onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whose idea was the Nuneaton game?!!

Iron Curtain

We've regularly played Friday and Saturday against non league sides, Rocester always used to be a Friday night game. We have a much bigger squad than during the Rudge era and players are far enough in to pre season to do 90 minutes. Some Kidsgrove players managed 90 minutes and they play part time. If I thought we'd put the same side out twice it would be a problem, but as we clearly won't I don't see the issue. Nuneaton will get what Aspin considers the second 11 I'd imagine - Hornby, Vassel, Davis, Kay, McKeown, Pugh, Tongue, Benns, Dodds, Barnett, Daniels.

Correct but this time it’s NUNEATON,JRC.The UEFA badge holders will be after you shortly.

Advert

Baz,you’re young enough to remember when we played on Christmas Day and the following day ,Boxing Day,with the same Eleven players.No subs in those days either and mudheap pitches.

I expect you are old enough to remember when we sent young lads up chimneys to clean them. And down the pit to hold the doors open when the horse drawn carts came through. Doesn't mean it would be acceptable today.

How many players do you actually think will play 2 full games?

None of them I hope.

But look at Saturday, we only had 18 fit players and then 2 of them picked up injuries. All being well those and the rest of them who were out injured have recovered enough to play in one of the games.

I expect you are old enough to remember when we sent young lads up chimneys to clean them. And down the pit to hold the doors open when the horse drawn carts came through. Doesn't mean it would be acceptable today.

Looks like you were around during those times.I’d have left you up the chimney.

Looks like you were around during those times.I’d have left you up the chimney.

I think there is a widely held belief that people sometimes come across totally differently to their normal persona when typing anonymously on forums, in the same way that normally mild mannered people turn into aggressive idiots behind the wheel of a car. I sincerely hope it is true in your case. :-)

I think there is a widely held belief that people sometimes come across totally differently to their normal persona when typing anonymously on forums, in the same way that normally mild mannered people turn into aggressive idiots behind the wheel of a car. I sincerely hope it is true in your case. :-)

Me?I’m a sweetheart all the time.Now get back in your ****ing enclosure.:razz:

None of them I hope.

But look at Saturday, we only had 18 fit players and then 2 of them picked up injuries. All being well those and the rest of them who were out injured have recovered enough to play in one of the games.

Maybe we should stop pre season training if so many players are getting injured!

Maybe we should stop pre season training if so many players are getting injured!

You're just being daft now. Its about managing the workload of the players. Some of them will inevitably get pick up slight strains because its such an intense period of training to get their fitness levels up, which is why throwing the same group in to 2 matches in 2 days isn't the right thing to do.

Why should the owner be organising friendlies? Surely that is the job of the manager and his staff? Aspin clearly does not want this match - it is an inconvenience in his pre-season plans. Why is the owner interfering in those because he has bought another football ground which is nothing to do with Vale? Surely Port Vale should be is priority - not a club which, according to him, he will have no input on the footballing side and is simply the landlord?

In reality he has had an input into two footballing clubs(but he don't get involved:wink:)

You're just being daft now. Its about managing the workload of the players. Some of them will inevitably get pick up slight strains because its such an intense period of training to get their fitness levels up, which is why throwing the same group in to 2 matches in 2 days isn't the right thing to do.

Even with 4 players out on loan we still have 25 players needing match practise. I don't think there is any danger of any of them playing 2 full matches. If we had a squad of 18 or 19 it would be a problem. Plenty of teams play back to back matches at this stage in the season. Squads are generally bigger because teams can't use the loan system during the season and you need to get all the players game time not just the first 11.

Archived