Senior Tory MP arrested

A senior Conservative MP in his 50s formerly a minister has been arrested on suspicion of rape. The chief whip refused to suspend this MP. This comes days after the Charlie Elphicke verdict. Disgraceful behaviour.

On 01/08/2020 at 23:50, ginge said:

A senior Conservative MP in his 50s formerly a minister has been arrested on suspicion of rape. The chief whip refused to suspend this MP. This comes days after the Charlie Elphicke verdict. Disgraceful behaviour.

Gavin Williamson held a list of 37 Tory MPs labelled as SexPests. Tories are either liars or perverts. Or both

On 01/08/2020 at 23:50, ginge said:

I suspect the decision not to suspend him is because it would immediately identify him. 

45 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I suspect the decision not to suspend him is because it would immediately identify him. 

I'm sure you are right. But it's odd how there appears to be one rule for some and another for others. I imagine if it happened to any of us on here (god forbid) we'd be immediately suspended from work while the investigation was carried out. None of us would be allowed to continue working pending the enquiry. Rightly or wrongly.

He'll probably end up in the House of Lords.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I agree with keeping them anonymous until guilty but the complaints weren't taken seriously by Mogg or Spencer at the time.

• Thanks 1

Disgraceful if guilty..... hoping it's someone seems a little strange.

From the scant information available it suggests the details are a little odd.... but who knows.

Has he/she been charged yet?

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It can’t be - he’s never been a minister, just a gob on legs. 

Depends if you count Minister of the Armed Forces. Other names trending are Liam Fox and Chris Grayling