onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New stadium

deantaberner

SORRY THERES NO ATMOSPHERE AMONGST THE VALE FANS!

Has caps lock broken?

There's no atmosphere because ofa) we have just had to suffer the crap of jim gannon and b) that much apathy has set in the fans know the club isn't going anywhere due to the board and there's nothing they can do about it

Advert

YES AND WE ONLY GOT 11-12,000 THEN! STILL 9,000 EMPTY SEATS!

Not sure about you, but when there was just around 8,500 against Shrews it was one of the best atmospheres I've witness in the last 10 years at VP.

Plus, in the 90s when we were getting 11-13,000 average league games, what was that like?

do you think theres 9,000 fans out there that will all of a sudden start to come watch vale if mo there and we in championship?

No there is nowhere near. We only averged 9k in one season that was 94/95. The rest we were averging from 6k to 8k the 8k gates mainly swelled by large followings fromn away teams such as west brom, wolves, stoke etc. Some mention getting 10k crowds in the championship well the 13 to 15k ground would suit. If we need bigger eventualy it can bee extended on anyway. I think shrewsburys is capable of being expanded into a 40k if needed (not thatt it will). In anycase a smaller ground in a betteer location can be expanded easily anyway. The fact that vp is so close to those houses really ****** me off. What about the keepmoat for stadium ?

All of a sudden ? No. Eventually ?..... Yes.

sorry i dont think so. im not saying we have to move im saying surely for how much the lorne street has cost to do in excess of 8million can you imagine how much its going to be to redevelop railway and bycars? surely a purpose built ground to suit our needs now with a view to build on if ever them dream days come back has got to be financially better for the club.

sorry i dont think so. im not saying we have to move im saying surely for how much the lorne street has cost to do in excess of 8million can you imagine how much its going to be to redevelop railway and bycars? surely a purpose built ground to suit our needs now with a view to build on if ever them dream days come back has got to be financially better for the club.

I know it's all in fantasy anyway, but considering we apparently don't have the wages for loan players, I don't see how we could afford a new stadium, let alone finish ours.===

Not sure about you, but when there was just around 8,500 against Shrews it was one of the best atmospheres I've witness in the last 10 years at VP.

Plus, in the 90s when we were getting 11-13,000 average league games, what was that like?

We never averaged that much mate. Might of got 11-13k foior tthe odd match but not as an average. Plus if tyhe atmosphere was good in the oversized outdated rusty waste of vale park then imagine it in a purpose built stadium of say 15k fans closer to the pitch and so on.

so a purpose built stadium of 12-13,000 would suit us then on them figures you throwin at us?

We never averaged that much mate. Might of got 11-13k foior tthe odd match but not as an average. Plus if tyhe atmosphere was good in the oversized outdated rusty waste of vale park then imagine it in a purpose built stadium of say 15k fans closer to the pitch and so on.

Yeah was just an average guess as I'm only 19 haha, but if you say 15K fans in the new one, what about 15K in VP?

And sorry but even against Bradford, under 6,000 was a good atmosphere. Shrewsbury, even better.

I know I keep going on about it but I wouldn't want to move to Legoland, I could barely hear Chesterfield yesterday.

No there is nowhere near. We only averged 9k in one season that was 94/95. The rest we were averging from 6k to 8k the 8k gates mainly swelled by large followings fromn away teams such as west brom, wolves, stoke etc. Some mention getting 10k crowds in the championship well the 13 to 15k ground would suit. If we need bigger eventualy it can bee extended on anyway. I think shrewsburys is capable of being expanded into a 40k if needed (not thatt it will). In anycase a smaller ground in a betteer location can be expanded easily anyway. The fact that vp is so close to those houses really ****** me off. What about the keepmoat for stadium ?

*****, too far out of town with little or nothing around them, as is Shrewsbury, Darlo, Wycombe, Oxford, Northampton, Walsall, Yeovil, Southampton.

Give me a Vale Park, Lincoln City, Barnet, Hereford, Stockport, Torquay over any of the above.

£8Million? ..... In any case, the Lorne street is the MAIN stand and is home to all exec boxes, restaurant and banqueting, commercial facilities. It's all the stuff behind the seats that cost the money.

Any Railway development would not cost anywhere near that amount. If commercial facilities were to be incorporated into a new Railway stand, then the money would be well spent as it would see a return from non match day revenue.

I don't see the need to bulldoze a ground that needs just a refurb.

I'm going to knock my house down and build a new one, because i need a new kitchen...

Imagine the pre-match if Vale was "out-of-town" on a retail or industrial park? Crap traffic before and after games, only one, soulless "fun" pub near the ground, having to get buses to games (lets face it Firstbus service is crap at the best of times) and the club taken out of the community it serves.

No thanks!

What would the gains be?

Just redevelop Railway side, build new ticket office/clubshop/offices/community buildings pub or even hotel on Hamil end and/or on Railway and move away fans to the Bycars by buying co-op when it gets closed and park buses there.

Yeah was just an average guess as I'm only 19 haha, but if you say 15K fans in the new one, what about 15K in VP?

And sorry but even against Bradford, under 6,000 was a good atmosphere. Shrewsbury, even better.

I know I keep going on about it but I wouldn't want to move to Legoland, I could barely hear Chesterfield yesterday.

in vp thered still be 6000 empty seats. sorry i was at chesterfield and i could hear them alrite.

£8Million? ..... In any case, the Lorne street is the MAIN stand and is home to all exec boxes, restaurant and banqueting, commercial facilities. It's all the stuff behind the seats that cost the money.

Any Railway development would not cost anywhere near that amount. If commercial facilities were to be incorporated into a new Railway stand, then the money would be well spent as it would see a return from non match day revenue.

I don't see the need to bulldoze a ground that needs just a refurb.

I'm going to knock my house down and build a new one, because i need a new kitchen...

yes like i said earlier the original price to do lorne street was 4.5million then they had to have the 2.5 million off the council to finish it! and itstill isnt finished. it still needs another 1 million to finish it apparantly which adds up to 8million for a stand that wont get used! great financial sense!

Archived