut you should be able to get some cheaply from the highways department.

As for the toilets just give us some clothes pegs for our noses when we go in them.

Guest from another angle

Theres not 15,000 fair weathered fans though is there

Yes the toilets in the railway smell really bad and the clock doesn't work (sort of stuck in time like the club) but the ground is where i have grown up watching the Vale and there isn't a real reason to move, the clock can have new batteries and the toilets can be cleaned (well we can hope). If mo Choudry comes in hopefully success will follow and as a result the ground can be modernised. It would be a good idea to be standing up terracing in the unfinished Lorne Street but it isn't allowed (I don't think, even if Burtons and Morecambe's newer grounds do)

Just wanted to raise the point that we have been told that there was no risk of VP ever being demolished to make way for supermarket/ houses etc by a future buyer because of the land it sits on. Hasn't it been suggested that the old pit shafts etc also knock down the value of the land?

Just a thought, and before I'm shot down in flames I'm not a board supporter, already signed up to Starve em Out and I'm impressed by Mo's bid.

My only concern is that we are so desperate to be rid of this incompetent board that we will cling to any offer out there. Suppose I just want a bit more reassurance, that's all.

Just wanted to raise the point that we have been told that there was no risk of VP ever being demolished to make way for supermarket/ houses etc by a future buyer because of the land it sits on. Hasn't it been suggested that the old pit shafts etc also knock down the value of the land?

Just a thought, and before I'm shot down in flames I'm not a board supporter, already signed up to Starve em Out and I'm impressed by Mo's bid.

My only concern is that we are so desperate to be rid of this incompetent board that we will cling to any offer out there. Suppose I just want a bit more reassurance, that's all.

Read MCs Plan, will need a 75% vote to move or do major redevelopment.

Read MCs Plan, will need a 75% vote to move or do major redevelopment.

Hi Fosse69

Yes I've read Mo's proposals and, as I said, I'm generally very impressed. However the 75% doesn't offer a great lot of protection. A shareholder who already has 51% of shares only has to buy out another 24% of existing shares or create and buy enough new ones (forgive me, its too late in the day to do the full maths to work out how much this would cost) to get the necessary 75%.

If ownership was limited to 51% rather than the existing 24.4% this would overcome the problem perhaps? Failing that, any other suggestions out there? I really am open minded about this.

An out of City stand is a big no no for me. If we can't have a city / town centre ground then it's a definate no. Never.

Wait another 15 years when even more of these generic stands have popped up. We can be even prouder that we are siutated in Vale Park, Burslem because it will one of the older ground around, aswell as being unique.

I'd prefer a ground with stands closer to the pitch, steeper stands, no holes in any corner and a finished Lorne Street but any new ground have to meet the following:

-keep name as Vale Park

-be unique

-be in or near a town/city centre with proper pubs in walking distance.

It's not going to happen so keep Vale Park :yes:

Hi guys,

Rotherham fan here just passing through.

Totally agree with all the comments regarding the new "out of town identikit" grounds so it looks like our new ground ticks all your boxes Barcroft !

The Chairman has been very keen from the outset that he wanted something different.

For any of you that visited Millmoor the new place will even be closer to the town centre, although it will be very sad to leave Don Valley...not !:D

Lots of us would have liked the old Millmoor to have been re-developed but having seen the plans for the new place and what a new ground has done for the likes of Chezzy, 2012 can't come soon enough.

I first visited Vale in 1977 and have always enjoyed following visits to one of the old traditional grounds.

Hope you get what you want and maybe see you in the play-offs.

Link if anyone is interested......

http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/NewStadium/0,,10360~2301397,00.html

Hi Fosse69

Yes I've read Mo's proposals and, as I said, I'm generally very impressed. However the 75% doesn't offer a great lot of protection. A shareholder who already has 51% of shares only has to buy out another 24% of existing shares or create and buy enough new ones (forgive me, its too late in the day to do the full maths to work out how much this would cost) to get the necessary 75%.

If ownership was limited to 51% rather than the existing 24.4% this would overcome the problem perhaps? Failing that, any other suggestions out there? I really am open minded about this.

I understand, but why should he want to? If he comes up with a super idea, most shareholders would vote for it. Other people will buy shares, how many will sell thier shares? I will keep mine. Keeping his % down. Would he want the adverse publicity, like the board is getting. It is all about trust, who do you trust the more?

I understand, but why should he want to? If he comes up with a super idea, most shareholders would vote for it. Other people will buy shares, how many will sell thier shares? I will keep mine. Keeping his % down. Would he want the adverse publicity, like the board is getting. It is all about trust, who do you trust the more?

Point taken, but just wary of getting stung. I certainly don't trust the existing board and the current situation is breaking my heart.

As for the adverse publicity, Mo is undoubtedly an astute businessman and no doubt knows that sentiment should never come in the way of good business, even if it doesn't win you any popularity contests.

Still backing his bid but would still like to hear some concrete suggestions on how VP can be protected if the worst ever did come to the worst. If something is put forward that does this I'm sure it would win over yet more fans to Mo's cause.

Hi guys,

Rotherham fan here just passing through.

Totally agree with all the comments regarding the new "out of town identikit" grounds so it looks like our new ground ticks all your boxes Barcroft !

The Chairman has been very keen from the outset that he wanted something different.

For any of you that visited Millmoor the new place will even be closer to the town centre, although it will be very sad to leave Don Valley...not !:D

Lots of us would have liked the old Millmoor to have been re-developed but having seen the plans for the new place and what a new ground has done for the likes of Chezzy, 2012 can't come soon enough

I first visited Vale in 1977 and have always enjoyed following visits to one of the old traditional grounds.

Hope you get what you want and maybe see you in the play-offs.

Link if anyone is interested......

http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/NewStadium/0,,10360~2301397,00.html

thanks, that looks fantastic,er....can we have Tom back, please?

Archived