onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where will we finish?

ollyandpatch

Jesus Christ, there's some doom and gloom on here!After the garbage of the past few seasons let's give Aspin and Rudge a fair crack of the whip with their team this season..Hopefully we can progress and I'm confident that we can finish far safer than last season.

Read the posts and thought - was looking forward to the new season starting and us being pretty competitive this season. After reading this lot - just think most of the fans think it is just going to be another season to add to the last two. Here comes relegation, going out of the cups first go. Oh well life as a Vale Fan I suppose - bring on the happy pills ......

Advert

Read the posts and thought - was looking forward to the new season starting and us being pretty competitive this season. After reading this lot - just think most of the fans think it is just going to be another season to add to the last two. Here comes relegation, going out of the cups first go. Oh well life as a Vale Fan I suppose - bring on the happy pills ......

My view exactly. I was thinking we had recruited well and would be solid.

I still think that, but the more general view seems to be focusing on our limitations and what we won't do, especially in the goals scored department.

We'll see, uncertainty is one of the great attractions of football, so I look forward to the story evolve as the weeks go by.

I think we've all been traumatised by the last two years and panic readily.

My view exactly. I was thinking we had recruited well and would be solid.

I still think that, but the more general view seems to be focusing on our limitations and what we won't do, especially in the goals scored department.

We'll see, uncertainty is one of the great attractions of football, so I look forward to the story evolve as the weeks go by.

I think we've all been traumatised by the last two years and panic readily.

☝️ This

Until I read this thread I was looking at top half finish with a gentle push for the playoffs! After reading this looks like I'm very much in the minority 🤔

There again I had us for a top half finish last season so it's very possible I'm talking a load of optimistic bull again! Nevertheless still looking forward to the season, with a hint of trepidation now after reading this thread!

The last 20 months or so have been awful, each weekend was just stressful and almost especially last season like a pressure cooker situation with so much at stake due to the awful start we had and being essentially in a relegation battle from August. It got to the stage where I dreaded Saturdays coming round and according to the wife I wasn’t the most relaxed person to be around Saturday afternoons if not at the game!

Look of course I want us to win every game and be promoted but I would happily take being 12-15 points clear of the drop at Xmas and pretty much float around 10-14th all season with little to no stress on it of us going down after the last year or two.

If we can do something similar to Adams first season after the Glover one and build solid foundations then we should be able to hopefully only make small tweaks next summer to take the next level ie a promotion charge.

Get two wins in the first four or five games at least we are ahead of where we were last season after about 13 games! Had we just had an average start last season we’d have been ok.

If we can do something similar to Adams first season after the Glover one and build solid foundations then we should be able to hopefully only make small tweaks next summer to take the next level ie a promotion charge.

Thats the point we need to be at, where we are only bringing in a handful of players to improve us. Not a coach full in one go.

I think around 12th. If we suffer a couple of injuries and the players bought in from non-league aren't up to scratch we could really struggle.

Having said that - last time were promoted, we were one of the favourites to be relegated. Anything can happen in this league but I'd be happy with midtable and then build next year for a promotion push.

I really can't decide how this season will go, I have not been to any of the pre-season games so cannot pass any judgement on proceedings thus far.

I was reasonably happy with the signings but the fact that we are still looking for loan signings worries me.

Lets give it seven games some say, but after seven games under Bruno I was lauding the team and look what happened then. I said when we got relegated that it would take us 5 years at least to recover, both on the field and off....and that was assuming Norman left so my take on where will we finish is this :

So long as we finish above 17th I will be happy, Heart says 10th, Head says 16th, it could be another long cold winter.

Archived