onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Advert

If we're only playing one out and out centre forward, I'd think we could probably do with more width in the team. Maybe Monty left wing and shuffle the pack defensively.

If Monty plays like he did Saturday then we need to be getting a left back in.

I think we'll see a few changes tonight and that he'll go with the defence that finished Saturday and the obvious changes up front. Personally I wouldn't be changing the defence from that which started Saturday (but I think he has a track record of defensive changes when we don't play too well). I wouldn't be starting Quigley either as I don't think he has the desire to put himself about.

I think the team will be:

Brown

Rawlinson Legge Smith Montano

Worrall Joyce Kay Hannant

Dodds

Miller

Don’t think he will change it too much. This isn’t a minnows Cup there’s potential for a decent side quite early on. The only changes I can see is dodds/ legge or Kay coming into the side. We are desperate for some pace in this team though, if I was aspin I’d be after another attacking mid and a winger ASAP. I’d start Kanu tonight Worrall is a good player but has started really poor, to be fair so has Hannant so I’d be happy for Kanu to replace either of those two tonight.

No concessions for pensioners tonight.Ticket office say it because Lincoln won’t accept concessions for oldies.

Didn’t know until I bought my ticket yesterday.

Tonight will be the usual queues back to Hamil Road with two people in the ticket office while the two bays in the club shop will be twiddling their thumbs.

You couldn’t organise a p up in a brewery.

This will put people off turning up on the day.

Doesn’t Garlick get paid to sort things like this out.

It's the length of the queue for a small early round cup game that's one of the issues. Tonight there will be around 3000 people at a stadium that can hold around 20000 people. Many will buy their ticket when they arrive. All those going into the Lorne Street and Bycars will have to walk past four or five turnstiles to get to the ticket office and queue amongst everyone wanting tickets for the Paddock, Stand and Family stand. At 7.30pm that will be a big queue. It would make far more sense to accept cash on the turnstiles, even if it was only one in the Lorne Street and the Bycars. We all know that it's frustrating to have to stand in a big queue when with a little common sense, that queue could be avoided by some simple steps by the club. I will go and stand in the queue tonight if I make the potteries in time for the match.

The lack of cash turnstiles puts some people off going. That is a fact as I know three that don't attend because of it.

Possible solutions:

A case turnstile in Lorne Street, Bycars and Family stand.

An additional ticket office on the corner of Lorne Street and Bycars.

Contactless card payment option at the turnstiles for people who have a debit card.

The thing you have to understand is that there’s cost implications with all those solutions some massively expensive like building a ticket office and contactless integration into the turnstile, or people could simply plan their visit to the stadium better

I actually disagree. Both teams were dire! Yes, they had that 2% of play, that looked like it might could have come to something.

But to say we were “out run, out paced, out thought for the first twenty minutes”, is not just the single biggest exagerration of the Century, it is also simply not true! They were hoofing it just as much as we were.

But I do agree, that mid-table would be acceptable. An achievment, no. But acceptable, yes!

100% agree Cambridge were very poor throughout the game and only threat was two bad headers from set pieces. I don’t remember bar the one chance in the second half Brown making a save. We’re weren’t out paved or thought in anyway they just ran the ball wide at times and produced nothing

Fortunately the "marketing strategy" has already put me off to save me the journey and the stress of queuing. I really wanted to go tonight and see us thump Lincoln convincingly but I don't have any confidence that will happen and I had enough watching us play poor football last season.

It's about time cup games were included in ST prices. Yes, if the club goes on a long run they could miss out on additional income, but wouldn't attractive games attract more non ST customers? It's swings and roundabouts, and if clubs pushed up ST prices to incorporate cup games I'm sure they wouldn't lose out.

Fortunately the "marketing strategy" has already put me off to save me the journey and the stress of queuing. I really wanted to go tonight and see us thump Lincoln convincingly but I don't have any confidence that will happen and I had enough watching us play poor football last season.

The stress of queuing wow. Have a cup of tea and rest petal, don’t want you getting all het up now do we. ❄️

It's about time cup games were included in ST prices. Yes, if the club goes on a long run they could miss out on additional income, but wouldn't attractive games attract more non ST customers? It's swings and roundabouts, and if clubs pushed up ST prices to incorporate cup games I'm sure they wouldn't lose out.

In most cups they have to split the revenue with the opponent.....how can they include them in the STs?

Some clubs do and then give a rebate for unused tickets or reduce the price of renewed STs. Depends on the chances of cup runs, would people be happy to have ST prices increased, mid-week cup ties difficult for some people. Far easier to have a working ticket system?

No concessions for pensioners tonight.Ticket office say it because Lincoln won’t accept concessions for oldies.

Didn’t know until I bought my ticket yesterday.

Tonight will be the usual queues back to Hamil Road with two people in the ticket office while the two bays in the club shop will be twiddling their thumbs.

You couldn’t organise a p up in a brewery.

This will put people off turning up on the day.

Doesn’t Garlick get paid to sort things like this out.

Yes there is I bought my ticket for £6.

In most cups they have to split the revenue with the opponent.....how can they include them in the STs?
Away club receives a percentage based on the actual attendance, so the ST money of non-attending ST holders stays with the home club.

Archived