onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Interim Board + PH and MT

Liquid Matt

Add into the.mix that Geoff Wakefield is a certified csuhnitt it would make him as least as bad as anyone else.

Wakefield can take a running jump. I think the club just attracts the worst crowd of business novices and despicable personalities.

Advert

They blatantly lied and got caught out, isnt that enough to arouse suspicion. Sorry but from the past experience with the scum board including the two who will be representing us if we succeed at the EGM, we have the right to be suspicious about EVERYTHING!!! Time after time we got screwed over.

Hi Liquid Matt

I'll tell you what to do - why don't you contact Dave Smith? Ask him for his version of events on that day with Paladini.

Or in your opinion, do you also think Dave would lie?

If you want his contact details, please PM me.

They are either liars, incompetent, gullible or spineless.

They were part of the group that has dragged this club down to the lowest point in it's modern history and they must have displayed characteristics not befitting of board members to help bring us to this chaos. Do not go anywhere the near the old guard if we can possibly help it. How much more evidence do people need? Each of the original cohort is out for personal gain, although some intertwine it with a casual thought for the club. They had they're chance, now we should move on without them unless it is absolutely necessary to get them involved.

Couldn't disagree more.

Yes, Paul and Mike were part of an unpopular board that was exposed as being self serving, but they both decided to resign in the face of having no say in boardroom matters as everything seemed to be controlled by Messrs Bratt and Jackson.

In Mike Thompstone's case he resigned after losing the show of hands vote at the 2010 AGM. He didn't need to do that as he won the poll vote by a large majority. But he did and outside was willing to give some insight into why.

Paul I feel resigned because he felt he did not have enough support on his side to effect change. Faced with the cartel of Jackson, Meigh, Bratt, Oliver and Mudie, he did the right thing for Port Vale. I can fully understand why he wanted out.

Both backed the movement for change at the last EGM. Both are backing it again and have offered their much needed assistance to the SC. I don't see this as a means to an end simply because they are exempt from the £50K rule. I see their experience of dealing with the old board as invaluable when it comes to assessing the state of the club should we be successful in gaining control.

I don't know Mike Thompstone but you couldn't be more wrong about Paul Humphreys.

The Paladini argument was unfortunate. Geoff is still of the opinion that Paladini was the answer to our problems and has done wonders at QPR. The fact is he took QPR to within two hours of liquidation thanks to his mismanagement, in particular his payment of huge agents fees to his mates in the business. He was also shown up in court when his allegations about being held at gunpoint in the QPR Board Room saw all those whom he had accused acquitted.

Paladini was a bit of a fantasist. His website at the time of his involvement with Vale claimed he had played for Juventus and Italy - clearly a figment of his imagination.

So you wouldnt swap QPR's position today with ours? :yes:

Almost every home game I've been this season I've seen Paul Humphreys in the Paddock with his wife. He's always had time to say hello to people and doesn't treat anyone differently regardless of who they are or how many shares they have. It's idiotic to even try and claim he isn't on our side.

As for Mike Thompstone, he lost a hand vote at an AGM and stood down. He's a man with morals and I'm happy trust him.

Liquid..how come you have automatically accepted Wakefield's version of events regarding the Palladini affair over Humphrey's. Wakefield has seemed to me to be bitter and twisted ever since the events that led to him being no longer a director.

And to tell you the truth, I don't think raking over events from years ago is going to help us remove the 4 present directors, which is surely the goal for all of us. If you have been attending the SC meetings you must surely realise why Humphrey's & Thompstone need to be candidates for the "interim board", and that they do not plan to be around for longer than is necessary should they get in at the E/AGM. Now is the not the time to be sniping and attacking people who are on side. What is the point? Are you hoping something goes wrong later and you say "I told you so". At this moment in time, we do not need to be talking about ifs, buts & maybes from events in the distant and near past, we need to be sticking together to ensure the maximum number of shareholders vote the way the vast majority of fans want on March 13th. As "Vale" says, these rumours, silly scenarios, moans and attacks on those prepared to stand up are only helping the current 4 directors strengthen their hand.

Hi Liquid Matt

I'll tell you what to do - why don't you contact Dave Smith? Ask him for his version of events on that day with Paladini.

Or in your opinion, do you also think Dave would lie?

If you want his contact details, please PM me.

Dave Smith will verify the version of events given by Paul last night. He has already done so to me quite some time ago.

why the hell are people losing the plot over events which happened many years ago ? tbh the spat between gw ph mt was wholly inappropriate at the time imo . that one incident passed many moons ago and should be left alone.

with regards to paul h and mike t , yes i was disappointed with their involvement (lack of defiance) under the previous board but i trust them both now . both mike and paul stood down on principle and showed that they have MORALS in doing so.

people may say why are they helping the sc now , the answer is plain for all to see if you bother to look. their club is dying , the people they once voted against for refusing to allow in mike newton , mo chaudry and others are the cause of this along with the new kids miller and deakin. they can see that they can help right many wrongs by helping oust them at the egm and revenge i am sure will be oh so sweet .

please have no fears about mike t or paul h they want success for pvfc and that means removing the current board entirely.

I cant believe the attack on PH and MT they are both Vale through and through and both came across as genuine guys last night and short of repeating whats already been said on here think that people ought to think before they write stuff on here.

Gaz is right it might do everyone a favour to stop running around like headless chickens thinking everybody is involved in a conspiricy theory

The two ex-directors are here to facilitate change and we must have that....writing **** on here is doing no-one any favours whatsoever

I appreciate its a forum for discussion but please!!!! some of the things that are being put on here at the moment are laughable

Have a word with yourselves!!!

I cant believe the attack on PH and MT they are both Vale through and through and both came across as genuine guys last night and short of repeating whats already been said on here think that people ought to think before they write stuff on here.

Gaz is right it might do everyone a favour to stop running around like headless chickens thinking everybody is involved in a conspiricy theory

The two ex-directors are here to facilitate change and we must have that....writing **** on here is doing no-one any favours whatsoever

I appreciate its a forum for discussion but please!!!! some of the things that are being put on here at the moment are laughable

Have a word with yourselves!!!

I agree. I have worked with both of these guys and they deserve your trust and respect.

MT and PH answered questions reasonably last night and provided explanations of how they were members of an ineffective and failing board which were plausible. In essence decisions at meetings were not implemented by the Chair and meetings were too infrequent. After allowing time for these sort of problems to resolve, and seeing the rejection out of hand of investment opportunities, they resigned. With hindsight they may have acted more assertively, but that is with hindsight.

As for the Paladini incident some guy on the floor had a rant about his investment proposals being rejected and was the rudest person there last night. Calling people liars caused the people accused to have to take calm down pills as they responded and hence they did not give the best answers, but in the end they explained why they rejected Paladini and I was left feeling - bacause I wasn't there and the facts are confidential - that the rejection of that investment was taken using reasonable judgement for right or wrong. I am not often impressed with people who rant, he reminded me of the militant tendency controlled council meetings I attended as an auditor of Liverpool City Council in the late 1980's and 1990's.

I can't believe the opening poster has put this up. What an absolute *$$ing load of nonsense.

I wouldn't blame MT & PH if they said 'tell you what, $$$k it, it isn't worth it' - I bet they don't though.

I browse these forums lately without commenting because we're all p***ed off, so it gets negative, but the likes of you Matt - well words fail me.

Then Jacko - who is one of the people on here who's posts I can believe - sums up the situation fairly well, but still, other 'thinkers' on here 'cherrypick' the bits they want.

I think I invented a new word reading this thread this morning 'A******INGMAZING'

Archived