onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England Squad

Jacko51

Advert

Well what a mixed bag that was! Some decent play from us. Looked absolutely done and terrified when we went a couple of goals down. The Saka and Mount subs completely changed the game. They offered far more than Foden and Sterling. Best player on the pitch along with Musiala was Jude Bellingham. He's the one player our team should be built around going forward.

Good watch overall. But we won't win a thing with plodders like Maguire and Dier at the back no matter who's in charge.

2 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Well what a mixed bag that was! Some decent play from us. Looked absolutely done and terrified when we went a couple of goals down. The Saka and Mount subs completely changed the game. They offered far more than Foden and Sterling. Best player on the pitch along with Musiala was Jude Bellingham. He's the one player our team should be built around going forward.

Good watch overall. But we won't win a thing with plodders like Maguire and Dier at the back no matter who's in charge.

Harsh on Dier, thought he was good.  Maguire on the other hand was dreadful and for the main part so was Shaw.  One great pass in the first half and he got a spawny goal but the number of times he gave the ball away was ridiculous.  Would also much prefer Trent to James.

6 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Harsh on Dier, thought he was good.  Maguire on the other hand was dreadful and for the main part so was Shaw.  One great pass in the first half and he got a spawny goal but the number of times he gave the ball away was ridiculous.  Would also much prefer Trent to James.

Dier wasn't bad but he's only slightly better than Maguire. To have them both at the back is a recipe for disaster. But of the two I would go with Dier every time. And at least he's also playing regularly for his club.

Shaw never looks fit but he did score and also produced arguably the pass of the game to his credit.

Pickford is head and shoulders our best keeper. It's mad to me how much criticism he still gets from some quarters. Pope will never be good enough with his feet to play at this sort of level, and also looks terrified.

Going into the World Cup I think our best 11 (injuries permitting) would be the below. I'd like to see us play to our strengths instead of worrying so much about what the opposition can and can't do all the time. Going 5 at the back against the better sides often just hands them the initiative. Go 4-3-3 and let our world-class attack be our strength. 

Pickford

James       Stones        Dier       Chilwell

Rice

Mount         Bellingham

Saka                      Sterling

Kane

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Dodgy by Pope for their third. Bellingham MOM by Miles. Maguire should be taken outside and shot like they do with horses. 

I really hope that's a joke that I haven't got. To suggest a footballer should be murdered for playing poorly is sick.  It's not south America.  And it's not his fault he was selected either.   What should happen to Pope?

1 hour ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I really hope that's a joke that I haven't got. To suggest a footballer should be murdered for playing poorly is sick.  It's not south America.  And it's not his fault he was selected either.   What should happen to Pope?

I hardly think he or she wants Maguire to actually be shot for crying out loud...

White has been the best English defender in the Premiership this season, Maguire has struggled to make the United team. 

I’m predicting a very poor World Cup for England and Southgate will be gone before 2023. Had a wager a few months back on Eddie Howe to be the next England manager but it will probably be 6 months too early for him.

9 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Joke. 

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

White has been the best English defender in the Premiership this season, Maguire has struggled to make the United team. 

I’m predicting a very poor World Cup for England and Southgate will be gone before 2023. Had a wager a few months back on Eddie Howe to be the next England manager but it will probably be 6 months too early for him.

My prediction was Steve Cooper particularly( after winning the under 18's was it ?  World Cup.) , but given the mess Forest look to be in maybe he'd be overlooked .

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Think White's issue is that he's been playing right-back a lot for Arsenal this season. I'd like to see him and Stones at the back with Dier in that middle of them if playing a back 5. Stones and White can both play football. Dier is the kick it and head it out figure.

Archived