onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whose idea was the Nuneaton game?!!

Iron Curtain

I imagine it throws the players' routines around as well. Wednesday would normally be their scheduled day off, if they take Thursday off instead it only gives them one light session on Friday before the Blackpool game.

What a shame for the little lambs.

Advert

Those who play tonight,light training tomorrow and Friday.Those who are playing tomorrow,light session today,light session on Friday.Everyone has Thursday off.Let me explain again,if we had one game only,tonight,there would be hard training on Thursday and light on Friday.You are now showing your ar5e.

You do realise this thread isn't about training schedules don't you?

You realise the purpose of this thread was to point out that Norman has interfered with Aspins pre-season plans dont you?

That's why I have been laughing reading about you justifying that two games are ok and banging on about running up hills.

Whether they are or they are not... Norman said he would not interfere with the football side of things... and yet here he is adding a friendly into the pre-season schedule the manager doesnt want.

So... do you think its appropriate for the chairman to add a pre-season game into the schedule that the manager doesnt want?

And dont avoid the question... at least maintain a bit of respect in your own opinions. If you do think thats ok then fine, we can disagree... But what YOU did on this thread was just get all shouty and sweary and blindly defended the chairman without even knowing the facts. Which made you look a bit of a plonker.

Im sure you are not a plonker... So if this is actually just based on the fact that you think its ok for a chairman to do that then just say it and defend him based on something rather than blindly.

Regal, with all due respect... it’s been the Smurf defence league who have dragged this one on for 10 pages... some without even knowing the full facts.

The facts are that this Nuneaton game is not ideal. The fact is it wouldn’t be happening if Norman hadn’t become their landlord. The most likely scenario is Norman has put it in the schedule. And the other fact is that Aspin wishes it wasn’t happening.

If people had admitted it’s not ideal acknowledged that Smurf said he would stay away from football matters and this seems to be a slip up... this would be a 3 post thread!!

The blind, aggressive, sweary “leave Norman alone” crew have just shown themselves up to be just that...and it’s genuinely just entertaining to let them keep digging.

Utter tripe!!!

What are you talking about not knowing the facts? YOU don't know the facts. Neither do I, difference is I'm not twisting two words from Aspin to try and beat Smurf with because I've got a crazy bias.

Not ideal. 15 pages and counting. Not ideal. That's all he said.

You lot need to calm the **** down :laugh:

None of them I hope.

But look at Saturday, we only had 18 fit players and then 2 of them picked up injuries. All being well those and the rest of them who were out injured have recovered enough to play in one of the games.

What do you mean 2 of them picked up injuries on saturday?!?!?! Bloody hell I bet smurf arranged that one as well!

Sign me up, Smurf out for sure now.

Utter tripe!!!

What are you talking about not knowing the facts? YOU don't know the facts. Neither do I, difference is I'm not twisting two words from Aspin to try and beat Smurf with because I've got a crazy bias.

Not ideal. 15 pages and counting. Not ideal. That's all he said.

You lot need to calm the **** down :laugh:

I’m perfectly calm, haven’t sworn once.

Let’s discuss facts:

1. Norman has recently become the landlord of Nuneaton

2. After that fact a friendly was put into the pre season schedule the day after another friendly while the youth team are away travelling.

3. The Manager would prefer not to play that game.

Those are the facts.

No need to swear, no need to shout. You Regal are a composed (normally) poster who stands by his opinions.

Others aren’t and just don’t like being asked to justify their opinions.

Howjy still refuses to say that he is ok with a chairman of a club scheduling a game the manager doesn’t want... its embarrassing given the fuss he had kicked up.

I know you are looking out for him, but I assume he is a grown man and can back his opinions.

I don’t like smurf, and I give my reasons why. You call for calm and give your reason why.

All Howjy has done on this thread is shout, call people names and make a pillock of himself... and all without being brave enough to say that he thinks that if Norman has done that then it’s ok!

And if Norman didn’t put it in and it was Garlick I will be big enough to apologise and say Garlick made a stupid decision... but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Garlick.

Let’s discuss facts:

2. After that fact a friendly was put into the pre season schedule the day after another friendly while the youth team are away travelling.

Those are the facts.

What's your evidence for point 3?

Is it the two words: "Not ideal" ?

How do you know Aspin wasn't asked, would you mind Neil?

How do you know Aspin didn't ask for this date because it's better than squeezing in another friendly closer to the season?

You don't know any of it.

You believe what you want to be true.

You want Smurf to have stormed into the changing room and asserted to Aspin that we are playing twice in 2 days and if he doesn't like it he can swivel.

