onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Racism in our political parties.

mr.hobblesworth

Funny though, I don’t see people manically defending racism here when it’s not done by a right wing politician. I’m finding it hard to keep up. Nothings racist a while back. You could be at a white supremecist March with nazis and the kkk and not be racist not long ago.  Refuse to rent to black people too. Tell people to ‘go back’ etc. Definitely not racist. Now we are back to being anti racist flag bearers. Funny that.

Advert

20 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Now dont get me wrong, this Canada guy is bang to rights.  It will hound him and finish him and rightly so.

However, to pretend Trump isnt racist is akin to pretending the tooth fairy exists.

Yeah they went there already on the trump thread. 

4 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Funny though, I don’t see people manically defending racism here when it’s not done by a right wing politician. I’m finding it hard to keep up. Nothings racist a while back. You could be at a white supremecist March with nazis and the kkk and not be racist not long ago.  Refuse to rent to black people too. Tell people to ‘go back’ etc. Definitely not racist. Now we are back to being anti racist flag bearers. Funny that.

I mean I posted a joke. I don't actually think Trudeau is a racist person even if he has done something which is racist, in his past. People who tell racist jokes are not neccessarily racist. People who laugh at them likewise. It depends on context, intent and personal beliefs.

The opposite to your post is also true though, where is the complete meltdown and outrage at Trudeau? As posted above it is bang to rights. This is a far greater standard of proof of racist behaviour than anything you have on Trump yet I don't think you can honestly say that you will lump Trudeau in with Trump as the kings of the racists?

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Racists often claim to be patriotic.  They also talk about "truth" and "telling it like it is".  Another good one is referring to people calling them out as "part of the PC brigade"...

Racism has deep roots in right wing politics, that's not even up for debate.  Currently both the UK and USA are under the control of right wing governments.  This gives rise to people with racist tendencies to excuse and defend racistsacts and words, often under the pretence of patriotic nationalism.

We are in dangerous times.  Racism is creeping back into society, football etc...  that's simply because of the current political agenda and the immigration blame game.  

Lines drawn by man on a map, that's all that separates one race from another.  Just think about that, lines on a map.

Likewise with vicious and rampant anti-semitism on the left.

7 hours ago, Andyregs said:

It’s funny how trump supporters like him ‘because he tells it like it is...he speaks the truth’, and then he says something stupid or racist and he ‘didn’t mean it Lomé that’ or ‘he was joking’. 

I’ll tell you what’s funny. You sitting in Brexitland and trying to tell Americans what their country is like and how it should be run. That’s f in hilarious , that is. 

11 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I’ll tell you what’s funny. You sitting in Brexitland and trying to tell Americans what their country is like and how it should be run. That’s f in hilarious , that is. 

It seems politics on either side of the water is dubious to say the least. It's the end result that matters most to the people, or at least the effect of the end result.

On 30/09/2019 at 13:33, Nofinikea said:

Err no, no it really doesnt.  Telling a racist joke is most definitely racist.  Laughing at a racist joke is most definitely racist.  Defending racist humour is also most definitely racist.

At least you have finally shown your true self now.  Must feel like a weight lifted.

Here we go again with the complete and utter dishonesty.

Defending the right to tell a racist joke is not racist. Not even a little bit. How can something be racist when I'm not talking about race or even people at all? Absolutely crazy.

Why have you ignored the most important part of my post yet again? The bit where I said NECESSARILY, CONTEXT and INTENT?

You know, the bit that is absolutely sensible and proves without any doubt that what I'm saying is legitimate and completely and utterly the opposite of racism and even "defending" racism however you want to try and broaden the definition.

Why don't you just be honest for once, and say "despite you never having said anything which even indicates that you are racist, I am going to call you a racist because that way I don't actually have to debate the excellent points you are making, I can just claim superiority and void your opinions on everything else"

On 30/09/2019 at 13:30, Nofinikea said:

Ooh dont worry, Anti Semitism isnt just reserved for the left.  Again, try googling it.

Didn't say it was.

There's plenty of racists on the left too. Try googling it. Why not break the habit of a lifetime and actually post a link too?

I know you desperately want everyone you disagree with to be racist but it just isn't true.

6 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Here we go again with the complete and utter dishonesty.

Defending the right to tell a racist joke is not racist. Not even a little bit. How can something be racist when I'm not talking about race or even people at all? Absolutely crazy.

Why have you ignored the most important part of my post yet again? The bit where I said NECESSARILY, CONTEXT and INTENT?

You know, the bit that is absolutely sensible and proves without any doubt that what I'm saying is legitimate and completely and utterly the opposite of racism and even "defending" racism however you want to try and broaden the definition.

Why don't you just be honest for once, and say "despite you never having said anything which even indicates that you are racist, I am going to call you a racist because that way I don't actually have to debate the excellent points you are making, I can just claim superiority and void your opinions on everything else"

Is it possible to tell a joke without running the risk of offending  someone..... somewhere.

Lady Astor once said to Churchill "sir your flies are undone" he replied "madam dead birds do not fall out of the nest"...... or similar.

I'm sure people could find that offensive for a number of reasons if they wanted to.... others just find it funny.

Gallows humour is said to be a coping mechanism in the face of adversity.

Can a gay man joke about gay men? Is that homophobic?

Can a woman joke about women? Is that sexist?

At what point is it acceptable for the law to force speech? How much will it destroy free speech? Where does it stop?

On 30/09/2019 at 01:07, Nofinikea said:

Now dont get me wrong, this Canada guy is bang to rights.  It will hound him and finish him and rightly so.

However, to pretend Trump isnt racist is akin to pretending the tooth fairy exists.

I don't give a rats ass about trump or the other guy...... but leave the tooth fairy alone 

On 30/09/2019 at 01:50, Nofinikea said:

Lines drawn by man on a map, that's all that separates one race from another.  Just think about that, lines on a map.

Life would be so much easier if that were only true.

There are other factors that play a huge part, religion and law are just 2 of those.

The lines on the map may keep them apart but many things seperate them.

It's not possible to tell a racist joke without it being racist .... the clue is in the description .... it's a racist joke.

Is it possible to tell a joke about race without it being racist? 

Is it possible to tell a joke about an unnamed supreme being without it being against every religion?

The law is a strange thing.....

A man sees an item in a shop window he wants to buy, he walks into the shop and offers the price advertised but the shopkeeper refuses to sell....

Can the shopkeeper be forced to sell it?

Usually under the law of contract the answer is no.... the offer is there but there is no acceptance or consideration... the fact it was in the window is simply an invitation to treat (unless the law has changed... it's been a while).

The prospective buyer happens to be gay and black....... does the law change?

Someone makes something bespoke... can the maker refuse to make?

The questions are always simple it's the answers that cause difficulties.

7 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Where have I said you are racist? 

You seem touchy.

Here he is now. It is compulsive.

The part where you've accused me about 10 times of defending/apologising for racism and then said that this is definitely racist.

I'm not surprised you've tried to work your way out already. I dont even think you believe most of what you type any more. 

Archived