onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Today's gate

Simcity47

I'd love to know which marketing expert suggested in pre-season that £20.50 would be achievable as a walk-in admission fee.

They've made some howlers down the years, but that one ranks pretty badly.

As a priority, admission charges MUST be reviewed.

Thanks to the massive inequalities in football finance, clubs such as Villa regularly offer tickets for £20.00

Sanity has to return at some point when it comes to the cost of watching football in the UK.

Spot on.

How the hell do you expect floating fans, or not even vale fans to wake up on a Saturday morning wanting to watch a game and then have to pay £20:50 for Fourth division Football?......

I had a mate with me on Saturday, he's not a Vale fan, (he's not much of a football fan to be honest) but hes been the last three saturday home games when he purchased a ticket for £10 off someone i know.

We were in the Pub Saturday, and i said are you coming? i couldn't get him a ticket so he obviously stayed in the pub and had a few beers.

Now if the admission was say 14/15 then im pretty confident he would of come the game and paid that amount.

£20 is bad enough but £20:50 is just a **** take.

The crowds have been decent against Burton and Barnet considering the walk up price is so high.

Just think if it was far cheaper like it should be?.

Whoever it is that comes in next season, (hopefully Mo) then you HAVE to change this and make it a realistic price or fans will not come.

Advert

Whoever it is that comes in next season, (hopefully Mo) then you HAVE to change this and make it a realistic price or fans will not come.

I'm a member of MClub for my sins and I can honestly say that Mo works his backside off to get people through the doors, he may be the owner but I'd bet money that he is also the best salesman there as well !

In terms of getting bums on seats and cash in the till I dont think that many would come close to him

I agree, but a lot of businesss do this.

I wonder if Waterworld operate this system?

Not on debit card purchases they don't and also the surcharges Vale levy on card transactions are the highest I have encountered. I have bought loads of stuff over the net and the only things I have had surcharges on are car tax, council tax and flights and I think the highest fee was 1.5%. The surcharge on caed purchases was one of V2001s little scams I think.

I agree, but a lot of businesss do this.

I wonder if Waterworld operate this system?

My better half runs a restaurant, and to take a payment from a debit card costs her about 23p, though credit card payments cost her a lot more. There are all sorts of deals available depending on whether the business wants to pay standing charges or a fee per transaction, and whatever happens next, someone ought to be looking at which card payment processing company (not necessarily a bank as we know it) would offer the best deal for a card payment system so as not to fleece the fans.

I'll just leave this here. Average attendances at Vale Park since 1965:

valecrowds.png

Thats really interesting to look at,thanks for your efforts!Even in the good years we failed to attract massive crowds,apart from the times when the gloryhunters turned up for cup games.

I would have been there if not for a previous engagement - however I've decided to donate my admission fee to FEU. Will be there for the match at the end of the month and I'll be at Aldershot too - it's virtually a home match.

Certainly for "away" fans like myself spur of the moment decisions to go sometimes don't always fit in. I think things will build - the same with SEO.

I agree with previous posts though - admission fees are far too high. If I was the administrator I'd knock off a few quid until the end of the season. Boost attendences. Boost income from the kiosks etc.

I would have been there if not for a previous engagement - however I've decided to donate my admission fee to FEU. Will be there for the match at the end of the month and I'll be at Aldershot too - it's virtually a home match.

Certainly for "away" fans like myself spur of the moment decisions to go sometimes don't always fit in. I think things will build - the same with SEO.

I agree with previous posts though - admission fees are far too high. If I was the administrator I'd knock off a few quid until the end of the season. Boost attendences. Boost income from the kiosks etc.

That's an interesting one actually. Azure would have taken the money from the kiosks with the deal they signed with the club in the summer. Now we are in admin, does that still stand? Or do they just go on the list of creditors and Vale keep the money?

As an SRFC fan I came with two mates to support you last week and we were surprised at the cost of admission. Cheapest admissions at some Premiership clubs are £15 where gates are not brilliant, Wigan etc.

But, with the large proportion of your fans having season tickets I can understand why you need to have weekly revenue through the turnstiles for wages etc.

Good luck for the future:keepup:

As an SRFC fan I came with two mates to support you last week and we were surprised at the cost of admission. Cheapest admissions at some Premiership clubs are £15 where gates are not brilliant, Wigan etc.

But, with the large proportion of your fans having season tickets I can understand why you need to have weekly revenue through the turnstiles for wages etc.

Thanks for your support.

It's nice to know that the Sussex Radio Flying Club are supporting us in our hour of need.....cheers lads. :rolleyes:

Archived