onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whats the next plan of action?

brookersleftboot

if you mean the crowd , then not really as its the quietest weekend of the year crowd wise due to Christmas shopping, same every year

2008 vale last a home match the weekend before Christmas and the crowd was almost identical to the previous home match 2 weeks earlier (5,058 & 5,011)

Advert

As I was walking up to the ground Bi was offered a red card,which I took.There were a couple right next to who were also offered a card but turned it down.He said to his Mrs that its pointless they won't go anywhere.He then said that they were crooks who need driving out the club.I couldn't help myself so I said you say they are crooks you say they need driving out of the club.But when offered a red card for free and all you need to do is hold it above your head you see it as being pointless.What is up with some people they can see the problem but can't be bothered to even hold a red card above their head.What do such people want?

I had the same thing with someone in Wetherspoons Saturday moanin,he said he new these vermin were bad for the club and could close us down but would not even take a card to protest,I told him he didnt have to join in outside the ground or stop for 8 minutes after but just hold a red card up,he just said it was pointless,there are loads of fans like him am afraid ......

I had the same thing with someone in Wetherspoons Saturday moanin,he said he new these vermin were bad for the club and could close us down but would not even take a card to protest,I told him he didnt have to join in outside the ground or stop for 8 minutes after but just hold a red card up,he just said it was pointless,there are loads of fans like him am afraid ......

They are equally part of the problem, and should tbh be treated as such. I know blokes & women in their 60's & 70's who took cards and waved them because and i quote, "its the only way i can make my feelings known, im to old to be standing in an aftermatch protest"

Those that just have the attitude of "doing nothing" well they dont deserve a club.

As ive said your either with us or your part of the problem. Simples

They are equally part of the problem, and should tbh be treated as such. I know blokes & women in their 60's & 70's who took cards and waved them because and i quote, "its the only way i can make my feelings known, im to old to be standing in an aftermatch protest"

Those that just have the attitude of "doing nothing" well they dont deserve a club.

I followed 3 people walking behind the Bycars going towards the main entrance on Saturday as they walked up the steps they said "Whats going on to day" One said " I dont know"

Old Sage asked do you want a red card,they said no Old Sage asked if they were happy with the current situation and the young Lady said "Who else is there"

They were asked again my the main entrance and they seemed to think it was funny and were patronising in an Oliver sort of way.

Just what would make these people wake up and smell the coffee?

What would it take for them to realise the club is being raped?

There was no passion for the club from them just a selfish attitude.

These people are just as much of the problem and are MOLDS biggest allies now.

I despair I really do.===

Different perspectives of protests:

The protest against the Bratt administration was based mainly on "starving em out". In that if he/they didn't go season tickets wouldn't be purchased. In this way it succeeded. Bratt (eventually) left and new investment was found.

The it was Miller time and the protests were paused. Promises were made. Investment of £8m noted. Season Tickets picked up.

Now we know it was all lies and two of the board are taking the urine and a salary. Probably the furniture and any coins under the sofa.

So with Season Tickets already sold and Miller refusing to believe its anymore than just "a couple of fans" it would probably do everyone some good to actually go to the games and continue with the red card protests until they have gone in the next EGM. Keeping away from the club will hurt them financially of course but the difference is that the protest covers a far wider section of fans than ever before.

As with the "my mum" thread, fans who have never had anything to protest about before are picking up the red cards with vigour. This enthusiasm should be jumped on whilst its hot. The EGM will be the place Jabba & Gollum will get removed - of that I'm sure. They have no viable shares and with Stan Meigh's weighty vote then I cannot see any hope. In some ways their best option is to leave now - so let's keep the pressure on.

Go to the games. Protest and Support the team.

Yes I do sound like somebody trying to justify going to games!

Really?

:ohmy:

Maybe I'll argue that if the worst crisis or drama in your life is that of a football club being subject to a couple of con men then you're having a pretty good time of it.

Maybe there are people who need the escapism because for the vast majority of their week their life is pretty rubbish.

There really are one million and one reasons why people MAY CHOOSE not to protest.

To claim that if they are against 'us' if they aren't with 'us' is a pathetic attitude.

The reason why the red card protest looked good is because fans didn't have to do anything other than their usual matchday routine. Holding up a red card takes no effort whatsoever - everyone can do it - you don't need to walk around to the front to protest or anything like that. The red cards demonstrated the amount of antagonism agains the Board but also showed that many fans will only respond when the protest is easy.

I saw something on youtube a while ago which was done by fans in Sweden. They were ****** of with those running the club saying they were driving the fans away - bit like Vale. So they did a protest at one game where everyone was silent for the first 10 minutes to show the powers-that-be what it would be like without fans in the ground. Then when the clock in the ground reached 10 minutes they all started making a defening noise.

You'd get the usual moaners who say we shouldn't protest in the ground like I faced yesterday but surely yesterday has given the lie to any belief that the protests affect the team?

That sounds really effective.Trouble is our clock doesnt work.OK OK the scoreboard one does but that doesnt matter.

Port Vale & my life are kept seperate. I unlike yourself cannot stand by and allow our club to be raped.

Those that like escapism, great, but lets make sure that theres a club to enjoy escapism.

As ive said, your either with us or against us, there is not and cannot be any middle ground.

People dished out abuse to protestors before, and i for one am not going to allow it to happen this time.

If you stand by and do nothing and are happy to do so then your as much a problem as those in the board room. Wheres your passion? wheres your belief & fight??

If its escapism you want £20 odd is a lot to pay when you can get it much cheaper in a local park.

As ive said for me your either in or out. simples

Really?

Maybe I'll argue that if the worst crisis or drama in your life is that of a football club being subject to a couple of con men then you're having a pretty good time of it.

Maybe there are people who need the escapism because for the vast majority of their week their life is pretty rubbish.

There really are one million and one reasons why people MAY CHOOSE not to protest.

To claim that if they are against 'us' if they aren't with 'us' is a pathetic attitude.

Really?

What happens if that escapism they have goes to the wall?

Port Vale & my life are kept seperate. I unlike yourself cannot stand by and allow our club to be raped.

Those that like escapism, great, but lets make sure that theres a club to enjoy escapism.

As ive said, your either with us or against us, there is not and cannot be any middle ground.

People dished out abuse to protestors before, and i for one am not going to allow it to happen this time.

If you stand by and do nothing and are happy to do so then your as much a problem as those in the board room. Wheres your passion? wheres your belief & fight??

If its escapism you want £20 odd is a lot to pay when you can get it much cheaper in a local park.

As ive said for me your either in or out. simples

:):):) ======

In a short space of time it has had national coverage on what we think of Fatman & Robber.I will take my red cards to. All home and away games.A few well placed banners in the Bycars _& Paddock will also show that VVale fanw are united in their feelings against them.Stand up if you love the Vale We want Miller out & 8 million quid you're having a laugh are songs we all know and could chant.No outside investor will put money in the club when they realise how mucj they are hated.KEEP THE PRESSURE ON & DRIVE THEM OUT

Archived