onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Racism in our political parties.

mr.hobblesworth

Meanwhile, I'm so glad I used the ignore button.

You've chosen to ignore content by geosname. Options 

Advert

Labour activists are to hold a vote of no-confidence in Jewish MP Dame Louise Ellman in her Liverpool Riverside constituency on Tuesday.Apparently,she has been critical of Corbyn.

The vote will take place on the the most sacred night of her religion's calendar on the eve of Yom Kippur.

9 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

You are a bit thick.

I have said you apologise for racists.

I have said that telling racist jokes is racist because it is, end of.  You didnt say you tell racist jokes though and I didnt say you did either but your response is very telling.

Ok not man enough to stand by your snide and disgusting implications.

Stop this gross and offensive behaviour then if you are not going to stand by it. You are weak. 

5 hours ago, For Us All said:

Labour activists are to hold a vote of no-confidence in Jewish MP Dame Louise Ellman in her Liverpool Riverside constituency on Tuesday.Apparently,she has been critical of Corbyn.

The vote will take place on the the most sacred night of her religion's calendar on the eve of Yom Kippur.

Ive nit really got time for religion, but if that is timed to limit her ability to defend herself then that is disgraceful. 

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Iimplications?  LMFAO!

you are really quite a dense individual arent you.  You have got offended at your own assumption and got yourself all in a tizzy.  

I have not said you are racist, I have said you apologise for them which is very clear for everyone to see as you dont think telling a racist joke is racist...

what a plank.

You are a bully. Nothing more too it.

You have spent the last 2 weeks skiritng round the subject. Now you are lying because I've shown you up for what you are.

Stop lying, stop abusing people. I've told you 20 times. Weakness.

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

So RB.  You say that telling a racist joke isnt racist.  If you dont tell racist jokes I am not sure why you would need to defend people that do.  Let's assume however that you dont as I dont know if you do or not.

Are you racist?  I have not seen you post anything racist.

Are you apologising for racists?  Stating that telling a racist joke does not necessarily mean they are racist is most definitely apologising for racists.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion about what does and does not constitute racism, however your opinion on this is not the popular opinion, which again is fine, except you seem to believe that the popular opinion should be followed on Brexit come what may so it seems that in fact your stance has nothing to do with popular opinion or democracy at all.  In fact it's based purely on your own opinion alone, which again is great and something you are perfectly entitled to do.  It just feels very disingenuous to argue that democracy is at risk when really your motivation is purely what you actually want personally.  This is also true of almost every brexiteer trying to position themselves as the last bastions, the protectors of democracy.

Wow, this is one of the most illogical and poor posts I've ever seen online.

1st part - I'm not a muslim but I would defend the right to practice Islam. (And FYI that does not make me an islamic extremsism apologist either).

2nd part - What on earth are you trying to do here? Somehow not being racist is the unpopular opinion, and because i hold an unpopular opinion (I don't) it contradicts my view (and the fact) that not delivering brexit would be anti democratic?

Put the bottle down. Take a break from the forum.

I’m more open to comedians right to mock things than any other group. They hold a mirror up to society sometimes, and without a bit of controversy we’d have lost some amazing comedy. Brass eye and life of Brian for example. Satire in general. Rocky gervais last stand up courted controversy with his trans jokes. He’s openly said that everything should be available to be mocked.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/mar/14/ricky-gervais-transgender-jokes-caitlyn-jenner-transphobia

I do think that certain sections of society should be held to a higher standard, such as politicians. I don’t think comedy needs to have the same standards. For example, Charlie hebdo. 

56 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

You would defend anybody's right to tell a racist joke would you?

Ok for someone to tell Jokes about the holocaust then or slavery etc....  oh dear Geo.

62% of uk public deem telling racist jokes to be racist.  

It is possible to satire racial issues without actual making a racist joke.  The more intelligent comedians and writers have done this with great success.

Yes I would defend the right of free speech. I also oppose forced speech.

