onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

13 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Exactly I am beginning to think we reassess our Buying Pitch.

Regards the Financial side, I can agree with the club’s way of working.

But this question of the player has to suit the club, have the right profile, don’t upset the Dressing Room etc.

Surely the Man Management side is part of the Manager’s Role and sometimes he might have to change a player’s attitude etc. it is why we have a manager otherwise we would only need a Footballing Coach.

There are players you will never change, McKirdy for example. Do you want the dressing room to be destroyed as it was when Askey had his last 6 months with us. 

4 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

...is the most important part. (My opinion!)

Yeh it’s a game of opinions fair enough.

We all want the Perfect Signing but there are not all that many out there, sometimes you have to take a gamble.

I keep looking at Accrington Stanley and with a manager like John Coleman, who is not well liked by other clubs fans and wonder how they are so competitive in League One with their Budget and the signings they make !

24 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Everyone just needs to chill on the signings. I'd rather have nobody than a Guthrie, Robinson or similar. It's asking a lot, but can we continue to have a little faith in a week that we lost our first match of the season? Yeah?

Why would we end up with the likes of Guthrie / Robinson? I understand being told to chill back in July before the Spain trip. But we all just seen how short we are. We’re in league 1 now, and had a far weaker 11 out on Saturday than last season. A 17 year old midfielder up top won’t cut it. I still have faith we will bring in a couple of decent players, but I really think we need them sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, mbycars said:

There are players you will never change, McKirdy for example. Do you want the dressing room to be destroyed as it was when Askey had his last 6 months with us. 

Obviously McKirdy is way beyond changing and no, I don’t want the dressing room be lost but that is, to some degree the job of the manager to keep the players happy etc and not have players sulking because they have been dropped etc or any other player that acts like a spoilt brat.

A good manager will never lose the dressing room only childless players will !

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson or Pep Guardiolla allowing players dictate things, I don’t think so and this should filter down the leagues with Decent Owners and Good Managers which we currently have, I believe.

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, Alsager Whites said:
close to a signing says DC. hope its done for saturday.

Always close...same old same old.

I dont think he has said we are close before tbf,however he has said to be patient many times

Maybe offers have been accepted and its down to the players now

57 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Everyone just needs to chill on the signings. I'd rather have nobody than a Guthrie, Robinson or similar. It's asking a lot, but can we continue to have a little faith in a week that we lost our first match of the season? Yeah?

Totally agree and on that point does anyone know who our strikers were when we got relegated from this division??

I am still ultra confident that we wont go into the majority of the season only having Wilson,Proctor and Stone... we will have another keeper and also 2 maybe 3 new forwards imo and they will be the right ones the management team wants

42 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Isn't he a winger? Not sure he would suit our system.

I think he played in a number 10 role for Harrogate last season so can play wide or up top. Obviously we dont know a lot about him but Harrogate fans said he was very good for them

11 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think he played in a number 10 role for Harrogate last season so can play wide or up top. Obviously we dont know a lot about him but Harrogate fans said he was very good for them

Sounds exactly like Holden then, maybe without the injury record.

Archived