onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The club they deserve?

SuperValiant1876

Blaming people who do not protest is daft, blaming people who do not find out info, ignore whats in front of them and support the board most certainly is not daft.

Turning up and shouting and some bricks and glass did not and will not bring about the change we want

Ant, Its about a whole package of actions to bring about change. No one single action will.

The issue is that everyone sees themselves as an individual and says what can I do, what's the point

Are you seriously saying that 1,000 outside that main entrance after every single home match for half an hour signging will have no effect? Really?

just imagine that, the massive pressure that puts individuals under, the massive media exposure and that's just from 25% of the attendance.

It may not single handedly get rid, but it all adds up. Does no one else see that?

Right now all I hear is what can I do, that won't make a difference, whats the point, its too late. If everyone with anyone of those views stayed behind to protest at the next match it would be a massive protest and it would keep chipping away at them. Just imagine all those that marched packed in to the lorne street car park, what a sight that would be and all with the aim of removing the board

:doh:

Advert

Ant, Its about a whole package of actions to bring about change. No one single action will.

The issue is that everyone sees themselves as an individual and says what can I do, what's the point

Are you seriously saying that 1,000 outside that main entrance after every single home match for half an hour signging will have no effect? Really?

just imagine that, the massive pressure that puts individuals under, the massive media exposure and that's just from 25% of the attendance.

It may not single handedly get rid, but it all adds up. Does no one else see that?

Right now all I hear is what can I do, that won't make a difference, whats the point, its too late. If everyone with anyone of those views stayed behind to protest at the next match it would be a massive protest and it would keep chipping away at them. Just imagine all those that marched packed in to the lorne street car park, what a sight that would be and all with the aim of removing the board

:doh:

Gary

I protested, I have been there done it, not enough did, not enough will.

The red card protest was very good, I just dont think screaming at the entrance achieved enough, actually I think it alienated the very fans we need on our side.

The previous thick skinned ****ers and the new think skinned ****ers will not be swayed by a protest outside the main entrance, just my opinion.

Those that are doing **** all other than watching this dog**** football in this dog**** league week in week out are pathetic.

Ever heard of the book "how to win friends and influence people"? I think you should read it.

Your comment makes me sick. You are calling loyal Port Vale supports pathetic for daring to support their team?

How about my Granddad? He's 80, having treatment for cancer. Has been told he shouldn't really leave the house because of a risk of catching something due his lowered immune system, but can't bare to miss the Vale so turns up each week regardless. he goes straight to the game, watches it and goes straight home to his warm house. And you have the nerve to say he is pathetic?!! :bomb:

It is people such as you, with comments such as that, that actually put a lot of people off joining in any protests.

In my opinion....

There is a vociferous group of people who early on started abusing people for not automatically turning against the board. They called the board liars, cheats, **** bags without actually providing a shred of actual bona fide evidence, which they claimed to have.

It certainly wound me up.

Eventually when evidence comes to light that shows we must get rid of these people as soon as possible or face very serious consequences (In fairness, consequences that are far beyond what I could have imagined) the same people took more pleasure in saying "I told you so" than they took in finally looking at a united fan base who can work as one to get the club back on track (after the parasites are removed)

I've said before that SEO did more damage than good, as it created a massive divide, even in the people who wanted change at board room level.

Maybe its a case, rightly or wrongly, of the original protesters have got the protests that they deserve. But I certainly take massive offence when people assume that because I am not throwing flairs and storming the club offices 5 days a week I am not a loyal fan, or that I deserve to follow a team that is potentially circling the drain.

I don't protest after the games. This is for multiple very good reasons. It does not mean however that I want the board removed any less than anyone else, in my opinion.

There is a vociferous group of people who early on started abusing people for not automatically turning against the board. They called the board liars, cheats, **** bags without actually providing a shred of actual bona fide evidence, which they claimed to have

I didnt suffer any abuse

Any one left supporting the old board seriously needed sectioning though

Just my opinion

Those that are doing **** all other than watching this dog**** football in this dog**** league week in week out are pathetic.

Ever heard of the book "how to win friends and influence people"? I think you should read it.

Your comment makes me sick. You are calling loyal Port Vale supports pathetic for daring to support their team?