On 04/10/2019 at 07:48, Nofinikea said:

Do not drink <ovf censored>.

You obviously struggle with every day English and straight forward logic.

1) what are you on about?  You would defend the right of Muslims to practice Islam?  Ok...I wasnt aware anybody here was trying to say they shouldn't.  Your comment about extremism (un prompted and from thin air) is odd.  In my experience somebody who denies something they haven't been accused of are often hiding something.

2) stop sniffing glue.  62% of people deem telling a racist joke to be racist.  Ok so far? Ergo, the popular opinion is that being racist is wrong.  Still following this extremely complicated analogy?  Ok, you are part of the minority who think it's ok to tell a racist joke and think it's ok to proffer that opinion.  Is that simple enough for you?  

Ok, 48% of people who voted didnt want to leave the EU.  You were part of the 52% that did.  Agreed?  You think the 48% should just shut up and accept the "popular" opinion?  As such you dont actually respect popular opinion at all, you only respect your own opinion.

Now I can't make it any more straight forward for you.  If you still cant follow it, pop down to your local primary school and ask one of the 5 year olds to explain it to you.

Haha wow.

I've only just seen this horror show.

I was right, it was a complete train wreck of a post. You not only misquoted me, you then twisted that misquote and then misunderstood it for good measure!

Why don't you stop the lies?

On 04/10/2019 at 07:55, Nofinikea said:

Satiring racists and racial prejudice is fine.  It pokes fun at the racists.

Telling racist jokes, absolutely not ok without exception.

Anybody in the public eye holds influence and should adhere to the highest standards.  Comedians reach larger audiences than and politician ever does.

Racism is not ok under any guise or circumstance.  

You will have to explain the Charlie Hebdo example because I am not sure what you are driving at with it?

The problem is with dishonest people, they will invent racism so that they can use it with a stick to beat people with. Such as yourself and the Diane Abbott stuff.

If you dare to point out that something is not racist (or even POSSIBLY not racist) you are instead called an "apologist".

This thread is a classic example. I say "telling a racist joke does not NECESSARILY mean that you are a racist."

Dishonest people will twist that into me somehow saying "Racist jokes are not racist" which is not true and not what I said or clearly meant.

I'll leave you with one cold hard fact. If something is not racist then it is not possible for one to be apologising for racism whilst defending it. 

<ovf censored> this disgusting vicious government.

Furaha Asani, a young academic at Leicester University, was shocked when her visa application was rejected in August. But real fear set in when she realised Britain plans to deport her in three weeks’ time to the Democratic Republic of Congo – a war-torn country she has never visited and where the Home Office agrees sexual violence is pervasive.

Dr Asani came to the UK on a full scholarship to do a PhD on infection and immunity at Sheffield University, and has since been undertaking cardiovascular research at Leicester University. Her father was from the DRC, but fled in 1968 because as a student activist, his life was at risk. Asani grew up in Nigeria. Although she has a Congolese passport, she has never been to the DRC, which has one of the worst human rights records in the world. She does not speak the main language and knows no one there...

...“They said that because I have lived in Nigeria I will have no trouble establishing a life in the DRC,” Asani says. “That seems incredibly ignorant. For a start, unlike Nigeria, which was a British colony, they speak French, and I only speak English. I don’t know how I would find somewhere to stay, let alone get a job. I don’t know anyone there. How would I even ask for help if I needed it?”

Asani does not have the option of returning to Nigeria as her family was on a temporary residence permit there, which they had to renew each year. When she visits her mother, a dental surgeon in Nigeria, she now has to apply for a visitor’s visa. The Nigerian embassy has made it clear they intend to refuse her most recent application for a visitor’s permit, in part because they are concerned about her UK visa running out. “The UK government says they don’t believe this, but I sent them extensive documentary evidence proving it,” she says...

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/oct/15/uk-deport-academic-to-democratic-republic-of-congo-never-visited-sexual-violence

Archived