onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who remembers...

Aussie Rules

I went to Florida in 2009 the day after we lost 2-0 to Macc Town

While I was there there was a night launch of the Shuttle. Definately worth the wait until the early hours for it. It was like daylight again when it blasted off.

Anyway, we know the moon landings are not real as the world is Flat!...........

We also know the moon landings were faked because they brought back rocks, if they'd really been there they'd have got a few pounds of green cheese!

Advert

I went to Florida in 2009 the day after we lost 2-0 to Macc Town

While I was there there was a night launch of the Shuttle. Definately worth the wait until the early hours for it. It was like daylight again when it blasted off.

Anyway, we know the moon landings are not real as the world is Flat!...........

A friend of mine lived half the year in Daytona Beach which is just north of Cape Canavaral, he used to say the noise from the Shuttle on take off was deafening. Must have been an incredible sight to witness in person.

I can't imagine the math and the precision to send the rockets/shuttle up and bring them down/retrieve them again

A friend of mine lived half the year in Daytona Beach which is just north of Cape Canavaral, he used to say the noise from the Shuttle on take off was deafening. Must have been an incredible sight to witness in person.

I can't imagine the math and the precision to send the rockets/shuttle up and bring them down/retrieve them again

Can you imagine then what it will be like to see the launch of latest rocket of the Space Launch System in 2019.

Slightly shorter than the Saturn V the new SLS can produce 8.4 million lbs. of thrust,compared to the Saturn V's thrust of 7.5 million lbs.

What will that sound like?

Scientists today announce that a body of water has been found on Mars !

Apparently it is situated under the South Pole With a width of about 20km and at least 1m deep !

Evidence of past surface water had been known for a while, but this is the first time water itself has been found to be present.

Wow !

• 11 months later...
On 7/20/2018 at 3:56 PM, SourceOfTheTrent said:
For Us All said:
It's was gigantic,33 ft in diameter and 363ft tall and fully fueled it weighed 6.5 million pounds.

Awesome.

To try and give it some perspective Blackpool Tower is 500 feet tall. Just imagine blasting Blackpool Tower into space under its own power from the Promenade!!

Just imagine sitting on top of that rocket, incredible.

The Airfix kit was huge,too!

I remember walking home in 1965, with my mum, and looking up at a glorious full moon, I said "Just think - one day men will walk up there"! To which my mum replied, "Not in our lifetimes" - she's now 88!

I so much wanted to watch the landing but was sent to bed...got up early in the morning, though...which was a first!...so excited watching the replays it was unbearable! Man was actually on that big old Moon! Then, to bring them back, safe and well, felt like they were being guarded by angels. Magical time...and I think space exploration since has been almost as exciting, if, largely, ignored by live TV coverage. The feats NASA have accomplished have been remarkable. And TV programmes like the recent "The Planets" shows this in stunning quality. Well done, Humanity! 

Slightly off-topic, in reference to the "Earth is flat" comment, earlier: I remember seeing an advert for a Flat Earth Society convention / talk of some kind...where the organizers promised that there would be Flat-Earth members travelling in "from all corners of the globe!" - reality...you couldn't make it up!

I also remember it, one of the greatest achievements by mankind with less computing power than a typical mobile phone.

A trip to the Kennedy Space Center is a must if you're in Florida if only to get a true appreciation of the massive size of Saturn V rocket and the tiny size of the 3-person Command Module on the Apollo flights.

On 20/07/2018 at 04:36, Aussie Rules said:

...49 years ago today when Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon proclaiming..."That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."?

*Source: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/apollo11.html

I was in bed asleep when it happened!  I'd finsihed my A Levels a few weeks before and me and some of my mates had summer jobs at Welch's toffee factory in North Shields.  It was a bloody awful job and I was knackered each evening.  Couldn't face staying up until 4 am!

15 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Slightly off-topic, in reference to the "Earth is flat" comment, earlier: I remember seeing an advert for a Flat Earth Society convention / talk of some kind...where the organizers promised that there would be Flat-Earth members travelling in "from all corners of the globe!" - reality...you couldn't make it up!

I don't think even the Flat Earthers think the Earth is flat any more. What the FES is now is a repository for all those who doubt what they're told officially about anything - from the moon landings, through the existence of aliens, to how JFK was murdered. 

On the one hand they could be a bunch of loonies. On the other they teach us it's sometimes right to be sceptical. 

(I don't believe in any of the above conspiracy theories by the way.)

Archived