onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

41 minutes ago, robf said:

If "from the North" is cryptic then Cameron Burgess was born in Aberdeen and was at Scunthorpe. Would he really fit our budget though or be too pricey?

McCartan and Burgess would be a great signal of intent in my opinion!

The only way I could see us in for McCartan is with a view to him playing in midfield. I think most of his games last year were as a left sided midfirld player. I'm sure we have probably spoken to him but I think he would have been an alternative to Rodney. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

The only way I could see us in for McCartan is with a view to him playing in midfield. I think most of his games last year were as a left sided midfirld player. I'm sure we have probably spoken to him but I think he would have been an alternative to Rodney. 

OK. What about an alternative to Jake Taylor perhaps - bringing some goals to midfield?

18 minutes ago, robf said:

OK. What about an alternative to Jake Taylor perhaps - bringing some goals to midfield?

That I could see. Partly depends on what the player (and Askey) see his future being. He got the attributes to make a success of that role.

1 hour ago, robf said:

If "from the North" is cryptic then Cameron Burgess was born in Aberdeen and was at Scunthorpe. Would he really fit our budget though or be too pricey?

McCartan and Burgess would be a great signal of intent in my opinion!

UV has since added that he doesn't know who the defender is... so that probably rules out Burgess.

Someone has posted a heart and he said "Yep" and someone else posted a gif of someone spreading Jam.

Someone else has put 2 and 2 together and said it could be someone from Hearts.... The JAMbos.

Defenders they have released include:

- Clevid Dikamona - 30 yrs old - French 6'2" - Played 11 games last year

- Jay Nwanze - 19 yrs old - Irish / Nigeria - No appearances

- Daniel Baur - 21 yr old - Scottish - 6'5" - 6 appearances for Scotland U19 - On loan to lower league Scottish football last year

- Alex Petkov - 20 yrs old - Bulgarian - 6'3" - On loan at Brechin city

I love football rumours.... I may be over thinking this.... hahahahaha

21 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I've been told today by a lad whose helping out with the food distribution that a center half from Motherwell was at the club on Monday being shown around apparently

I personally know next to nothing about Motherwell but the only players who seems to fit that description are:

Richard Tait who was released at the end of the season. 30 year-old who can play CB and RB and played for Cambridge and Grimsby before moving to Motherwell.

Adam Livingstone: 22 year old left-back (so seems unlikely if its a centre-back) was also released.

25 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I've been told today by a lad whose helping out with the food distribution that a center half from Motherwell was at the club on Monday being shown around apparently

Isn’t Foyley chief scout at Motherwell??

2 minutes ago, robf said:

I personally know next to nothing about Motherwell but the only players who seems to fit that description are:

Richard Tait who was released at the end of the season. 30 year-old who can play CB and RB and played for Cambridge and Grimsby before moving to Motherwell.

Adam Livingstone: 22 year old left-back (so seems unlikely if its a centre-back) was also released.

Tait has signed for St Mirren. 

29 minutes ago, dishydave said:

Other potentials are:

According to their website this fellow is out of contract:

Charles Dunne - 27 yrs old - 6'2" - Charles Dunne provides a pacy and assured option for the Steelmen both as a left-sided central defender and, on occasion, at left back.

Composed on the ball and an influential figure amongst his team mates, Dunne also has the accolade of being the club’s fastest player.

During a game with Edinburgh City in 2017, he was clocked at 22 mph, putting him amongst the speediest in the UK alongside Hector Bellerin, Marcus Rashford, Matt Phillips and Kyle Walker.

He has played for Wycombe, Blackpool, Crawley and Oldham in the past

And based on their released list

Peter Hartley - 32 yrs old - 6'2" former captain (Would also explain why UV on twitter said "Yup" to a picture of an orange heart.

47 minutes ago, dishydave said:

If true likely to be Peter Hartley.

49 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Other potentials are:

According to their website this fellow is out of contract:

Charles Dunne - 27 yrs old - 6'2" - Charles Dunne provides a pacy and assured option for the Steelmen both as a left-sided central defender and, on occasion, at left back.

Composed on the ball and an influential figure amongst his team mates, Dunne also has the accolade of being the club’s fastest player.

During a game with Edinburgh City in 2017, he was clocked at 22 mph, putting him amongst the speediest in the UK alongside Hector Bellerin, Marcus Rashford, Matt Phillips and Kyle Walker.

He has played for Wycombe, Blackpool, Crawley and Oldham in the past

And based on their released list

Peter Hartley - 32 yrs old - 6'2" former captain (Would also explain why UV on twitter said "Yup" to a picture of an orange heart.

Remember Charles Dunne at Wycombe he played in the promotion celebration game. If it's the right guy he had dreadlocks and a bit of a fiery attitude. Must of only been a kid then. 

Archived