onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whats the next plan of action?

brookersleftboot

I thought the protest went well yesterday considering the clubs attemps to confuse people with pitch inspections galore & soccer am announcing it was off.

We couldve done with more at the 2.30 protest, but the red card wasagreat show, well supported & looked & sounded great.

After the game the protest was a mix match and i think credit has to go to bede for cresting a great atmosphere, not to mention "mega phone guy" who actually sounded quieter the more he spokeinto the phone!! lol

My question is now, what can we do next & when??

Im up for supporting any actions that can help apply pressure of these scumbags ruining our club.

Maybe we could gather on Millers front lawn for a carol concert??? lol

Anybody know whats next given wedont have anymore home games for a while?

Advert

Personally I think we need an asserted campaign to try and stop people buying 'merchandise', be that in the club shop or inside the ground.....pies, bovril, programmes etc.

The Red Card protest showed once and for all that the Majority of fans are against the board.

A lot of those fans, similar to myself simply cannot or will not stay away, but maybe they CAN be persuaded to withold their money in a continued concerted effort to Starve em out.

Perhaps the next set of leaflets at the next home game could attempt to sway fans this way.....maybe picket the food kiosks etc.

We could even target the massed ranks of away fans - maybe targetting their message boards prior to the fixtures asking them to eat elsewhere. ?

I'll hold my hat up and apologise in advance, I'm pretty good at ideas......****** useless at lending a 'helping hand'

The reason why the red card protest looked good is because fans didn't have to do anything other than their usual matchday routine. Holding up a red card takes no effort whatsoever - everyone can do it - you don't need to walk around to the front to protest or anything like that. The red cards demonstrated the amount of antagonism agains the Board but also showed that many fans will only respond when the protest is easy.

I saw something on youtube a while ago which was done by fans in Sweden. They were ****** of with those running the club saying they were driving the fans away - bit like Vale. So they did a protest at one game where everyone was silent for the first 10 minutes to show the powers-that-be what it would be like without fans in the ground. Then when the clock in the ground reached 10 minutes they all started making a defening noise.

You'd get the usual moaners who say we shouldn't protest in the ground like I faced yesterday but surely yesterday has given the lie to any belief that the protests affect the team?

I thought the protest went well yesterday considering the clubs attemps to confuse people with pitch inspections galore & soccer am announcing it was off.

We couldve done with more at the 2.30 protest, but the red card wasagreat show, well supported & looked & sounded great.

After the game the protest was a mix match and i think credit has to go to bede for cresting a great atmosphere, not to mention "mega phone guy" who actually sounded quieter the more he spokeinto the phone!! lol

My question is now, what can we do next & when??

Im up for supporting any actions that can help apply pressure of these scumbags ruining our club.

Maybe we could gather on Millers front lawn for a carol concert??? lol

Anybody know whats next given wedont have anymore home games for a while?

I've always thought taking the protests to affect their daily lives would have a bigger impact on them, so would be more available to lend a hand here, and would be more than willing to cover the 1am-3am shift on his lawn, after I Finnish work!!!!! :D

The reason why the red card protest looked good is because fans didn't have to do anything other than their usual matchday routine. Holding up a red card takes no effort whatsoever - everyone can do it - you don't need to walk around to the front to protest or anything like that. The red cards demonstrated the amount of antagonism agains the Board but also showed that many fans will only respond when the protest is easy.

I saw something on youtube a while ago which was done by fans in Sweden. They were ****** of with those running the club saying they were driving the fans away - bit like Vale. So they did a protest at one game where everyone was silent for the first 10 minutes to show the powers-that-be what it would be like without fans in the ground. Then when the clock in the ground reached 10 minutes they all started making a defening noise.

You'd get the usual moaners who say we shouldn't protest in the ground like I faced yesterday but surely yesterday has given the lie to any belief that the protests affect the team?

As I was walking up to the ground Bi was offered a red card,which I took.There were a couple right next to who were also offered a card but turned it down.He said to his Mrs that its pointless they won't go anywhere.He then said that they were crooks who need driving out the club.I couldn't help myself so I said you say they are crooks you say they need driving out of the club.But when offered a red card for free and all you need to do is hold it above your head you see it as being pointless.What is up with some people they can see the problem but can't be bothered to even hold a red card above their head.What do such people want?

As I was walking up to the ground Bi was offered a red card,which I took.There were a couple right next to who were also offered a card but turned it down.He said to his Mrs that its pointless they won't go anywhere.He then said that they were crooks who need driving out the club.I couldn't help myself so I said you say they are crooks you say they need driving out of the club.But when offered a red card for free and all you need to do is hold it above your head you see it as being pointless.What is up with some people they can see the problem but can't be bothered to even hold a red card above their head.What do such people want?

Exactly the same feeling as some of the lads I know Melv. They know things aren't right, but feel protests won't shift them and say they are pointless. These are the ones we need to get onside somehow.

We had a similar scenario where two women refused one, I asked them if they were happy that our club was being screwed, her answer was well who else can we get in! :blink: I shook my head and left it that, no use knocking as they say.

We had a similar scenario where two women refused one, I asked them if they were happy that our club was being screwed, her answer was well who else can we get in! :blink: I shook my head and left it that, no use knocking as they say.

Its people like that who have convinced me not to bother coming back.

Personally I think we need an asserted campaign to try and stop people buying 'merchandise', be that in the club shop or inside the ground.....pies, bovril, programmes etc.

The Red Card protest showed once and for all that the Majority of fans are against the board.

A lot of those fans, similar to myself simply cannot or will not stay away, but maybe they CAN be persuaded to withold their money in a continued concerted effort to Starve em out.

Perhaps the next set of leaflets at the next home game could attempt to sway fans this way.....maybe picket the food kiosks etc.

We could even target the massed ranks of away fans - maybe targetting their message boards prior to the fixtures asking them to eat elsewhere. ?

I'll hold my hat up and apologise in advance, I'm pretty good at ideas......****** useless at lending a 'helping hand'

next home game we all go in the club shop/ticket office/Tommys to protest. This will cause a headache for the board and will also stop the usual match day cash flow

Archived