onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Advert

Just to cheer you up a bit more,the annual rich list of the UK's under 30's has just been released.Out of the top 40,eleven are footballers with Gareth coming in at 7th on £94m,followed closely by Sergio Aguero in 10th place on £58m.Bottom of the list in 38th place is Daniel Sturridge on a paltry £22m and just ahead of him in 34th place is David De Gea on a measly £24m.

The likes of Mesut Ozil,Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott were somewhere in between.

FUA, FUA,!! Do not start me on my favourite waster Daniel Sturridge !

He has scored in the region of 75 goals in a 13 year career, which amounts to an eye watering average of approximately 6 a season. And he got 20 odd in one term off the back of Suarez ! I am genuinely amazed that people employ him and on such an exhorbitant salary.

He alone, to me, optimises everything that I hate about modern day football and The Greed Is Good League in particular. Can’t be bothered to play, when he does he goes off injured, yet see’s no problem in continuing to bank his reported £100,000 a week. And those God damn diamond earrings. Grrr !

Yet someone like our own legend Roy Sproson with 800+ games in the bank, took home a reported £30 a week.

Discuss.

So Man City won the league by 11mm, the amount by which the which Liverpool didn't equalise to Man City in their last game and by 29mm the amount by which Man City scored to win at Burnley. Wow.

It’s over 38 games, not a few millimetres where both decisions were correct.

FUA, FUA,!! Do not start me on my favourite waster Daniel Sturridge !

He has scored in the region of 75 goals in a 13 year career, which amounts to an eye watering average of approximately 6 a season. And he got 20 odd in one term off the back of Suarez ! I am genuinely amazed that people employ him and on such an exhorbitant salary.

He alone, to me, optimises everything that I hate about modern day football and The Greed Is Good League in particular. Can’t be bothered to play, when he does he goes off injured, yet see’s no problem in continuing to bank his reported £100,000 a week. And those God damn diamond earrings. Grrr !

Yet someone like our own legend Roy Sproson with 800+ games in the bank, took home a reported £30 a week.

Discuss.

I have seen Sturridge live several times at Liverpool over the years. He is a world class player technically. Very quick feet when closely marked and an excellent finisher. The issue with him is staying fit and that has limited his career. But Liverpool need top quality impact players and at key moments in the season, like a Champions League final, he may for a few minutes come up with a moment that enters club history and endures for decades.

I'll add another note. He competes with Firmino for a starting slot. He is a phenomenal player live as well. The best mobile target man I have ever seen with an off the planet work rate. Not easy to get in the team ahead of him.

I have seen Sturridge live several times at Liverpool over the years. He is a world class player technically. Very quick feet when closely marked and an excellent finisher. The issue with him is staying fit and that has limited his career. But Liverpool need top quality impact players and at key moments in the season, like a Champions League final, he may for a few minutes come up with a moment that enters club history and endures for decades.

I'll add another note. He competes with Firmino for a starting slot. He is a phenomenal player live as well. The best mobile target man I have ever seen with an off the planet work rate. Not easy to get in the team ahead of him.

Talent wise there's not many better than Sturridge. He has ridiculous individual ability and is the reason why Klopp has been loathed to let him go despite his injury record and the fact that he's not a Jurgen Klopp player. How many other English players could score the goal he scored against Sevilla in the Europa League final a few years ago when he was at his best? There's only a couple of handful of players in Europe who have that technical ability. He's supposed to be a very good trainer, when he can actually train, so the issue isn't his attitude, despite his laid back demeanour. He's simply got a body that breaks down easily and he no longer has that bit of pace he once had, so he's had to change his game. He's actually surprised me this season with how good his passing is, it's something I had never got to see before.

If it was on talent alone he'd be one of the first few choices for England without any shadow of doubt. I'm not pointing any fingers here, but if anybody can't see what a gifted player he is, or at least was, then I worry for that person.

Sturridge is a waste of space.

He rarely plays and scores even less.

If you doubt this, simply check his career record.

And I worry for people who cannot understand statistics.

Looks like you have never had the privilege of seeing top class players live. Career 306 games, 105 goals at the highest level. Many games as a sub, so in fact those stats are even better. Only 29, 5 years left at top level. Member of Champions League winning team, Premier League winning team and FA Cup winning team. Several other near misses. 26 caps for England, 8 goals.

Bit unlucky in career to be competing with Drogba and Firmino for starts, not to mention Suarez.

Sturridge is a waste of space.

He rarely plays and scores even less.

If you doubt this, simply check his career record.

And I worry for people who cannot understand statistics.

His actual goals to minutes ratio would be up there with the best, outside the likes of Kane and Aguero. I think it's yourself that's a little confused...

I repeat my above stats. 13 league seasons at an average of approx 16 appearances and 6 goals a season.

As Rafa would say “fact”

96 games behind Pope in appearances and 3-4 years younger. 1 in 3 goal striker at top level. Won September 2018 goal of the month for goal at Chelsea. In PFA team of the year 2013-14. Not a slacker, a really top level player.

Just looking at the Liverpool team, ignoring Firmino I discussed above, to get games he has to displace Mane and Sallah, 22 goals each in the PL and joint top scorers in the league. In fact he made 27 appearances so far for Liverpool in 2018/19, 19 as sub.

Archived