onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Spot on! It's a nightmare of a journey to Newport on a nice sunny Saturday let alone a bloody snowy Tuesday night. It's all relative to the situation and circumstances. Well done to all who braved that journey!

I had an appointment at Haywood yesterday.I drove past Vale at 2pm.Vale fans were on the carpark.I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had decided to go back home.

Advert

Decent draw last night.Sproey thought we were different class than Newport.Unbeaten in the League away this year.UTV.

Having seen Newport against Leicester in the cup I thought they’d be better than they were. We controlled most of the game IMO, but with no real guile in the final third we struggled a little. Good to hear Sproson was being positive on the radio about the performance, it’s hard to remember him being positive when I’ve caught him on the way home on praise and grumble after the match. What was the radios view of the red?

Having seen Newport against Leicester in the cup I thought they’d be better than they were. We controlled most of the game IMO, but with no real guile in the final third we struggled a little. Good to hear Sproson was being positive on the radio about the performance, it’s hard to remember him being positive when I’ve caught him on the way home on praise and grumble after the match. What was the radios view of the red?

Ref got it wrong.Player made a meal.Ref influenced by players and crowd.Sproey said Gibbo won the ball with a very strong tackle.Not even a yellow.

I couldn't make it last night but hats off to all who made it. Super Vale fans. Point is very welcome considering everything. Just read about today's showdown with Aspin and Smurthwaite. We all know it ought to be Smurthwaite who's leaving and let's hope when he's bled the coffers dry in the Club he will then scoot off, quickly. However I have to hold my hands up and say that I see no long term future for Aspin with us. I do not believe he has the correct attributes to be a successful League manager and his own make up of dour, defensive, non attacking tactics as a legend player for us are glaringly obvious in his methods as a manager. He cannot change.

I suppose the club will have to review the footage and decide if it’s worth appealing or not. Having watched it again it’s amazing the Kay gets away with a 2 footed lunge right before Gibbos tackle. But certainly their team surrounding the red and their player making the most of it doesn’t help, but having been in Gibbons pocket all game he suddenly sprang up and started putting in some sprints down the wing in that last 5 minutes that he hadn’t done all match. I think Aspin had it spot on in his interview after the game about how today’s game has gone with players doing their utmost to ensure someone is carded. I can’t stand that aspect of the game.

Guest TommyMac
People will no doubt try and make excuses like they did for Miller' date=' never the players fault![/quote']

Kiss your mother with that mouth?

This from a qualified referee of what level?

Take your Vale coloured glasses off, read the rules of association football and attend match official seminars.

Football has moved on, people need to stop living in the past.

I see Vale have won their appeal against Gibbons sending off.

To be fair REP, you're only wrong when you open your mouth.

Archived