Ale and the Vale Podcast

Advert:

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here.  1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid. 2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law. 3) I don't know how

I know some find Clarke a bit outspoken but he's spot on about the weaknesses in the squad. It is unbalanced. We've never had a midfield physical presence since Grant left and are soft centred. No rea

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale. By all means, stop listening but not sure wh

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Can't believe you've gotten stick for 1, having opinions on the Vale, and 2, having a national sports journalist on and obviously discussing wider football issues.

It's a good pod lads. 

Thanks Joe, we appreciate it. All good getting some negative feedback as well, can't win em all!

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

It’s good to get an extra voice on there, didn’t he say he’d been to Arsenal with his kids and father in law whos a fan of them? His knowledge of the Vale and the squad seemed fine to me though so I didn’t mind him at all. I must admit to missing the Man U reference though.

I think the one comment within that podcast that hit home was that this squad has been shaped around Pope, that is so true and we’ve struggled to find another way of playing without him and indeed a replacement for him. 

Cheers matey, I also thought he was decent guest as well. Yes the Arsenal reference was to do with his future father-in-law as opposed to him being an Arsenal fan. I must admit it's rare I go back and listen to our pods, but I don't remember Man U being brought up either. Bezza always listens so I'll see what he heard!

25 minutes ago, stupers said:

Hi Jeff,

Much appreciated. We like you too.

Thanks

Stuart

Good evening stupers,

One would like to take the time to wish you all the best over the festive period.

You and the the gentlemen have done a sterling job.

The podcast has taken over Tony Christie's Greatest Hits as one's most listened to audio on the old Spotify machine.

All the very best,

Jeff.

Edited by Jeff.
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 10:15, toyahw said:

I'm not having a Vale podcast with some cockney tit talking about Arse and Man U. End of. We hear quite enough about them.

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here. 

1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid.

2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law.

3) I don't know how on earth you got the impression that I'm a Man Utd fan. United weren't even mentioned - at any point. 

4) I've been supporting Vale for the best part of 25 years now. 

5) The Ale and Vale lads are doing a cracking job with the pod. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 9

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law.

3) I don't know how on earth you got the impression that I'm a Man Utd fan. United weren't even mentioned - at any point. 

I thought you came across well Alex and I enjoyed the pod. 

• Like 3

A Walsall preview!

We quickly see if anyone has changed their opinion from Tuesday night, talk social media and whether Vale should have a rethink on transfer policy. Then it's into a Walsall preview. They're doing better than us and they've hit form, but can we get a win? We've got a got a good tip from our sponsor 'InPlayMan' as well!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

The Walsall review!

No-holds barred chat after a defensive horror show from Vale. Positives in the game attacking-wise, but not enough to overshadow a terrible defensive performance. We talk about the game, Askey (again) and what this means for the season.

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Advert:

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale.

By all means, stop listening but not sure what giving it the big un and calling out the bits you don’t like achieves.

The irony of calling it self opinionated in a self opinionated post!

Tall poppy syndrome perhaps.

Keep up the amazing work lads... love the pod! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale.

By all means, stop listening but not sure what giving it the big un and calling out the bits you don’t like achieves.

The irony of calling it self opinionated in a self opinionated post!

Tall poppy syndrome perhaps.

Keep up the amazing work lads... love the pod! 

Imagine not liking a podcast because a guest has a different accent to yourself.

Absolute howler. Such a weird few posts.

On 17/12/2020 at 21:58, Alex said:

Fair enough mate. Sorry. Ill judged comment from myself. Tensions running high but no excuse.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I’ll say it again but losing makes for a spicy podcast. You can feel the frustration and the anger of the performances both collectively and individually. 

It's quite true. Bezza wasn't sure to start if recording straight after games was a good idea. If anything he's the one pushing it now!

I'm sad to see what a shambles we've become at the back. I love seeing good defensive performances, scoring a couple of goals and not giving the opponents a sniff is my idea of a perfect game. I'm sure people will disagree and say goals, goals, goals and that is certainly where the game is going in terms of entertainment. But there's just something to be said for utter domination at both ends of the pitch. I think the defence can be fixed with a central defender signing in January. I don't think things are that far gone that it's irretrievable to turn the defence around. Gibbo back too will help at some point, fear we have to stick with Mills until then.

• Like 1

Spot on Alex, i thought you were an excellent guest who offered a balanced and reasonable viewpoint

• Like 2

Advert:

Smallthorne dog about 5 or 6 posts above mine mentioned Clark with others 
Well Askey has benched him and then sent him back prior to the end of his loan period despite Gibbo still being injured and Zac Mills being in terrible form and costing us goals and points. That says to me, that there is something more going on.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stupers said:

It's quite true. Bezza wasn't sure to start if recording straight after games was a good idea. If anything he's the one pushing it now!

I'm sad to see what a shambles we've become at the back. I love seeing good defensive performances, scoring a couple of goals and not giving the opponents a sniff is my idea of a perfect game. I'm sure people will disagree and say goals, goals, goals and that is certainly where the game is going in terms of entertainment. But there's just something to be said for utter domination at both ends of the pitch. I think the defence can be fixed with a central defender signing in January. I don't think things are that far gone that it's irretrievable to turn the defence around. Gibbo back too will help at some point, fear we have to stick with Mills until then.

The emotion of football is what makes it so entertaining and capturing that after a game is IMO the best way to do it. Heard Bezza on radio stoke earlier too, he sounded a lot more calm than he did after the Walsall game 😃

It’s hard to put a finger on why players are making so many individual errors, but this seems to the worst in that regard for a long while. I don’t think we should pin too much expectation on Gibbo just yet, he’ll need to get up to speed, but that says a lot about how bad things are that we’re looking forward to him getting back. Equally I think getting Monty back to fitness is important too, just to give us a different option at left back or on the wing. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Here's our Barrow preview!

We check in and see what's happening with the lads and any further thoughts on the Walsall nightmare. Then it's a quick chat about Barrow, who have several ex-Valiants knocking about. It leads to a 'who was better, Scott Quigley or Richie Bennett?' Barrow look better than their position suggests, and they visit Vale on the back of a big win versus Cheltenham, so why does one of us think we'll batter them?!