onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Today's gate

Simcity47

The attendance reflects the fact that if two people go across as a walk-in it will be £43 or £41 - which is a lot of money for a dead rubber in the old-division4 bottom rung of the league ladder.

The cheapest adult walk-in price of £20.50 is FAR TOO HIGH. It is the highest in league2, higher than 23 of the 24 league1 clubs and higher than almost half of the "championship" clubs.

The 'greek tv decoder' issue cannot help either, there must be about 200pubs in the city that were showing Chelsea v Stoke live on tv in a nice warm pub serving beer. Walk the pub and pay £3.50 for a pint, sit in the warm and watch that or drive across to Burslem pay the petrol and £21 to watch Barnet the visitors. That cannot help the gate at Vale.

I drove past 4 or 5 pubs on my way in, and all looked pretty full and that was with 30mins to go before kick-off.

The standard of the football today was terrible, and people will question paying another £21 walk-in next home game.

Advert

The attendance was crap and if Vale ever were in a position to fold you can bet your life thousands would be crying into their armchairs and barstools about what lifelong fans they were.

I thought for a one off game (i.e either Tues or today) we would have got 7,000.....clearly not.

The worrying thing is that as the season goes on and were playing for nothing the gates will plummet.

Thing is we go on about our potential blah blah..but when it comes to he crunch people still find a reason not to go!

We had 8500 against shrewsbury last year. Where have the other 3000 gone?

Do we want the club to survive?

*** get off your **** and stop finding excuses.

You really need to have a conversation with yourself.

A lot of people turned up on Tuesday - I was one of them. Could I afford to pay for two home games in a week? No I couldn't, and I'm guessing a lot more people couldn't as well, especially given the unemployment situation.

So get off your high horse and get real. :shutup:

A lot of people turned up on Tuesday - I was one of them. Could I afford to pay for two home games in a week? No I couldn't, and I'm guessing a lot more people couldn't as well, especially given the unemployment situation.

:clap: :clap:

Spot on Mel. It doesn't matter how much you love the Club if you simply can't afford to spent over £40 on footy in a week.

103 Barnet fans according to their official site,so it was a poor crowd after all the hype from certain fans!!!!

Still 1450 more than a month ago. Some folk need a reality check. 30-40% of the fan base are floaters and are not as 'involved' as the core 'passionate' every weekers. Setting our aims at 5k will be a realistic benchmark, any else is a bonus.

You see though we can say this......but the low pay and deprivation of this area doesn't seem to affect the south of the city.

The fact is if Vale were doing well people would find the money to afford 2 games in a week.....as it is, people just simply won't it seems.

I think a certain percentage of fans are a bit naive about the harsh realities of administration. Some possibly think that now the previous regime has gone a buyer will be found and everything will be hunky dory.

But the fact is that every single penny that goes into the coffers is another penny towards keeping as many as the playing/coaching staff together without the administrators having to take drastic measures.

My message to any Vale fan who may be thinking "I'll get my season ticket next season when everything has been sorted" is get your backside down to Vale Park as often as you can afford between now and May and put every spare penny you have (if any) in those collection buckets.

I have no doubt Vale will come out of this stronger in the future but don't rest on your laurels and assume this will happen the club needs you now more than ever!

Spot on.

It was never going to be an overnight turnaround.

We had 5400 home fans in today and most clubs at this level would love to get that support. Furthermore it was a show to any investor of the clubs potential and will have provided valuable cash flow to the administrator.

The target should be to try and keep the gates at that level if possible as it represents a big jump on those seen just a few weeks ago.

I am a SEO and said once they go I would go back but I didn't go Tuesday or today because I have tonsillitis and the flu so there is my reason and once fit will go every game possible. :( you never no others might have there reasons as well.

P**s poor excuse mate. Bit of man flu keeping u away. I'm joking by the way;). Tbh people got carried away with the euphoria of a new era in my opinion. We were never likely to get a big crowd today. Poor football at £20 odd a pop is not going to entice masses of people back despite the current situation. The core of die-hards has shrunken since before SEO and will take a long time to build back up again. The main reasons we sold over 6,000 season tickets 3 years ago was because they were going cheap and we were playing half decent football. I hope crowds improve but I fear admin will be a lot tougher than most on here realise. I think unfortunately crowds are likely to drop in the short term until some stability is achieved. let's keep the faith but with a healthy dose of reality.

You see though we can say this......but the low pay and deprivation of this area doesn't seem to affect the south of the city.

The fact is if Vale were doing well people would find the money to afford 2 games in a week.....as it is, people just simply won't it seems.

Perhaps so but also perhaps that's because people save for season tickets or get them as presents etc. That makes a difference. We have season ticket holders who've done the same. I dare say there aren't many Stoke supporters who could pay on the gate for 2 games in a week.

Perhaps so but also perhaps that's because people save for season tickets or get them as presents etc. That makes a difference. We have season ticket holders who've done the same. I dare say there aren't many Stoke supporters who could pay on the gate for 2 games in a week.

3 games in a week if you count Accrington away, which has cost me nigh over £100 in total. Very Expensive stuff this footy lark :yes:

I feel fairly sure Barry (Aussie Rules) would be able to verify this, but the winner of the Guess the Crowd is nearly always at the lower end of the guesses for home matches.

What does this tell us ? - simply that expectations are higher than the reality and this was true today, where five and a half thousand is actually a very respectable gate given the opposition, the entry price and the fact that it was the second home game in 5 days.

We can't magic up another 2 or 3 thousand fans from somewhere because they came to watch a table-topping match against Shrewsbury 18 months ago in the middle of a good run of form.

Archived