How about my Granddad? He's 80, having treatment for cancer. Has been told he shouldn't really leave the house because of a risk of catching something due his lowered immune system, but can't bare to miss the Vale so turns up each week regardless. he goes straight to the game, watches it and goes straight home to his warm house. And you have the nerve to say he is pathetic?!! :bomb:

It is people such as you, with comments such as that, that actually put a lot of people off joining in any protests.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think you struggle to comprehend that some people really do go just for football. If we go bust they will go and watch someone else.

You only have to look at Stokes attendances now they are in the Prem. Do you think if Stoke were on the brink of going bust any of their new fans that have appeared since they were promoted would stand and fight for their club?

If such people only go watch the football,are not bothered about the political side of the club.Then why shout out and hurl abuse at people protesting?

I didnt suffer any abuse

Any one left supporting the old board seriously needed sectioning though

Just my opinion

At what point?

A lot of the stick the board got early on in my mind was completely unreasonable, this is because I like to give people a fair chance and until I see facts in front of me then I wont decide that someone is guilty.

I have no doubt that the facts did exist, but it was a small but vociferous group that held them and so it took ages before the "normal" fan who isn't in the know with these things actually had the chance to decide for themselves where they stood on the matter. Anything before that just drove the wedge further and further between those that had decided the board were rotten, and those that hadn't, at that time.

Further more, when those that did eventually decide that yes, the board are disgusting the overwhelming attitude was "I told you so!" which is pretty stupid as well.

I do know that a lot of early protestors were in possession of the information, and that they weren't patronising or rude or anything else, it's a shame that they were overshadowed by a few morons.

At what point?

A lot of the stick the board got early on in my mind was completely unreasonable, this is because I like to give people a fair chance and until I see facts in front of me then I wont decide that someone is guilty.

I have no doubt that the facts did exist, but it was a small but vociferous group that held them and so it took ages before the "normal" fan who isn't in the know with these things actually had the chance to decide for themselves where they stood on the matter. Anything before that just drove the wedge further and further between those that had decided the board were rotten, and those that hadn't, at that time.

Further more, when those that did eventually decide that yes, the board are disgusting the overwhelming attitude was "I told you so!" which is pretty stupid as well.

I do know that a lot of early protestors were in possession of the information, and that they weren't patronising or rude or anything else, it's a shame that they were overshadowed by a few morons.

at what point ?

from 2003 till 2010 ish

i enjoyed healthy debate, people knew me, i was happy to share a pint and different views and never hid behind my keyboard

any one supporting the board after the MN affair were a bit daft in my opinion

At what point?

Well, when you have a username that was clearly chosen to wind up the pro-change movement and one poster in particular, what do you expect. You ridiculed Mo, his bid, TLB and anyone who was anti V2001, and now you want me to say well done for finally opening your eyes. Weapon!

at what point ?

from 2003 till 2010 ish

i enjoyed healthy debate, people knew me, i was happy to share a pint and different views and never hid behind my keyboard

any one supporting the board after the MN affair were a bit daft in my opinion

I think we're getting away from the topic a bit. But at what point do you think the reasonable fan who has no inside contacts or knowledge other than that they read (unsourced) on fan sites, or in the press be informed enough to decide that the board need sacking immediately.

And to be fair Tisdeano I have always found your posts very reasonable, I want to stress that it was a minority of loud people that alienated me, and I can't speak for other people but I can easily imagine that people felt the same at the time.

The important thing now is to unite. I will happily join protests where and when I choose, and my choice is not to protest after the game by the lorne street.

Well, when you have a username that was clearly chosen to wind up the pro-change movement and one poster in particular, what do you expect. You ridiculed Mo, his bid, TLB and anyone who was anti V2001, and now you want me to say well done for finally opening your eyes. Weapon!

Absolutely RIDICULOUS post that can't be further from the truth.

My username was not chosen to wind up anyone.

I have never ridiculed Mo, his bid, or TLB.

And I don't want credit, I'm saying whats the point in being a ***** about it when people actually decide they want to protest. For whatever reason. I'm saying that protests would be much more effective and popular if the attitude of the deciples was different.

you have a username that was clearly chosen to wind up the pro-change movement and one poster in particular, what do you expect. You ridiculed Mo, his bid, TLB and anyone who was anti V2001

Spot on and this was spotted straight away when first registered.

But at what point do you think the reasonable fan who has no inside contacts or knowledge other than that they read (unsourced) on fan sites, or in the press be informed enough to decide that the board need sacking immediately.

Mike Newton debacle should have set alarm bells ringing, if not then the shocking handling of Mo's bid should have had people terrified

Archived