onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England Squad

Jacko51

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Think White's issue is that he's been playing right-back a lot for Arsenal this season. I'd like to see him and Stones at the back with Dier in that middle of them if playing a back 5. Stones and White can both play football. Dier is the kick it and head it out figure.

Personally think Maguire is far better than Dier, problem is he’s at United which can make the best players in the world look crap. Leicester have not been the same since Maguire left.

Advert

12 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Personally think Maguire is far better than Dier, problem is he’s at United which can make the best players in the world look crap. Leicester have not been the same since Maguire left.

United have played six games since they dropped Maguire, winning five. That included wins versus Liverpool and Arsenal. The one game they didn't win (in fact they lost) was when they recalled Maguire for the Soceidad game.

I think every game Maguire has started in this season England or man utd have lost in. He was at fault for 2 of the goals and shouldn't be anywhere near this squad based on current form. Mount has to play in midfield for me, as if we play what we did last night Bellingham, rice, Shaw, James then there's not many goals coming from any of them.

2 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I think every game Maguire has started in this season England or man utd have lost in. He was at fault for 2 of the goals and shouldn't be anywhere near this squad based on current form. Mount has to play in midfield for me, as if we play what we did last night Bellingham, rice, Shaw, James then there's not many goals coming from any of them.

Sure Maguire started yesterday so that stat can't be right. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2022 at 20:53, valiant_593 said:

Dreadful squad really. Like you say he said he would pick on form and I’m sure he said that recently as well. 

Maquire and Shaw should be nowhere near that squad. Grealish and Bowen I wouldn’t have in either. (Bowen of this season) Mason mount has been dire this season, yet will start. Squad based on names again rather than form, there’s an argument like with Chilwell to say Phillips shouldn’t be in there either. Trent been awful as well and we don’t need him with the other (better RBs we have) 

For me Kilman at Wolves should be in. Left sided CB, 2nd best rated CB so far this season stat wise in premiership. Maddison overlooked again, I know Leicester are struggling but his stats are still excellent. Ben white? He’s done well so far this season. Two players I’m not a fan of but both doing well recently, rashford and sancho. If it’s on form surely they’re in as well? 

You wouldn't have Grealish,are you serious?

On 27/09/2022 at 15:07, jjvale_03 said:

United have played six games since they dropped Maguire, winning five. That included wins versus Liverpool and Arsenal. The one game they didn't win (in fact they lost) was when they recalled Maguire for the Soceidad game.

City brought them down to earth again and that's without Maguire.

On 26/09/2022 at 22:55, Valiiant said:

Pickford is head and shoulders our best keeper. It's mad to me how much criticism he still gets from some quarters. Pope will never be good enough with his feet to play at this sort of level, and also looks terrified.

Going into the World Cup I think our best 11 (injuries permitting) would be the below. I'd like to see us play to our strengths instead of worrying so much about what the opposition can and can't do all the time. Going 5 at the back against the better sides often just hands them the initiative. Go 4-3-3 and let our world-class attack be our strength. 

Pickford

James       Stones        Dier       Chilwell

Rice

Mount         Bellingham

Saka                      Sterling

Kane

Those eleven plus Ramsdale and Pope,TAA,Trippier,Maguire,White,  Coady,Tomori,Henderson,Prowse, Foden,Grealish,Rashford,Abraham and Wilson.

I hope he takes the in form Maddison but I don't think he trusts him and I don't think Walker and Phillips will be fit.

9 hours ago, For Us All said:

Those eleven plus Ramsdale and Pope,TAA,Trippier,Maguire,White,  Coady,Tomori,Henderson,Prowse, Foden,Grealish,Rashford,Abraham and Wilson.

I hope he takes the in form Maddison but I don't think he trusts him and I don't think Walker and Phillips will be fit.

I don't think Maddison runs up and down enough for Southgate. He's also a genuine attacking midfielder and Gareth doesn't really play formations that would suit him. 

I'm all for building teams around your best and most gifted players, and for me that's Foden and Bellingham for England. Those two along with Kane and Reece James would be my first picks whenever fit and available.

Archived