onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Interim Board + PH and MT

Liquid Matt

Whilst I agree that Mike and Paul may well be on our side and against the current board you do have to question why they allowed the bullying and dictatorial leadership to continue for so long whilst they were in tenure? Being naive and not there 100% of the time is not an excuse as a Director for not having your say! They were directors and therefore liable to an extent without question.

That said at the end of the day they did eventually wise up and leave which at least shows integrity. Mike for me needs to be more vocal as last night for me he didn't quite cut it!

Mike may have not have been quite as vocal as Paul but they both have my full support.We need to all unite behind our interim board and remain positive.

Advert

Mike may have not have been quite as vocal as Paul but they both have my full support.We need to all unite behind our interim board and remain positive.

Totally agree.

Anyhow, it's obvious that when the Board gets in all of the key decisions will be made by Margaret Sinstadt :yes:

In fact, I reckon that she would be an excellent Chairperson in the short term :yes:

I want them digging into the books and the club, they dont all need to be PR style public speakers.

Whilst I agree that Mike and Paul may well be on our side and against the current board you do have to question why they allowed the bullying and dictatorial leadership to continue for so long whilst they were in tenure? Being naive and not there 100% of the time is not an excuse as a Director for not having your say! They were directors and therefore liable to an extent without question.

That said at the end of the day they did eventually wise up and leave which at least shows integrity. Mike for me needs to be more vocal as last night for me he didn't quite cut it!

It's some time ago so my memory may be a little jaded: back in December 2010 the 'Board was a mixture of people who, in my opinion, had more Port Vale time on their hands - i.e. Peter Jackson, Stan Meigh, Bill Bratt and Graham Mudie - compared to the remaining three who had full time jobs away from Vale Park that were so demanding they had to rely on the other four to keep them informed.

For me this was akin to a split Board leaving Paul et al to looking in as an outsider. More importantly I believe Paul fought strongly to keep the rest of the Board focused on the reality of running a football club.

MT and PH answered questions reasonably last night and provided explanations of how they were members of an ineffective and failing board which were plausible. In essence decisions at meetings were not implemented by the Chair and meetings were too infrequent. After allowing time for these sort of problems to resolve, and seeing the rejection out of hand of investment opportunities, they resigned. With hindsight they may have acted more assertively, but that is with hindsight.

As for the Paladini incident some guy on the floor had a rant about his investment proposals being rejected and was the rudest person there last night. Calling people liars caused the people accused to have to take calm down pills as they responded and hence they did not give the best answers, but in the end they explained why they rejected Paladini and I was left feeling - bacause I wasn't there and the facts are confidential - that the rejection of that investment was taken using reasonable judgement for right or wrong. I am not often impressed with people who rant, he reminded me of the militant tendency controlled council meetings I attended as an auditor of Liverpool City Council in the late 1980's and 1990's.

And the ranting guy, so I am led to believe, has not attend the Vale since this incident !!!! :yes:

Couldn't disagree more.

Yes, Paul and Mike were part of an unpopular board that was exposed as being self serving, but they both decided to resign in the face of having no say in boardroom matters as everything seemed to be controlled by Messrs Bratt and Jackson.

In Mike Thompstone's case he resigned after losing the show of hands vote at the 2010 AGM. He didn't need to do that as he won the poll vote by a large majority. But he did and outside was willing to give some insight into why.

Paul I feel resigned because he felt he did not have enough support on his side to effect change. Faced with the cartel of Jackson, Meigh, Bratt, Oliver and Mudie, he did the right thing for Port Vale. I can fully understand why he wanted out.

Both backed the movement for change at the last EGM. Both are backing it again and have offered their much needed assistance to the SC. I don't see this as a means to an end simply because they are exempt from the £50K rule. I see their experience of dealing with the old board as invaluable when it comes to assessing the state of the club should we be successful in gaining control.

I agree.Stop looking for non existing bogy men and recognise allies when they appear.We need all the help we can get at this time.

Totally agree.

Anyhow, it's obvious that when the Board gets in all of the key decisions will be made by Margaret Sinstadt :yes:

In fact, I reckon that she would be an excellent Chairperson in the short term :yes:

Top shout and it absolutely has to be Margaret as interim Chair given her expertise in commercial football management, any other decision would be strange.

:clap::clap::clap:

I wasnt being negative I was asking some simple questions.... Im not spreading rumours I am actually voicing an opinion over a forum, Is that not what a forum is there for ??

They blatantly lied and got caught out, isnt that enough to arouse suspicion. Sorry but from the past experience with the **** board including the two who will be representing us if we succeed at the EGM, we have the right to be suspicious about EVERYTHING!!! Time after time we got screwed over.

How do you know Geoff was;nt lying?

In fairness that's his choice as much as it is the choice of any stay away Vale fan's choice for whatever reason.

It doesn't really have any relevance to his rant and make him any less a fan.

Geoff had a stroke,not sure if that's the reason he doesn't go or go as often.He and his wife were/are massive Vale fans.

Geoff had a stroke,not sure if that's the reason he doesn't go or go as often.He and his wife were/are massive Vale fans.

Im sorry to hear that. Whether it is or it isn't the reason I'm surprised that posters are questioning his attending games when a large proportion aren't going for a variety of reasons.

It's absolutely his reason and people shouldn't even bring it up to be honest, it doesn't make him any less a Vale fan (not that I agree with his views on Paladini who I thought was a shark and certainly wouldn't have attracted the kind of investors to ST6 that he did to west London).

I would say geoff is not in the best of health, but saying that the falling out was unfortunate, at least paul had the grace to apoligise for his part in the exchange as I said last night the paldini affair is not relevent at this time

I did pick up of paul the fact that jackson and bratt were the main players on the board as far as investment went and probably on most things to be honest, he even said he had to rely on mudie for information so they were aware of things

I believe we broke the cartel last year we need to finish the job this year

Archived