onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another Crewe coach ..........

Mario

Advert

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/08/crewe-youth-coach-abused-boy-over-three-year-period-court-told

Yet another Crewe coach in court for grooming a young lad in the 80's.

Just when do Crewe Alex face up to the facts ? Their whole existence for the last 30 years has been funded by the disgusting acts of their coaches.

The most depraved football club on the planet.The board and manager knew nothing about it though.:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
And yet another one.........Unbelievable wonder what Pete Morse will say about this on Radio Stoke ?

He'll probably rehash his old Crewe Chronicle article he wrote about how Dario used to take him away on holiday but there was never anything funny about it. Or that Dario taught him how to ski (not blindfolded I hope Pete).

It's really odd that the local paper (which arguably should cover Crewe in more depth than the nationals) puts its fingers in its ears and refuses to cover these stories.

It should be the local press leading the coverage not leaving it to a national newspaper and it certainly shouldn't be the local press ignoring the story just because they know (and are presumably on friendly terms) with people at the club.

Frankly it smacks of lazy journalism and cronyism.

Arguably this is a far bigger story than mere "football" - if people have been harmed and there are potentially people who are a risk to others then the press really has a duty to cover, report and investigate. You can't hide behind the argument that "we only cover what happens on the pitch" - there are apparently people so affected by this that they have tried to take their own lives. The local press surely has an obligation and a duty of care to the local community to act.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/08/crewe-youth-coach-abused-boy-over-three-year-period-court-told

Yet another Crewe coach in court for grooming a young lad in the 80's.

Just when do Crewe Alex face up to the facts ? Their whole existence for the last 30 years has been funded by the disgusting acts of their coaches.

To keep balance and fairness Paul McCann was found not guilty of all the charges at Chester Crown Court.

At a guess - nowt, as usual. "Not appropriate to comment at the moment" etc, etc. With the FA inquiry kicked in to the long grass it seems like their "just ignore it" approach is succeeding. Disgusting club.

The FA inquiry is ongoing, I know because I was interviewed by them a month or so ago, about my time as an 11 year old being coached by Bennell at Stoke in the early 90s. To their credit, Stoke are being as open and honest about all of this as they can be. Their records dating back to the early 90s no longer exist, so they went public, asking for people in the School of Excellence at the time, to come forward and recount their view on Bennell's involvement at the club. The FA then looked through those interviews, and chose a number to interview separately.

By complete contrast, Crewe simply aren't bothered. They are hiding behind the fact that they've submitted all documentation that they still have...there you go FA, good luck finding anything. Classic sweep it under the carpet, say nothing and hope it blows away.

Crewe fans, or a vast majority of them what I can see, back the club over this. They jump to their defense at every opportunity, completely ignorant of the suffering and harm their club caused and facilitated all those years ago. Despite repeated accusations against serving officers at the club, both at the time they took place, and to this present day, their fans go out of their way to defend their actions. They are the most classless, deluded, brainwashed group of fans in the whole country, up there with Celtic in my opinion. Low life, scum of the earth.

The FA inquiry is ongoing, I know because I was interviewed by them a month or so ago, about my time as an 11 year old being coached by Bennell at Stoke in the early 90s. To their credit, Stoke are being as open and honest about all of this as they can be. Their records dating back to the early 90s no longer exist, so they went public, asking for people in the School of Excellence at the time, to come forward and recount their view on Bennell's involvement at the club. The FA then looked through those interviews, and chose a number to interview separately.

By complete contrast, Crewe simply aren't bothered. They are hiding behind the fact that they've submitted all documentation that they still have...there you go FA, good luck finding anything. Classic sweep it under the carpet, say nothing and hope it blows away.

Crewe fans, or a vast majority of them what I can see, back the club over this. They jump to their defense at every opportunity, completely ignorant of the suffering and harm their club caused and facilitated all those years ago. Despite repeated accusations against serving officers at the club, both at the time they took place, and to this present day, their fans go out of their way to defend their actions. They are the most classless, deluded, brainwashed group of fans in the whole country, up there with Celtic in my opinion. Low life, scum of the earth.

I know it's off topic, but just a question because I genuinely don't know - what have Celtic fans done to deserve that statement?

Archived