onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Today's gate

Simcity47

Advert

Disappointing.

Would love to know from those that did not go today why not..

Stockport had more at home in the conference.

I was expecting 6500 to 7000.

just been on Stockports website and they have published next seasons bargain ticket prices, £120!! I just wonder how much the new owners of Vale will be asking us to fork out next season?

It could have been better but I bet only the top three and Bradford had better gates than us.

Torquay, Cheltenham and Crawley have been in the play offs or better for most of the season and I don't think any of them have had a single gate close to Vale's yesterday.

There was also many fans of other clubs. I sat next to three Arsenal fans in the family stand. I think the overall disappointment of the season has left many fans totally deflated. I hope we can all start to get back down to Vale Park and support the team and show our intent for the future.

There really are some uppity edited by admin on here aren't there sometimes! "get off your backsides", "get your cash out the lads need it" so do peoples families. I paid 20.50 yesterday, actually 21 spent money in the club shop and put 25 in a bucket outside the railway stand, and was treated to an absolutely woeful display. If people can afford they will go if they can't they won't so get off your high horses and see the bigger picture. And I'll tell you this for free, after that display I'm in 2 minds whether to go on the 20th or not and if I do i'll be paying to get in and that's that, I can't afford to keep putting cash in a bucket not when I've got a mortgage car family.

Tuesday night was the first game Ive been in 3 years since I decided I wouldnt give Bratt any of my money (previous season ticket holder, stopped going midseason with a season ticket)

I live in Manchester now, finished work at 5 and came straight to the game.

I was working saturday afternoon till 6. Can I have exemption please?

I am also disappointed in our below 6000 gate but as I posted on another thread,we have been in the 2nd division for a number of years and IMHO we have lost fans to dark side called Premier Football,not necessary supporting stoke but going there to see the stars of football with other clubs, we will only get them back with a winning team at PVFC ,our gates aren't as bad as some may think,last time Stoke were in the 1st division as it was called then they were getting crowds of 30,000 regular and we were getting below 3,000,so as I say,things aren't that bad at PVFC ..:yes: .... KEEP THE FAITH ..

Grebo, back in the 70s Stoke averaged around 20,000 when they were at their best. Until the premiership days their best two years averages were around 30,000 one of them when Matthews returned. their averages in the prem are there best year on year averages in their history. If you to on the bloatcake smudge has done an historical breakdown of their crowds. Our crowds back in the 70s were anywhere between 2500 to 5000 so it could be argued that at the present time our gates aren't to bad based on what stoke are getting. Remember the promotion season under macgrath, we only had a few gates over 5000 then at a time when football was relatively cheaper to go to. I never expected 7000 to 8000 just because we are in admin, not at 20 quid a pop. The first game in admin last time drew just over 6000 against a high flying Wigan side who bought a good following.

Just said on another thread that the attendance was really dissapointing and makes me wonder if some fans have been lost for good

Dont "wonder" its a fact once you stop going its gonna take something really special - like getting out of league 2 or signing a proper goally or some proper footballers to assist the 2 / 3 we already have or someone with real wonga owning the club etc etc etc.

N,B i went for the first time in ages yesterday and the team were the same (living well down to expectations) - who was it who posted on here "we can still do it"? play offs ? I will have what shes been drinking.:rolleyes:

Grebo, back in the 70s Stoke averaged around 20,000 when they were at their best. Until the premiership days their best two years averages were around 30,000 one of them when Matthews returned. their averages in the prem are there best year on year averages in their history. If you to on the bloatcake smudge has done an historical breakdown of their crowds. Our crowds back in the 70s were anywhere between 2500 to 5000 so it could be argued that at the present time our gates aren't to bad based on what stoke are getting. Remember the promotion season under macgrath, we only had a few gates over 5000 then at a time when football was relatively cheaper to go to. I never expected 7000 to 8000 just because we are in admin, not at 20 quid a pop. The first game in admin last time drew just over 6000 against a high flying Wigan side who bought a good following.

Actually, Tim, the first game after admin was against Plymouth and the crowd was 4892. The next up after that was against Wigan on Boxing Day. Wigan were top of the table and we were in a higher division.

Our gate yesterday was 1500 more than the Barnet game last season although that was a Tuesday night - we were in the play-off positions then though.

I was quite please with yesterday's gate to be honest.

Tuesday night was the first game Ive been in 3 years since I decided I wouldnt give Bratt any of my money (previous season ticket holder, stopped going midseason with a season ticket)

I live in Manchester now, finished work at 5 and came straight to the game.

I was working saturday afternoon till 6. Can I have exemption please?

No, change your shifts:razz:

imo if we want to increase the support why not,put more netting in the middle of the away stand,as barnet,burton and most other teams in our league stugle to bring over 250 fans,we would sell a lot more tickets and make more money if we did that as the stand holds nearly 5000,bob young needs to sort something like that out to bring more funds in to pay wages.

imo if we want to increase the support why not,put more netting in the middle of the away stand,as barnet,burton and most other teams in our league stugle to bring over 250 fans,we would sell a lot more tickets and make more money if we did that as the stand holds nearly 5000,bob young needs to sort something like that out to bring more funds in to pay wages.

:unsure:

i was dissapointed with the gate but to be honest i thought it was greater than published (must still be dodgy turnstyles still counting from the bill bell era). paddock looked nearly full a more than healthy crowd in the stand, few more in bycars.

just a thought is vale park too big for us?

a 12 acre site will come at a heavy cost.

walsall have made a profit 9 out of last 10 yrs with their chairman being put under pressure to spend which im told (by a walsall fan) he wont.

Apparently torquay and cheltenham have turned in a profit with much less gate than ours but im sure with lower overheads and the same level of support we to could turn in a profit.

Archived