onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves v Wigan 1pm today

PV1973

Advert

Reckon he'll leave in January. Shame, as IMO Worrall should always be in the 18 man squad, if not the first 11. Seems like another case of Aspin ostracising a player (Gibbons, Whitfield last season).

That's quite an assumption. I agree on his day he's quality but if his attitude is off then he's better out of the way.

That's quite an assumption. I agree on his day he's quality but if his attitude is off then he's better out of the way.

Maybe it is an over-assumption on my part, but I just remember reading the comments of Gateshead fans when he joined that Aspin has his favourites, who he picks game after game no matter what, while there are others that he can't wait to drop or leave in the wilderness completely - and I'd say there's definitely evidence of that being true - Hannant, Rawlinson for the former, and Worrall, Gibbons, Whitfield for the latter.

As a side note - I notice no Worrall today? Is he on the bench at least, or is he injured? He seems to slip away from the first team picture with every game. Out of form but still one of the better footballers in the squad.

"One of the better footballers in the squad", dont make me laugh, are you being serious. The guy cant beat a man, cant cross a ball without hitting the defender and cant tackle!!!, glad he has gone AWOL.

I can't think of any dip in form from Luke Hannant that would have warranted dropping him, and as for the others we don't know what goes on in the week.

Frankly most fans don't care as long as get results on match days!

That last sentence sums it up. No ones bothered if any player is bombed out of the squad as long as results are good. No one is interested if we aren't developing our own players as long as we're winning. No one will care if we sell good players as long as results come. A matchday is all that matters and thats a managers view too I think. They aren't around for long at clubs these days so the games changed to be more short term IMO.

I wouldn't say Hannant has been good all season, I think like many players started the season slowly and hes been up and down and has been steady this last couple of months. Hes chipped in with a couple of assists and a couple of goals and I love his work ethic and thats why hes in the team, Aspin knows what hes going to get and without doubt hes one of his favourites. He was getting some stick at Stevenage the other week for the quality of his passing and delivery. For all his work I think the majority of the time his end product hasn't been the best, those little dinked crosses are so easy to defend. I think sometimes he needs to either whip them if hes going outside the opposition full back or come back inside and whip it with his right (which he can do) or link up better with the full back, as that aspect of our game on the left has been non-existent for a long time now. Sometimes his tracking back isn't the best and we've been caught out on that side, but then again I don't think hes a winger either and is arguably better being given a free role in that midfield 3.

"One of the better footballers in the squad", dont make me laugh, are you being serious. The guy cant beat a man, cant cross a ball without hitting the defender and cant tackle!!!, glad he has gone AWOL.

I think Worrall can be a decent player, he's not always delivered, but then again which of our wingers do on a consistent basis? I think as a winger hes been clever enough to vary his play to either go on his own or link with his full back. But again I don’t believe hes an out and out winger. I'd rather have him in the squad than out of it to be honest as our options to change things other than the usual Miller or Whitfield are limiting us.

Players like Worrall and Dodds have played hundreds of games at a higher level than lower league two and have more quality than some on here care to admit. You don't spend a decade in professional football at different league clubs unless you've got something.

Some players appeal more to some managers than others. It happens. But for me both lads ought to be in our match day 17 as they do have an eye for a goal and could make valuable contributions on or off the bench.

The reserve game was good for us because the two injured lads played and got a game in, but so too the likes of Quigley and Dodds. All good for me and it does, indeed, give us more options now.

Worrall was my player of the year last season after Pope. He might well be dischuffed at going from regular football at Millwall to being left out at a Fourth Division club, but we've got to trust Aspo on this one.

Did he sign on a 2 year deal?

For me Worrall has been very disappointing for several months now and I wasn't surprised when he was dropped. Maybe he has reacted badly to this which has led him to be left out of the squad completely or maybe there are some personal issues he has been dealing with. To say Aspin is ostracising him is premature without any evidence.

For me Worrall has been very disappointing for several months now and I wasn't surprised when he was dropped. Maybe he has reacted badly to this which has led him to be left out of the squad completely or maybe there are some personal issues he has been dealing with. To say Aspin is ostracising him is premature without any evidence.

Agreed. One of those players who seems to get better the less he plays!

Looked reasonable during the disastrous Baldrick era because at least he ran round, but in truth for me flatters to deceive where has no real pace nor a trick to go past people, resulting in no end product.

I would expect one of the higher earners also, which for someone who is a bench filler at best cannot be justified.

If he moves on in January good luck to him, except when up against us

He can cross. He’s never been able to beat a man he’s not an out and out winger never has been. He’s a very very good league 2 player. If his attitude is wrong the I completely agree in leaving him out. Other than that he should at least be on the bench.

Archived