• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about the government chuck a few quid at football - they’ve just given a huge wedge to the Arts. That would make any deal with the greedy bastards in the Prem irrelevant. Why not reduce the Prem t

For me, it's simple. £250m is roughly equivalent to what the PL pay out in parachute payments each year. Rather than shell out another £250m just cancel the parachute payment and distribute that cash

The League Cup is a useless competition and a waste of time, and has been for years IMO.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

How about the government chuck a few quid at football - they’ve just given a huge wedge to the Arts. That would make any deal with the greedy bastards in the Prem irrelevant. Why not reduce the Prem to 6 teams to give them more time to fanny about in Europe and China?  

I wonder if by chance that the bulk of the Arts money will stay in  London?

It's the government that won't let fans into grounds.  Surely they should be supporting the football industry in the same way they have supported so many others?  The furlough money was great but once the season restarted clubs were faced with full wage bills and no income.  Clubs have spent a fortune preparing their grounds to be covid safe then along comes Boris and Co saying you can't let anyone in.  If pubs, restaurants, some theatres and cinemas, shopping centres, planes and everywhere else are safe why aren't football grounds? 

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's the government that won't let fans into grounds.  Surely they should be supporting the football industry in the same way they have supported so many others?  The furlough money was great but once the season restarted clubs were faced with full wage bills and no income.  Clubs have spent a fortune preparing their grounds to be covid safe then along comes Boris and Co saying you can't let anyone in.  If pubs, restaurants, some theatres and cinemas, shopping centres, planes and everywhere else are safe why aren't football grounds? 

I completely agree but we can’t rely on them now. They don’t get football and it’s role in the community. I seriously think they think we can go on forever like this. I hope this gets some proper discussion going. If we had some security we know we have the right owners to steer us through this.

5 minutes ago, Richie D. said:

I completely agree but we can’t rely on them now. They don’t get football and it’s role in the community. I seriously think they think we can go on forever like this. I hope this gets some proper discussion going. If we had some security we know we have the right owners to steer us through this.

Oliver Dowden has been talking about reviewing the governance of football.  How would such a review leading to 6 clubs controlling the game be acceptable??

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Probably because the government think in their infinite (Ignorant) wisdom that ALL football clubs are capable of spending premier league salaries so therefore there's no need for their intervention.

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Oliver Dowden has been talking about reviewing the governance of football.  How would such a review leading to 6 clubs controlling the game be acceptable??

Clearly it wouldn’t but there seems to have been a lot of talking and precious little action. An emergency cash injection is needed to get the pyramid through. Then a plan for 25 years. Let’s hope this opening gambit sharpens their minds a bit. 

Copied from an Earlier text Jean.

Sounds like it will be on till about 10ish on 5live, the Orient owner still on. He's basically saying he knows how the Liverpool owner runs his NFL club as he lives near Boston. He goes on to say how Henry and the NFL love the community and want strong competition, in other words, if say Newcastle had a bidder, just because they might be a threat, Liverpool would vote to allow that owner, rather than veto because they might have more money. The only time they would veto is if owners like Smurf tried take over clubs.
Worth a listen on catch up if you get chance. Think Rick Parry on in a bit.

Just suppose Bill Gates with his billions decides to invest in the EPL by buying Crystal Palace.  The veto from the Big 6 would stop this happening because they do not want any club breaking into their closed shop.  Is that right??

I don't see how this deal will pass through the Premier League. It would be turkeys voting for Christmas.

It may end up being watered down and getting through however. Let's hope if that's the case then the good stuff is kept and just the big six veto style stuff is changed.

It was interesting to see the reaction of pundits and where their interests and friends come from. Not many willing to speak up for lower league clubs but they're very vocal in defending the interests of midtable Premier League clubs.

9 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

I notice Stoke are in favour Screenshot_20201013-131003_Chrome.jpeg

Bit surprised by that. I'd have thought they'd be delusional and themselves as a Premier League club in waiting

So while project blah had a number of flaws it at least gave the FL clubs a significant cash boost and got rid of the parachute payments.

What have we got now - a figure a fifth of that (some of it as loans) and presumably the parachute payments and all the financial instability they cause remain... 🤔