Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert

Brown

Gibbons Legge Rawlinson Clarke

Hannant Oyeleke Conlon Whitfield

Pope Miller

Defensively Whitfield would drop into left wing and form the 2 banks of 4, but going forward I think we'd look more like a 433.

Hannant would tuck and form an energetic, box-to-box midfield with Oyeleke and Conlon all comfortable on the ball and allowing flexibility with how they arrange themselves.

Whitfield and Miller would play either side of Pope, very close and narrow, basically 3 strikers. It would require a lot of work from Whitfield but his application and workrate is very good. Gibbons and Clarke would provide width.

Kanu would be on the bench purely to inject pace late on if we want to counter.

Spot on Hagrid!!

I’d put Joyce in for Conlon though ( as I haven’t seen him play yet) that would help with covering the defence duties as we attack wave after wave with the forward line.

We could try pushing the ball down the wings and not hoofing it straight down the middle!!

Joyce has been our worst player since we were on top vs Cambridge. Truly awful since. Last week he was ghastly. Might as well not have been on the pitch. In fact he kept getting in Manny's way. And conceded the free kick and did not contest the header. He's so ****. The new Wilson. Totally awful signing. Stealing a wage.

I'd put him out wide somewhere near Greenland.

He's toss. And anyone who thinks otherwise has not seen us play (which I know is most of you).

Joyce has been our worst player since we were on top vs Cambridge. Truly awful since. Last week he was ghastly. Might as well not have been on the pitch. In fact he kept getting in Manny's way. And conceded the free kick and did not contest the header. He's so ****. The new Wilson. Totally awful signing. Stealing a wage.

He's toss. And anyone who thinks otherwise has not seen us play (which I know is most of you).

When we went to Carlisle he got a tremendous reception. They clearly value him highly. So it may not have worked great so far but he has been well down my list of problems.

When we went to Carlisle he got a tremendous reception. They clearly value him highly. So it may not have worked great so far but he has been well down my list of problems.

I'm sure they very much enjoyed his totally abject performance for us that night.

When Carlisle spanked us at the end of last season everything went through Joyce their goalie threw the ball to him and he created, he was the stand out player that afternoon.

Aspin doesn't have a settled plan,a settled style of play except for Brown hoofing it up to a double marked Pope,perhaps if we had a more "Intelligent" way of playing instead of waiting for the opposition to make a mistake and give the ball back to us,Joyce would stand a better chance to impress.

Well aren't you antagonistic

I've seen him play a few times and he definitely isn't "toss". Is this vendetta just because he was at fault for the FGR goal on Saturday?

He works hard, keeps things ticking over and is always demanding the ball. He never goes hiding or shirks away from a tackle. He's a million miles away from what we've had for the last few seasons.

I've seen him play a few times and he definitely isn't "toss". Is this vendetta just because he was at fault for the FGR goal on Saturday?

He works hard, keeps things ticking over and is always demanding the ball. He never goes hiding or shirks away from a tackle. He's a million miles away from what we've had for the last few seasons.

You are correct in every way. Everybody looking for scapegoats as usual instead of supporting the players.

Joyce has been a bit disappointing for me, he can do something good one minute then he completely undoes it with something sloppy. There was one moment that stood out against Crawley a few weeks ago when he gave the ball away needlessly and they almost equalised.

It's also clear from the few games that Kay played with him, that he needs younger legs alongside him. I don't blame him too much for the FGR goal, it was a clever bit of movement from his marker and he got done, I felt he got a bit too much stick considering it was a straightforward ball in that should have been cut out before it got to his man.

Joyce has been a bit disappointing for me, he can do something good one minute then he completely undoes it with something sloppy. There was one moment that stood out against Crawley a few weeks ago when he gave the ball away needlessly and they almost equalised.

It's also clear from the few games that Kay played with him, that he needs younger legs alongside him. I don't blame him too much for the FGR goal, it was a clever bit of movement from his marker and he got done, I felt he got a bit too much stick considering it was a straightforward ball in that should have been cut out before it got to his man.

What were you expecting from him though? 40 yard screamers every game? Xavi-esque passing stats?

Maybe we should play Tonge and Pugh or Tavares and Pereira?

Archived