onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Local media says Port Vale stadium was damaged during Stoke City U21 game

News Feed

Advert

Stoke do have form........

Watch from 1.04

I remember trying to get out of the Paddock that night, there was a constant rain of bricks and missiles being chucked over to the Paddock gates. Loads of people (me and my dad included) climbed over the wall and left the ground at the top of the Railway stand.

Yet Vale are waiting for their punishment post alleged abuse towards another at Crewe.Stoke city must be held completely culpable for their fans behaviour.

Bang on. Ultimately fans are representing the club too. There should be no pussy footing around with idiots like that. Stoke should also be footing the bill for the damage caused. There was a lot of their fans there for one thing only and it wasn't to support their u21s.

I hope his response is measured. Getting into a row with Stoke will serve no useful purpose. The club is not to blame for this - it's the moronic element in their followers.

I agree entirely. Stoke City directors will be embarrassed. That club has some moronic supporters so does Port Vale. I hope that Stoke would willingly foot the bill as a gesture which recognises their greater resources. However we should not try to force them into a corner. That kind of response will drive a further wedge between the clubs. I hope that the directors of both clubs can issue a joint statement condemning the behaviour and the culprits but which will indicate that the City's two clubs can remain friendly rivals. Loving Port Vale does not automatically hating Stoke City. This situation has worsened in the lead up due to the disgraceful comments on social media by some lunatic posters. Calling someone ***** because they wear a red and white scarf is unacceptable and has undoubtedly stoked the flames in advance. We need to rise above it and allow Stoke City room to be magnanimous.

I think that the only solution is to make away clubs pay a substantial fee which is only returned when there is no vandalism.

Though I do agree the club cannot be wholly responsible 'The Slum end of the city' have an appalling record and they must do more to control them. I suggest that as they act like dogs a muzzle and neutering would be a good deterrent.

By the way though the police had a difficult job the way that they set up was pathetic and put decent fans in great danger. I was parked up the Hamil and was forced down the road into the town and I and my sons had to walk up Moorland road walking through the horde that call themselves Sjoke supporters.

The Coates family should as a gesture offer to pay for the damage it would help with goodwill and perhaps go someway towards healing the animosity,however I'm not holding my breath.

On RS this morning they were reporting the fact that Denise Coates is demolishing her rather large property near to Sandbach and having bought the surrounding land is going to build a new property with lakes and boat houses (As you do)for the small cost of £90 million,perhaps they could send a plumber and glazier round while they are waiting for the plaster to dry.

I agree entirely. Stoke City directors will be embarrassed. That club has some moronic supporters so does Port Vale. I hope that Stoke would willingly foot the bill as a gesture which recognises their greater resources. However we should not try to force them into a corner. That kind of response will drive a further wedge between the clubs. I hope that the directors of both clubs can issue a joint statement condemning the behaviour and the culprits but which will indicate that the City's two clubs can remain friendly rivals. Loving Port Vale does not automatically hating Stoke City. This situation has worsened in the lead up due to the disgraceful comments on social media by some lunatic posters. Calling someone ***** because they wear a red and white scarf is unacceptable and has undoubtedly stoked the flames in advance. We need to rise above it and allow Stoke City room to be magnanimous.

I agree with all of this.

And it would be right and proper for SCFC to pay for the damage, although I'd want an independent quote not one from Smurthwaite's builders :smile:

Actually, what would be right and proper would be any idiot being caught on camera damaging property being forced to foot the bill and being hit in the pocket. That may actually make them think twice rather than a pitiful fine and some community service.

I agree with all of this.

And it would be right and proper for SCFC to pay for the damage, although I'd want an independent quote not one from Smurthwaite's builders :smile:

Actually, what would be right and proper would be any idiot being caught on camera damaging property being forced to foot the bill and being hit in the pocket. That may actually make them think twice rather than a pitiful fine and some community service.

A suitable form of community service would be to make the culprits clean out the Bycars bogs!!

Smurthwaite pays people like that in kind. The quote would probably read 'one executive box'.

Maybe this would be an ideal opportunity for the tournament sponsors to step in and generate some much needed PR by sourcing locally approved tradesmen on behalf of Skeletor and his daughter Denise.

Smurthwaite pays people like that in kind. The quote would probably read 'one executive box'.

Maybe this would be an ideal opportunity for the tournament sponsors to step in and generate some much needed PR by sourcing locally approved tradesmen on behalf of Skeletor and his daughter Denise.

If Vale use Checkatrade to source their builders don't expect them to be part of the FMB, meet NHBC standards or finish the job if my experience is anything to go by!

Jacko, you’re right. But the club is responsible for their “supporters” actions.

They are just a bunch of moronic imbeciles & Coates and SCFC as a club has to be answerable for their disgraceful behaviour.

It comes as no great surprise to reasonable thinking people that these Neanderthals act this way, but Stoke as a club HAVE to be responsible for their appalling behaviour.

An apology from Stoke is the least they should offer. A condemnetion of its supporters should also be expected.

Sadly, Coates and his adorable daughter will offer neither.

God, I hate Stoke.

So are Vale responsible for wolves, Sheffield United Bolton at home or Grimsby away or the abuse of a woman at Crewe?.....of course they aren’t

Jean is correct so get over yourself

stoke have a great PR opportunity now, if they paid for the damage it would prove to the wider football community that they are disgusted by what happened not by words but by actions.

Although they lost £30 million last season, money is awash down at the 365 and to the neutral population of Stoke on Trent it would show them in a good light and that they wanted to put right the actions of a significant number of stoke fans.

Archived