onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Totally Underwhelmed!

old sage

Advert

I agree Ben , the fact Mansfield and Forest Green are a more attractive proposition is simply staggering.

I'd say Ajose and Grant are the creme de la creme at this time of year. Fair play to Mansfield.

In general though i stand by my point that very little is available, always an exception to the rule.

Which clear thinking individual wants to come to a club toying with relegation and with a worsening reputation ( i would imagine ).

There were rumours we made substantial bids for Rowe and Dennis, irrelevant of how well they are doing, where is this monopoly money gone ?

If it's personal vitriolic abuse against Aspin i don't condone that, but a few boos ? Get over it and be the hard man you were as a player.

I don't rate him at all and his dire formations are slowly driving me away after 47 years of attending. I don't think the style of football can be attributed to Smurthwaite.

You can only work with what you have got, but i would not want to see 400 grand frittered away and then a new manager were he to go be left with those players.

Thing is Daz it's clearly in Aspin's nature to try to sure up the defence first and foremost. He sets up negatively. He was criticised for that approach elsewhere. I don't like it myself, and I think his approach to player management leaves a lot to be desired, but the focus for me has to be, always 100% on Smurthwaite. His record so far is horrendous in all aspects of being a chairman. I have zero faith in him doing the right thing, and pleading with him to do so is naive at best.

What I will give Aspin credit for is the number of late goals we score. Yes we're often chasing the game due to his mistakes early doors, but the players certainly fight to the last whistle for him.

I'll be accused of being a Smurthwaite apologist here which if you read my posts i am most certainly not.

Personally and it's only my opinion i wouldn't trust Aspin with 400 chocolate buttons never mind 400 grand.

If that is what the owner thinks then he should have sacked Aspin!

Yes, a kid with two League Two goals in his career is a better bet than the second highest scorer in League One for the 2015–16 season.

No one is falling for your trolling anymore. Must try harder.

Grant's not a bad player either and has made a decent start to his Mansfield career with at least 1 MOTM performance.

If that is what the owner thinks then he should have sacked Aspin!

Agreed. He either thinks Aspin is good enough for the job so back him, or he thinks Aspin is not good enough so sack him. The current situation looks to me like he is trying to provoke Aspin to resign so he won’t have to cough up any compensation. If that is the case, and I’m not saying for certain it is, then Smurthwaite is playing a dangerous game with the future of our club. If the owner genuinely thinks he is doing a good job for the football club (not himself) then he is completely deluded. This does rather beg the question as to what is his reason for staying. Answers on a postcard.

Reading between the lines of aspins interviews since the turn of the year it’s almost like he’s been bordering on the verge of the sack with every passing game. Then Aspin comes out with the statement that the chairman potentially does not trust him with the supposed transfer kitty as he’s under pressure as a manager. The problem is that we are now a week away from the end of the window. We seem to have no signings of note on the horizon, and if the managers prediction of the next game possibly being his last then where does that leave us on the search for new signings? It’s like there’s a game of brinksmanship going on between smurf and Aspin, one wanting the other to walk and the other waiting for the inevitable chop. Trouble is that’s gambling with our future as a club.

Archived