onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whose idea was the Nuneaton game?!!

Iron Curtain

Advert

Regal, with all due respect... it’s been the Smurf defence league who have dragged this one on for 10 pages... some without even knowing the full facts.

The facts are that this Nuneaton game is not ideal. The fact is it wouldn’t be happening if Norman hadn’t become their landlord. The most likely scenario is Norman has put it in the schedule. And the other fact is that Aspin wishes it wasn’t happening.

If people had admitted it’s not ideal acknowledged that Smurf said he would stay away from football matters and this seems to be a slip up... this would be a 3 post thread!!

The blind, aggressive, sweary “leave Norman alone” crew have just shown themselves up to be just that...and it’s genuinely just entertaining to let them keep digging.

You should be pleased with your performance today Beef.Well played for being able to start a thread about a club you don’t support until the owner has gone.You are a boring pain in the ar5e.

You should be pleased with your performance today Beef.Well played for being able to start a thread about a club you don’t support until the owner has gone.You are a boring pain in the ar5e.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You had lost this argument by page 3 Howjy 😴

Can't we just play 5 a side against Nuneaton? :smile:

Baz,you’re young enough to remember when we played on Christmas Day and the following day ,Boxing Day,with the same Eleven players.No subs in those days either and mudheap pitches.

I support Port Vale.

You support Norman.

This thread has proven that.

For a boring pain in the ar5e I certainly seem to have taken up lots of your emotional energy yesterday... I counted at least 5 starred out sweaty words in one post. 😂😂

You need to relax. Seriously, I’m worried about you.

I support Port Vale.

You support Norman.

This thread has proven that.

For a boring pain in the ar5e I certainly seem to have taken up lots of your emotional energy yesterday... I counted at least 5 starred out sweaty words in one post. ����

You need to relax. Seriously, I’m worried about you.

Don’t worry about me,you’ve got enough of your own problems.Where did I say I was a Smurf supporter?Proven?If relaxing is targeting someone all the time i’ll stay as I am ,Thankyou.Change the tune IC.

Baz,you’re young enough to remember when we played on Christmas Day and the following day ,Boxing Day,with the same Eleven players.No subs in those days either and mudheap pitches.

Indeed Howie, and somewhere in the backblocks of my noggin I think we played Coventry their place Christmas Day and our place Boxing Day. Someone will correct me otherwise :yes:

Times have changed from the days a player would have to be dead or buried not to turn out for the team and supporters.

Howjy... you never answered my question.

So just so I get this straight in my head... you think there is NO Issue at all with playing two games in two days when the youth team are away?

You’ve made it one.Ask yourself this,If Man City had offered us a friendly on Wednesday would you have complained and started a thread.?I think not.Also,ask the players what they would rather do,play games or run up hills.

Halifax tonight.

Nuneaton tomorrow.

Enjoy.

Indeed Howie, and somewhere in the backblocks of my noggin I think we played Coventry their place Christmas Day and our place Boxing Day. Someone will correct me otherwise :yes:

Times have changed from the days a player would have to be dead or buried not to turn out for the team and supporters.

Barry,those were league games.Friendlies are a kick about.It seems they’ve been elevated to C.L qualification status.:wink:

Also,ask the players what they would rather do,play games or run up hills.

They wouldn't be running up any hills or doing other such hard training the day after any game. Thats a certainty.

It seems you're having some difficulty understanding the concept of players cool downs sessions, recovery and rest after matches.

Thats why you don't see teams fielding the same players in 2 consecutive games like this. You just don't do it.

No problem.Get the youth team back for Saturday against Blackpool and let the first team have the day off.That would mean a whole week off similar to the one they’ve just had in Ireland.

Give the first team a whole week off in the middle of pre-season? Its structured for a reason to make sure they're ready for the season. They don't give them more time off. You're joking about Ireland surely, you think they just had a week off there?

I think I've been had here by a WUM being intentionally stupid.

We've regularly played Friday and Saturday against non league sides, Rocester always used to be a Friday night game. We have a much bigger squad than during the Rudge era and players are far enough in to pre season to do 90 minutes. Some Kidsgrove players managed 90 minutes and they play part time. If I thought we'd put the same side out twice it would be a problem, but as we clearly won't I don't see the issue. Nuneaton will get what Aspin considers the second 11 I'd imagine - Hornby, Vassel, Davis, Kay, McKeown, Pugh, Tongue, Benns, Dodds, Barnett, Daniels.

You are absolutely right. As of right now we've got injuries, so hopefully Aspin can manage to make do and field a separate 11 in each game without any player having to play consecutively, which shouldn't be happening anyway. Thats the whole point of this thread to me, because we shouldn't be unnecessarily stretching the squad like this. It'll be interesting to see if Barnett and Davis are brought in as cover.

Howjy... you never answered my question.

So just so I get this straight in my head... you think there is NO Issue at all with playing two games in two days when the youth team are away?

We've regularly played Friday and Saturday against non league sides, Rocester always used to be a Friday night game. We have a much bigger squad than during the Rudge era and players are far enough in to pre season to do 90 minutes. Some Kidsgrove players managed 90 minutes and they play part time. If I thought we'd put the same side out twice it would be a problem, but as we clearly won't I don't see the issue. Nuneaton will get what Aspin considers the second 11 I'd imagine - Hornby, Vassel, Davis, Kay, McKeown, Pugh, Tongue, Benns, Dodds, Barnett, Daniels.

They wouldn't be running up any hills or doing other such hard training the day after any game. Thats a certainty.

It seems you're having some difficulty understanding the concept of players cool downs sessions, recovery and rest after matches.

Thats why you don't see teams fielding the same players in 2 consecutive games like this. You just don't do it.

Give the first team a whole week off in the middle of pre-season? Its structured for a reason to make sure they're ready for the season. They don't give them more time off. You're joking about Ireland surely, you think they just had a week off there?

I think I've been had here by a WUM being intentionally stupid.

How many players do you actually think will play 2 full games?

Archived