onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Miller is still Chairman

Jacko51

I may have missed something, but I thought it was only announced that he was relinquishing his position as Chairman. Surely he cannot stand down as a director unless (i) someone decides for certain his election (along with PD's) was illegal and/or (ii) replacements are found?

In twoooooooooooo Tone........:yes:

Advert

I may have missed something, but I thought it was only announced that he was relinquishing his position as Chairman. Surely he cannot stand down as a director unless (i) someone decides for certain his election (along with PD's) was illegal and/or (ii) replacements are found?

Depends on the Articles, he could resign like Bratt for a consideration, out of shame, or failure to attend meetings? A director is usually elected for three years at an AGM, I am not sure about directors elected by ballot, it may have to be confirmed at the next AGM. The EGM will see the end of him for sure. The other factor is maintaining the quorum of 4, how important that really is at the Vale who knows?

Tone, my point was that you said he was in the USA and possibly wouldn't come back. In those circumstances surely his role as a director is untenable? Secondly, with regard to finding a replacement, why is this necessary? The Board only needs to be quorate if it is actually going to do something and it has done bugger all of note for some considerable time now.

Tone, my point was that you said he was in the USA and possibly wouldn't come back. In those circumstances surely his role as a director is untenable? Secondly, with regard to finding a replacement, why is this necessary? The Board only needs to be quorate if it is actually going to do something and it has done bugger all of note for some considerable time now.

I don't think you will find me arguing too much with that. The only thing is, if something isn't done, the board will be superseded by an administrator.

Just because there isnt a ready made replacement doesnt mean someone cant be removed or resign as a director. It is up to the rest to replace him.

Just because there isnt a ready made replacement doesnt mean someone cant be removed or resign as a director. It is up to the rest to replace him.

As has been said,if there any board meetings now, no resolutions can be passed as Miller is in the USA.We have an inquorate board at the moment.The scary thing is only 3 directors were present when Miller was voted out of the chairmanship.Miller to take legal action ?Maybe not.What happens if someone croaks ,do we automatically become inquorate?:unsure:

Mr lloyd claimed Miller acted alone, not in consultation with the board and they would not have been in favour of re-mortgaging the ground. The council have said the new loan put the club at great risk and they could have called the loan in with the likely result being administration. As a result they voted and removed him from the newly created paid role of chairman, they clearly were of the opinion he had acted wrongly.

With that in mind I'd be interested to know what legal action Lloyd and the other directors are now pursuing on behalf of the company and shareholders against Miller considering the above and if Lloyd isn't doing anything then surely, once again he's failing in his duties.

As has been said,if there any board meetings now, no resolutions can be passed as Miller is in the USA.We have an inquorate board at the moment.The scary thing is only 3 directors were present when Miller was voted out of the chairmanship.Miller to take legal action ?Maybe not.What happens if someone croaks ,do we automatically become inquorate?:unsure:

I expect that we still have a quorate board as he would just dial into any meetings from which ever fast food outlet he was attending at that time. He doesn't have to attend in person and he does have a vote.

Why do people seem to think the board cannot function because they are not a quorate due to Mr Miller being in the US of A ?

Can he not 'attend' board meetings via video link ?, can important documents not be faxed to him for signing if the Pony Express takes too long ?

Of course, wether the 3 remaining board members can indeed communicate with Mr. Miller does it really matter ?, do we really believe that throughout the reign of V2001 we have ALWAYS had at least 4 Director's making rules and attending meetings?

'For us all'......

I expect that we still have a quorate board as he would just dial into any meetings from which ever fast food outlet he was attending at that time. He doesn't have to attend in person and he does have a vote.

I suppose it depends what it says in the A of A,whether resolutions can get passed without all 4 available to be consulted?

I suppose it depends what it says in the A of A,whether resolutions can get passed without all 4 available to be consulted?

Ahhhh, so therefore he is still (at the very least) in contact with the board.

According to Lloyd's version of events I believe is guilty of gross misconduct yet he hasn't been sacked. Perhaps he has something on them which protects his position?

Ahhhh, so therefore he is still (at the very least) in contact with the board.

According to Lloyd's version of events I believe is guilty of gross misconduct yet he hasn't been sacked. Perhaps he has something on them which protects his position?

IMO I don't think we'll hear from Miller again,but as you say he may have something on them .I seriously dread to think what they've got themselves into and are trying to hide.:(

Archived