The ONLY fact you have is that Aspin would prefer not to play the game tomorrow. You don't know if he had the chance to veto it or not.

What's your evidence for point 3?

Is it the two words: "Not ideal" ?

How do you know Aspin wasn't asked, would you mind Neil?

How do you know Aspin didn't ask for this date because it's better than squeezing in another friendly closer to the season?

You don't know any of it.

You believe what you want to be true.

You want Smurf to have stormed into the changing room and asserted to Aspin that we are playing twice in 2 days and if he doesn't like it he can swivel.

The ONLY fact you have is that Aspin would prefer not to play the game tomorrow. You don't know if he had the chance to veto it or not.

I’m not going to get into an argument with a grown man around the semantics of the meaning of ‘not ideal’

The point is this Regal... I’m not a Smurf fan (obviously) and this forum is where I can voice my opinion.

But I’m also happy to admit when Norman does something good.

Im impressed that he has changed the 10 game ticket after feedback

I’m impressed he backed Aspin to go and get miller.

And I’m not too proud to say that.

What’s daft is when people jump to his defence over something that obviously is “not ideal”... certain posters have bent over backwards to say that two games in two days is fine and this isn’t a problem at all... when in reality it’s obvious its not great. They believe the big blue owner should never be criticised... ever!

Would they ever have the courage to say “ok, this is a bit of a mistake from norman... hopefully he goes back behind the scenes”

Would they hell.

What do you mean 2 of them picked up injuries on saturday?!?!?! Bloody hell I bet smurf arranged that one as well!

Sign me up, Smurf out for sure now.

Tonge and Oyeleke picked up injuries Saturday. What’s Smurf got to do with players getting injured? I’m not interested in getting in to a smurf slanging match with anyone.

Look at tonight’s team in Halifax. We’ve only got 7 players on the bench. Unless Tonge and Oyeleke are fit for tomorrow the same 18 players will play both games back to back. Some of them will do more than others. It’s not a great situation for the first team to be in at this stage of the season.

I’m not going to get into an argument with a grown man around the semantics of the meaning of ‘not ideal’

The point is this Regal... I’m not a Smurf fan (obviously) and this forum is where I can voice my opinion.

But I’m also happy to admit when Norman does something good.

Im impressed that he has changed the 10 game ticket after feedback

I’m impressed he backed Aspin to go and get miller.

And I’m not too proud to say that.

What’s daft is when people jump to his defence over something that obviously is “not ideal”... certain posters have bent over backwards to say that two games in two days is fine and this isn’t a problem at all... when in reality it’s obvious its not great. They believe the big blue owner should never be criticised... ever!

Would they ever have the courage to say “ok, this is a bit of a mistake from norman... hopefully he goes back behind the scenes”

Would they hell.

Yeah it's everyone else's fault.

This is a non issue. You lot are making it an issue because it suits your beliefs.

I would say that if you need to use this as an issue, your point isn't that strong currently.

Yeah it's everyone else's fault.

This is a non issue. You lot are making it an issue because it suits your beliefs.

I would say that if you need to use this as an issue, your point isn't that strong currently.

Must be hard to breath with your head buried so far in the sand! The sad thing is I thought you had been crying out for balanced debate on this issue.

Turns out you only want the balance to be towards you side of the argument! Shame.

Let’s discuss facts:

Those are the facts.

No need to swear, no need to shout. You Regal are a composed (normally) poster who stands by his opinions.

Others aren’t and just don’t like being asked to justify their opinions.

Howjy still refuses to say that he is ok with a chairman of a club scheduling a game the manager doesn’t want... its embarrassing given the fuss he had kicked up.

I know you are looking out for him, but I assume he is a grown man and can back his opinions.

I don’t like smurf, and I give my reasons why. You call for calm and give your reason why.

All Howjy has done on this thread is shout, call people names and make a pillock of himself... and all without being brave enough to say that he thinks that if Norman has done that then it’s ok!

And if Norman didn’t put it in and it was Garlick I will be big enough to apologise and say Garlick made a stupid decision... but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Garlick.

I apologise for swearing (please quote the swear words) and for calling people names.I await apologies from others and yourself for demeaning myself.The friendly has been arranged,Neil will cope,whether rightly or wrongly.Your know it all,one person to blame attitude is all you seem to bring to OVF.Give it a rest IC.We know he’s messed up,I really believe you wallow in the mistakes or poor judgments he makes.Have you got some sort of fixation that you are trying to conceal.?

Archived