onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The club they deserve?

SuperValiant1876

What does this even mean? I know people who have been going for 40 years but won't protest because they only go to enjoy a day out at football. What sort of club do they deserve?

I know people that go to the odd game and won't protest but still love Vale. What club do they deserve?

Why is it the ones who are in attendance at the game but not the protests who will "get the club they deserve"?

Advert

What does this even mean? I know people who have been going for 40 years but won't protest because they only go to enjoy a day out at football. What sort of club do they deserve?

I know people that go to the odd game and won't protest but still love Vale. What club do they deserve?

Why is it the ones who are in attendance at the game but not the protests who will "get the club they deserve"?

Life is such.

You cannot make somebody do something they are not interested in doing. So why worry about it?

Its a nonsense saying and easy throw away comment.

I think you raise an interesting and overdue discussion point there.

I've been going for over 40 years, brought my son for over 14 years and daughters at various times. As a shareholder, I took the day off work and voted against the board at the EGM and I've done the red card thing the other week.

Am I a passionate fan for whom it's life or death....... no!

I also have various family responsibilities in life and troubles. I have a stressful job to hold down. I'm very clear that I go to Vale for recreation and that I'm entitled to keep doing so in that spirit.

I read this forum frequently and to use some people's somewhat patronising terminology I have been “educated”. I agree with the protests, I'm genuinely grateful that people with more passion than me (and maybe more time) are trying to get the club out of a serious situation AND I will not be joining protests. That's not because I don't agree or realise the seriousness of the situation, it's because hand on heart Vale aren't important enough to me to invest as much emotional and physical effort as some on here have.

I understand that in times of war emotions are high and opinions hard line but with respect, I think I'm probably part of a quiet majority here and that's a fanbase that hardliners might want to think about not alienating. Perjorative expressions like “happy clapper” and “burying your head in the sand” are a real turn off, frankly.

I think you raise an interesting and overdue discussion point there.

I've been going for over 40 years, brought my son for over 14 years and daughters at various times. As a shareholder, I took the day off work and voted against the board at the EGM and I've done the red card thing the other week.

Am I a passionate fan for whom it's life or death....... no!

I also have various family responsibilities in life and troubles. I have a stressful job to hold down. I'm very clear that I go to Vale for recreation and that I'm entitled to keep doing so in that spirit.

I read this forum frequently and to use some people's somewhat patronising terminology I have been “educated”. I agree with the protests, I'm genuinely grateful that people with more passion than me (and maybe more time) are trying to get the club out of a serious situation AND I will not be joining protests. That's not because I don't agree or realise the seriousness of the situation, it's because hand on heart Vale aren't important enough to me to invest as much emotional and physical effort as some on here have.

I understand that in times of war emotions are high and opinions hard line but with respect, I think I'm probably part of a quiet majority here and that's a fanbase that hardliners might want to think about not alienating. Perjorative expressions like “happy clapper” and “burying your head in the sand” are a real turn off, frankly.

You are Fully entitled to feel that way as no doubt a lot of others do as well, not a problem with me. The problem I have is with the fans the sort of which Old sage and i encountered yesterday. When asked if he thought the RW proxy should be used to call an egm, simple yes or no answer, he went on to call Sage a troublemaker, questioned how many members the SC had and abused other people around him who voted on the question. When he was politely asked what he thought of the current situation he walked away. He was pig ignorant, rude, abusive and brain dead. If the club is wound up and ceases to be, "fans" like him will have git the team they deserve.

You are Fully entitled to feel that way as no doubt a lot of others do as well, not a problem with me. The problem I have is with the fans the sort of which Old sage and i encountered yesterday. When asked if he thought the RW proxy should be used to call an egm, simple yes or no answer, he went on to call Sage a troublemaker, questioned how many members the SC had and abused other people around him who voted on the question. When he was politely asked what he thought of the current situation he walked away. He was pig ignorant, rude, abusive and brain dead. If the club is wound up and ceases to be, "fans" like him will have git the team they deserve.

It's obvious the person in question takes a different viewpoint (rightly or wrongly) than yourselves. In your opinion this makes him braindead. (that's for another discussion) Even so nobody deserves a club they love to be wound up. The phrase is so wrong and makes anyone using it look like an arrogant fool.

If they sit there moaning about the standard of players we have and moaning how much they hate the board, but wont do anything about it. They deserve the club they have now.

If they genuinely just go and watch the football and go home without a care in the world, then so be it. I wish I could!

It's obvious the person in question takes a different viewpoint (rightly or wrongly) than yourselves. In your opinion this makes him braindead. (that's for another discussion) Even so nobody deserves a club they love to be wound up. The phrase is so wrong and makes anyone using it look like an arrogant fool.

The answers to the question(s) were YES, NO or DON'T KNOW. If as you say he takes a different viewpoint why not just answer NO?

If they sit there moaning about the standard of players we have and moaning how much they hate the board, but wont do anything about it. They deserve the club they have now.

If they genuinely just go and watch the football and go home without a care in the world, then so be it. I wish I could!

You say that like it's unlikely but I would guess over half of our fans do just go for the footy. I would guess that Vale fans that do just go for the football do not even frequent this site.

The only arrogant fool in the discussion with the said gentleman, was him. He could dish out abuse with no facts to back it up, so a fairly worthless opinion, but when asked politely why he still felt like that he walked away. I have plenty of time for people with an alternative viewpoint if they can back it up with reasons and fact, this person couldn't and is indicative of a fair number of fans who can bang their gums without first engaging their brains.

I appreciate, that. The guy was out of order. In terms of the protests, however, from my experience last season even as someone who supports the protests in principle, I'd have to say that anti-protesters don't have a monopoly on intimidatory or coercive behaviour.

I appreciate, that. The guy was out of order. In terms of the protests, however, from my experience last season even as someone who supports the protests in principle, I'd have to say that anti-protesters don't have a monopoly on intimidatory or coercive behaviour.

As with any protests, at some point frustrations may make people react in a way that is out of character or not what's really needed. On the whole protests have been peaceful, a fact backed up by The Police, stewards and Bill Lodey who is responsible for ground safety. Yesterday even whilst this altercation was being sorted, a woman thought it neccesary to start having a go and blame protesters saying "there are f****** kids present", the irony was lost on her!

The only arrogant fool in the discussion with the said gentleman, was him. He could dish out abuse with no facts to back it up, so a fairly worthless opinion, but when asked politely why he still felt like that he walked away. I have plenty of time for people with an alternative viewpoint if they can back it up with reasons and fact, this person couldn't and is indicative of a fair number of fans who can bang their gums without first engaging their brains.

Apologies Tim, fair enough. Perhaps he had had a few pre-match?

The main point noone is in a position to blame fans for this and nobody deserves this club at the minute, apart from the board. Keep the focus on them, it is 100% their fault and 0% any fans whatever their stances fault.

Archived