I’ve just read an article where Parrish at Palace has been quoted as saying,

Supermarkets don’t bailout corner shops and Deliveroo don’t bailout cafes.

What planet is this individual on and is he just trying to squeeze as much money out of the game whilst Palace are in the EPL, as they’re not a team that never flirts with relegation.

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about the government chuck a few quid at football - they’ve just given a huge wedge to the Arts. That would make any deal with the greedy bastards in the Prem irrelevant. Why not reduce the Prem t

For me, it's simple. £250m is roughly equivalent to what the PL pay out in parachute payments each year. Rather than shell out another £250m just cancel the parachute payment and distribute that cash

The League Cup is a useless competition and a waste of time, and has been for years IMO.

Posted Images

I cannot see any proposal for B teams down the pyramid in there. Stand to be corrected. I know there is so much more to think of but for me that is the red line because I believe that would be the beginning of the end in terms of meaningful competition.

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

What planet is this individual on and is he just trying to squeeze as much money out of the game whilst Palace are in the EPL, as they’re not a team that never flirts with relegation.

Sounds good to me.

Who are the winners from this? The "big six" and the lower levels of the EFL (i.e. us).

Who are the losers from this? The "yo yo clubs" who consider themselves too big for th Championship but have sod all chance of ever finding themselves in the Champions League.

And what have the likes of Crystal Palace and Burnley had to say about this crisis? They say "Big restaurants don't bail out small restaurants". hmm, yeah, I'm quite happy for those guys to get screwed over.

19 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

There was a response to that from someone, I can't remember who though... they said that supermarkets don't send young staff to corner shops to gain work experience nor do they buy staff from corner shops which could then be worth millions. However, the sheer selfishness and insular thinking of the Premier League fails to surprise me.

19 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

If the 'big six' break away again, I won't have a great deal of sympathy with the 'other 14'.

Teams like Palace are only making ridiculous sums of money because they're part of a collective tv deal. They're makeweights to form a league of 20. Very few people globally are buying TV subscriptions for the prospect of watching Crystal Palace. The invisible hand was always going to stick two fingers up at them sooner or later.

• Like 1

Just suppose Bill Gates with his billions decides to invest in the EPL by buying Crystal Palace.  The veto from the Big 6 would stop this happening because they do not want any club breaking into their closed shop.  Is that right??

40 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just suppose Bill Gates with his billions decides to invest in the EPL by buying Crystal Palace.  The veto from the Big 6 would stop this happening because they do not want any club breaking into their closed shop.  Is that right??

No that's not right. They would not veto Bill Gates buying Crystal Palace. Besides Crystal Palace are already owned by a group of billionaires. As are all but four Premier League clubs.

This plan is a power grab by the big six at the expense of the lesser lights of the Premier League, which would secure the financial future of the EFL.

If the other billionaires of the Premier League have a better plan to save the EFL then they are welcome to speak up. They have been pretty <ovf censored> silent on the subject until their slice of the Premier League pie has been put in danger. Now they want fans to go to bat for them and fight the big bad six? Nah, <ovf censored> 'em. They are welcome to join us in the EFL, which would probably not exist if it was up to them.

43 minutes ago, Wrex said:

No that's not right. They would not veto Bill Gates buying Crystal Palace. Besides Crystal Palace are already owned by a group of billionaires. As are all but four Premier League clubs.

This plan is a power grab by the big six at the expense of the lesser lights of the Premier League, which would secure the financial future of the EFL.

If the other billionaires of the Premier League have a better plan to save the EFL then they are welcome to speak up. They have been pretty <ovf censored> silent on the subject until their slice of the Premier League pie has been put in danger. Now they want fans to go to bat for them and fight the big bad six? Nah, <ovf censored> 'em. They are welcome to join us in the EFL, which would probably not exist if it was up to them.

Removing the increased control by the elite clubs and the plan is much more acceptable.  These clubs have too much power already - why should they have more?  Why should Spurs and Everton, who have never won the Premier League, be part of this elite whereas Leicester aren't?  Why should Southampton, who aren't in the top 10 in terms of Premier League points, be part of this elite?

32 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Removing the increased control by the elite clubs and the plan is much more acceptable.  These clubs have too much power already - why should they have more?  Why should Spurs and Everton, who have never won the Premier League, be part of this elite whereas Leicester aren't?  Why should Southampton, who aren't in the top 10 in terms of Premier League points, be part of this elite?

Its the US way of things, a small number of big teams with no promotion or relegation.  any attempt to break into the top 6 results in the top players of the challengers being bought up to weaken the challenge.   Crowds around 60,000 can only be sustained in the largest cities in any case.  a European super league beckons in spite of brexit , 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Because they have to win the vote from enough Premier League clubs under the current rules and this is the way they felt would best get it through. And if they are going on league titles then they'd have to invite Blackburn Rovers

Having heard the small print on Radio Stoke then I'm far more pessimistic on the outcome of this project. The 25% funding for the EFL comes after the £250 million bailout grant has been repaid and after the big six sell off some of their matches abroad and pocket the cash.

• Like 1

How about the government chuck a few quid at football - they’ve just given a huge wedge to the Arts. That would make any deal with the greedy bastards in the Prem irrelevant. Why not reduce the Prem to 6 teams to give them more time to fanny about in Europe and China?  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How about the government chuck a few quid at football - they’ve just given a huge wedge to the Arts. That would make any deal with the greedy bastards in the Prem irrelevant. Why not reduce the Prem to 6 teams to give them more time to fanny about in Europe and China?  

They all get enough freebies and hospitality out of football🤔

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Is it true that under this deal Tottenham would get £150million of backdated grant funding for their new stadium?

Wouldn't surprise me.  Why are Spuds in this elite group when they've never won the Prem yet Leicester aren't?