onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where will we finish?

ollyandpatch

The tactics are a strange one as we don't seem to know what plan A is let alone B.

I'd hope for top 10 but somehow..

The tactics nearly got us relegated last season they are dire. How hard can Aspin make it. Keep Pope upfront with a young set of legs sign two tricky wingers to feed the Pope .

Oh no that's too difficult. Lets sign a new striker that has a checkered past to say the least. A player that coined the phrase "Doddering". A player he is now unsure about so sends him back out on loan. Two further players go off to the owners new club.

A manager that simply can not manage at this level the most worrying aspect of all this is that I think it will take us loosing our league status to turn on what was a true vale legend as a player. But a true bungling ********** as a manager.

Top ten are you joking.

Advert

I go back a bit further but I agree with you. For all his faults Billy Bell gave Rudgie his head when it came to football matters; Smurthwaite should do the same. After all, isn't Aspo being assisted by the selfsame Rudgie?

Time moves on you should not do rear view mirror stuff. A much younger Rudge attending seven games a week personally in the know with all the scouts and managers back in his day.

Great figurehead for the club but doubt he still has the connections he did. Ten years in a directors box eating prawn sandwiches blowing smoke up Peter Coates arse hardly leaves you in touch with the star striker from Wolverhampton casuals .

I think we'll be relegated another poor squad put together by the shoestring budget

Lets not get caught up in the “ Norman’s given him no money rubbish” Aspin clearly stated in the January window it was nothing to do with money.

Accrington got promoted on two bob and a conker.

The vital difference at this level. A manager who is inspirational who can get eleven players to jump through hoops of fire. To play for the managers engaging tactics.

We have Mr Dour, tactically inept, favouratism galour. Desperate to emulate John Rudge but five rough diamonds in we don’t have an Andy Jones, Ian Taylor, Robbie Earle we have some rough diamonds. We would have loaned out to rushden and diamonds.

Jesus Christ, there's some doom and gloom on here!After the garbage of the past few seasons let's give Aspin and Rudge a fair crack of the whip with their team this season..Hopefully we can progress and I'm confident that we can finish far safer than last season.

We should do better than last season which isn't hard admittedly. The goal keeper has to be worth at least 6 points on last season, there are some decent partners for Popey and some new solid midfield players but creativity could be a problem again.

I'll go mid table.

This league is notoriously hard to predict because the best players move to division 1 at the end of contracts. So roughly half the best players won't be playing as few players are on longer than 2 year contracts. Mansfield, Lincoln and Notts County all have strong sides. Cambridge will be good I think. If Bury can keep Beckford fit they'll be up there, but that's unlikely. Add in to that long-term injuries to key players and it's a pretty random league to predict. There's been the normal merry go round of jobbing 4th tier professionals but most clubs rely very much on a few key players with little depth in the squad. There's always a surprise package in the top 3, with 2 of County, Mansfield and Lincoln to take the other spots. Cambridge and the other of the 3 in the play-offs. Then toss a coin.

Smurfwaite remains a real cancer at the core of the club. If Smurf has given so much money, how come Aspin is scrabbling about for loans?

Loans at the start of a season? I remember when loans were when a club had injuries to an existing squad, not to bolster it.

I think we are a mediocre league 2 club. We could go down if the best guys get injured etc but I expect a season of nothing.

That isn’t really good enough. Only Dean Glover/Sinnott in my living memory since the mid 80s had failed to get us at the sharp end of league 2.

Smurfwaite remains a real cancer at the core of the club. If Smurf has given so much money, how come Aspin is scrabbling about for loans?

Loans at the start of a season? I remember when loans were when a club had injuries to an existing squad, not to bolster it.

I think we are a mediocre league 2 club. We could go down if the best guys get injured etc but I expect a season of nothing.

That isn’t really good enough. Only Dean Glover/Sinnott in my living memory since the mid 80s had failed to get us at the sharp end of league 2.

We’ve signed a fair few permanently not really let many go as Barnett and Davis are still on the wage bill. Pretty normal for a league 2 club? The likes of Joyce, legge, brown and miller will be on decent money.

Aspin is after more players as he’s clearly realised some aren’t what he thought they were (Daniels) before signing.

The common denominator for all our recent problems is still here:sad:

Archived