onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Burton Albion

Fosse69

Advert

I thought we were going to get a right smacking in the first half we were slow to close down and it seemed to be only a matter of time before we conceded, we just watched them pass it around at will

2nd half we were a different team I thought we pushed further up the field and competed better carving out some good chances Doddsy was a whisker away from a great volleyed goal but we changed again when Worral went off and Miller came on he was a pest from the off and took his goal well with a great through ball from Doddsy

Overall pleased with the result and saw Hornby,Rawlinson,Smith,Kanu and particularly Vassel have really good games which should give Aspin a Few selection problems for Saturday

Noticed last night that they open the gates for smokers at half time in the Lorne st, does this always happen?

They did it with all of the pre-season friendlies too. I sit in the Stand, so not sure if they do it on match days as well, though can't see why it would be any different

That beats the 12 we took to Roker Park once in this competition's earlier years.

I'm actually impressed Boro took 9, probably exiles in yam yam land.

I'd imagine friends or family not actual fans.

Think Lard took about 30 to Sunderland the other week and Kevin Campbell was in with lardies watching his son Tyrese.

That beats the 12 we took to Roker Park once in this competition's earlier years.

I'm actually impressed Boro took 9, probably exiles in yam yam land.

I’d say we took around 100 to that match, most of us went in the home end and we did celebrate when we scored. It was freezing and raining, no way was I standing on the open stand.

We defended very well in the first half but struggled to make an impact up front. In the second half we got the midfield higher up the pitch so the gap to the strikers was closed. We started the second well and Louis Dodds could have had a couple - one excellent shot on the volley from a Worrall free kick which went just wide. Miller then came on and Dodds played a super ball to him which he buried clinically. Really pleased for him - he needed that.

Hornby was excellent. All of the back four played well - Rawlinson won loads in the air as did Smith. The midfield actually looked better when Worrall went off and Kanu moved to the right. Pugh didn't let us down at all. Kanu looked promising and Doddsy, having been pretty quiet in the first half, was much more influential in the second. Miller was his usual nuisance.

Much entertainment was provided by the general booing and abuse being burled at McCrory when he was lucky to stay on the pitch after a nasty foul on Clark. The ref was given a considerable amount of advice for issuing only a yellow card. Miller's booking was harsh but by then I had come to realise that Mr Lewis had totally lost his marbles.

I realised a long time ago Rob Lewis had lost his marbles! Another I would file in the 'Poor Referees' cabinet! I always say to people around where I live Shrewsbury are lucky they can't get him as he's not very good!

Archived