• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

The Hamil End

I've not been in the Bycars for years but would the facilities allow for netting to separate home and away fans for all but the biggest home games? That way no-one who wants to watch from the Bycars is denied doing so apart from a few games.     

Advert:

I also think the bycars should be split,. There's 2 entrances and exits so it's logisticly possible to throw the netting down and give away fans the bit from the middle of the stand to the family corner and give home fans the rest. Best of both worlds?

I think that if Vale do decide to change then they'll need to add facilities in the Bycars for beer sales, it'll be far more lucrative than it has been in previous seasons as there'll be far more away fans.  
Can't we adapt to the occasion,as plenty of empty capacity, small away support say less than a k they are given the Bycars, maybe some dual ticketing system could be arranged, it's the concourse that's the main draw for most. I'll renew for Bycars and Carol can make the right decision in the interests of super Vale, together we will succeed %.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Warren said:

It isn't safe to reverse the stands. Swindon QED.

I'm not so sure mate, I think Swindon was a one off - cant ever remember buttons being pushed by an opposition team like they did leading up to the match. Plus, there are not going to be many matches where there are 2200+ moronic away fans.

Advert:

Just now, Hoppers said:

I'm not so sure mate, I think Swindon was a one off - cant ever remember buttons being pushed by an opposition team like they did leading up to the match. Plus, there are not going to be many matches where there are 2200+ moronic away fans.

2200?

They brought 7665 !!! 🥳

Just now, bycarspete said:

Can't we adapt to the occasion,as plenty of empty capacity, small away support say less than a k they are given the Bycars, maybe some dual ticketing system could be arranged, it's the concourse that's the main draw for most. I'll renew for Bycars and Carol can make the right decision in the interests of super Vale, together we will succeed emoji817.png%.

And if the Hamil can convert a fan with bycars in his name, then we can achieve anything - Don't you be eyeing my spot under the scoreboard behind the goals mate 😍😍😍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

What the hell is wrong with folk these days?  Everyone’s gone soft.  Why are you discriminating against the dark ages?  Back then you didn’t need facilities, it was free and easy, people just shat themselves for fun, just defecate where you like.  No stigma.  Nobody batted an eyelid.  And what’s your problem with medieval times?  Ok it was tricky taking a dump in a full suit of armour but you had your robe du garde.  No problem at all.  Let it drop into the moat.

Sorry Stung but after your last comment you’ve lost all the love and respect I had for you.

Can't believe people are actually arguing in favour of the bycars.

Just on the argument of atmosphere alone, there's only one winner.

Look at Newport, 2 to 3k in there, hardly made a noise. Swindon was the best atmosphere at Vale I can remember. 

Before then, whenever the atmosphere has been ok, like Burton 7 - 1, the Bycars just got involved with songs started elsewhere. It won't attract the people that start everything off. It's dead in there.

• Like 2

Advert:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Why? Had nothing to do with what stand fans ran on the pitch from. Was there any trouble outside the ground?

The only thing I can think of that could use on that in the first half of extra time someone threw what I presume was a cigarette lighter at McKirdy while he was having a tantrum. Only realised it was something thrown when watching the TV recording back though did see Connor Hall at the time waving to people to say don’t do that. Hardly a reason not to do the switch though.

The pitch invasion was happening regardless of stand.

Edited by Guppys left peg
  • Like 2

If Swindon were in the Hamil it would have probably kicked off outside. It's safer this way around.

If we don't sort this out I want a meeting called.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

The only thing I can think of that could use on that in the first half of extra time someone threw what I presume was a cigarette lighter at McKirdy while he was having a tantrum. Only realised it was something thrown when watching the TV recording back though did see Connor Hall at the time waving to people to say don’t do that. Hardly a reason not to do the switch though.

The pitch invasion was happening regardless of stand.

Maybe, but again you could easily argue that's not a stand related issue. 

Police issues relating to the Hamil revolve completely around crowd movement outside of the ground. In that sense, I'm pretty sure the Swindon match will have been one of the easiest to Police for years.

Over 2,000 away fans had hardly any interaction with home fans. That's simply not possible with away fans in the Hamil End.

What stands fans were in had absolutely no impact on issues v Swindon.

• Like 2

Advert:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Maybe, but again you could easily argue that's not a stand related issue. 

Police issues relating to the Hamil revolve completely around crowd movement outside of the ground. In that sense, I'm pretty sure the Swindon match will have been one of the easiest to Police for years.

Over 2,000 away fans had hardly any interaction with home fans. That's simply not possible with away fans in the Hamil End.

What stands fans were in had absolutely no impact on issues v Swindon.

Yep completely agree. Obviously it’s been well documented what happened on the pitch at the end but that was nothing to do with the Hamil as such. Outside if there was any major disorder you’d have heard all about it from the Stokienel by now.

As mentioned it is probably far safer for them to have the Bycars. Can designate Dimensions as the permanent away car park and never have the home and away fans meet. Avoids scenes like we saw on Hamil Road when Wolves last came here for one.

Edited by Guppys left peg
  • Like 1

Stung notes that judging by the response from the people who attended the Swindon game ,both regular and occasional fans ,that there would be an increase in season ticket sales if the switch was made . For the handful who dig their heels in can the club invest in a tardis? Extra revenue from extra sales would outweigh the time travel machine . Stung notes that many of the people who took part in my albeit small survey suggest that one of the main reasons they want to move is based around it being far more family friendly , their purchase of season ticket depends on the move, diehards will buy regardless but this floating can market must be tapped into ( like at EVERY other club )

• Like 2

I’ve said it for years, easier to police, the coaches can be parked at the back of Synetics car park, Tommy Cheadles can open more freely, it helps to stop home and away fans meeting each other along Hamil Road after the game. Just build a bar behind the Bycars for away fans, sorted.

I’d also look to open the old family stand in the corner with a seperate entrance to be used when away support does not look to accede 400 hundred giving us the Bycars as well.

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to The Hamil End