onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Ipswich Town

Fosse69

I remember that one (5-0), Jan 1 1990.  What an awesome way to bring in the new decade.  
A great win for the Vale but it was very different times QV. My mates father in law was at a party on New Year's Eve at the old Posthouse hotel at Clayton. The Ipswich team were staying the night before our game and he told us they were partaking of the odd shandy. He wasn't surprised we hammered them the next day as most of the Ipswich team were hammered the night before.

Advert

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Ahhh, the  good old Lorne Street. Great memories of getting cold and soaked there.

Nothing to be proud of back then due to the perception, true or otherwise, that it was only “moaners” that went in there.  I guess most of the older guys will have sadly passed away now.  Those that haven’t appear to have moved over to the Railway now…...based on what I read on here. 😉

2 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Ahhh, the  good old Lorne Street. Great memories of getting cold and soaked there.

There's not a great deal more protection from the elements even now, as the roof is so high.

I loved it as it was before, but looking at it now complete with the RW suite and the seats filled in it's a magnificent stand. 

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

true or otherwise, that it was only “moaners” that went in there.  

True, but it was quality moaning. Forgot the rake was so low. Guess it didn't matter so much when standing.

41 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Lorne St sold out...

Don't think there are ever many tickets free in LS think it is mainly filled by STs.

No one who was there forgets the 5-0. They might have been hung over but we played some great stuff. Could have been 10. 

Nothing to fear, been in all the games this season apart from Posh and Grecians, where we didn't turn up. Hopefully we can sneak it.

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Nothing to be proud of back then due to the perception, true or otherwise, that it was only “moaners” that went in there.  I guess most of the older guys will have sadly passed away now.  Those that haven’t appear to have moved over to the Railway now…...based on what I read on here. 😉

us moaners have kept your club going for70 years!😉

Moaning is a much underestimate skill.  It is moaning, not slagging of the players/club. Just moaning. For years the tea was too hot. Gas pies. Too hot, too cold, sun in eyes, gas pies, moan moan moan gas pies. All part of the fun. The lady who screamed "there's no one there Vale" every five minutes. 

All good fun.

Tickets flowing out Railway Stand gone Grey Lorne Street Green but should be grey but says you cannot buy any in there .
Going be about 60 thousand in tomoz the way they are selling lol .
Let's have a atmosphere like v Swindon .
Team whoever DC picks more interested in the performance of the supporters .
Turn up shout for them give it your all .
UTV 1700 Ipswich sold thats tremendous hope they go up but get 0 points v the Vale in both games .
None of this I'll take a point I want 3 .

4 hours ago, toyahw said:

True, but it was quality moaning. Forgot the rake was so low. Guess it didn't matter so much when standing.

If you missed your step and fell from the near the top, so that you weren’t standing, but in fact rolling, the rake seemed quite steep……..so I was told. 😳

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Tickets flowing out Railway Stand gone Grey Lorne Street Green but should be grey but says you cannot buy any in there .
Going be about 60 thousand in tomoz the way they are selling lol .
Let's have a atmosphere like v Swindon .
Team whoever DC picks more interested in the performance of the supporters .
Turn up shout for them give it your all .
UTV 1700 Ipswich sold thats tremendous hope they go up but get 0 points v the Vale in both games .
None of this I'll take a point I want 3 .

Bycars “good availability” by any chance?

Archived