onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The club they deserve?

SuperValiant1876

Mike Newton debacle should have set alarm bells ringing, if not then the shocking handling of Mo's bid should have had people terrified

Given that Mike was insistant he bring in Graham Shaw as CEO, and after what Stockport fans have said about Shaw, i'm quite glad he wasn't really given the time of day.

Advert

Not spot on, compelte garbage, actually.

And I didn't post for months after I first registered so that is incorrect as well.

It must have been nothing more than pure coincidence then was it.

Being as you said that you had done some psychology then people could be forgiven for thinking you were playing mind game's or being sarcastic. ;)

Good debate this.

I sometimes wish I had only gone and watched the football and not become involved in the politics of the club,it would have been so much easier.I have always been very ambitious and hoped that the Vale,my football club,were the same.Followed them for over fifty years and there's always been hope of progressing either in the league or in one of the cups.Once I realised what was going on

behind the scenes a few years ago under V2001,it became quite clear to me that we we going nowhere with the people in charge.In other words they cared more about themselves than they did about PVFC.I decided to withdraw my support at the end of last season to prevent my money falling into the wrong hands.Long term gain is my objective and I sincerely hope "I get the club I deserve".It's down to the individual at the end of the day,some are more passionate than others.Some fans just want to want to watch the football no matter what,some will protest,pay at the turnstile and then protest again and some will just walk away until things improve.The customer is always right and I'm sure the majority of Vale fans care enough to see through this current board.

It must have been nothing more than pure coincidence then was it.

Being as you said that you had done some psychology then people could be forgiven for thinking you were playing mind game's or being sarcastic. ;)

I did start posting as a joke.

I told my friend that I could get someone to seriously believe I was a member of the board without actually posting anything positive about them. That is why I started posting.

The username was also tongue in cheek and if anything can only serve as a compliment to TLB. I have publically asked him if he has a problem with my username and would be happy to change it if he did have a problem.

I think you raise an interesting and overdue discussion point there.

I've been going for over 40 years, brought my son for over 14 years and daughters at various times. As a shareholder, I took the day off work and voted against the board at the EGM and I've done the red card thing the other week.

Am I a passionate fan for whom it's life or death....... no!

I also have various family responsibilities in life and troubles. I have a stressful job to hold down. I'm very clear that I go to Vale for recreation and that I'm entitled to keep doing so in that spirit.

I read this forum frequently and to use some people's somewhat patronising terminology I have been “educated”. I agree with the protests, I'm genuinely grateful that people with more passion than me (and maybe more time) are trying to get the club out of a serious situation AND I will not be joining protests. That's not because I don't agree or realise the seriousness of the situation, it's because hand on heart Vale aren't important enough to me to invest as much emotional and physical effort as some on here have.

I understand that in times of war emotions are high and opinions hard line but with respect, I think I'm probably part of a quiet majority here and that's a fanbase that hardliners might want to think about not alienating. Perjorative expressions like “happy clapper” and “burying your head in the sand” are a real turn off, frankly.

Good post ,alot of people feel this way. I am a season ticket holder who is almost forgetting there is a football match involved and cant wait until that is all we discuss, the football on the pitch.

The only people I have a problem with are the ones opposed to protesting, and the ones who will not listen and say lets wait and see. Most people are quite happy for others to force the issue, for various reasons, such as time, family life, personality etc. , or apathy. On Monday I was ranted at "Youre a militant, the sort that sends offal through the post", just for wearing a B&G scarf. I of course tried to make the case against the board, but in vain.

Archived