onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coates v smurthwaite

old sage

Advert

The main difference is Coates has been at the helm when taking Stoke as far as they could realistically go (Leicester and a cup win apart) where as our Norman has taken us to nearly the lowest we can go .

Each owner like him at mk dons plus others soon realise to move up higher than the bottom end of the championship you need deep pockets and / or a large income and even then you have to have luck and the right mix of quality and strength in depth all in form for a high percentage of the season.

Ultimately every dog has its day and each clubs cycle is different like Burton will surely come down if not his but next season as they hang on-- When smaller teams get promoted they will be lean have momentum the trick then is to stay lean hang onto your best players or replace like for like in budget which becomes more difficult the higher you go hence why teams drop like a stone then the cycle repeats-

Its all about having a good plan maximise the highs and minimalise the lows to prevent that falling like a stone--

Unfortunately coates and norman don't compare in financial terms or in the planning and desire for their respective clubs to be the best they can be

As far as football clubs are concerned, one is a gazillionaire the other isn’t, it is that simple.

Financial Fair play rules are pointless, there’s always a way round them.

Spot on,give me £750m and I could buy players that would win me the PL with twenty points to spare.

The main difference is Coates has been at the helm when taking Stoke as far as they could realistically go (Leicester and a cup win apart) where as our Norman has taken us to nearly the lowest we can go .

Each owner like him at mk dons plus others soon realise to move up higher than the bottom end of the championship you need deep pockets and / or a large income and even then you have to have luck and the right mix of quality and strength in depth all in form for a high percentage of the season.

Ultimately every dog has its day and each clubs cycle is different like Burton will surely come down if not his but next season as they hang on-- When smaller teams get promoted they will be lean have momentum the trick then is to stay lean hang onto your best players or replace like for like in budget which becomes more difficult the higher you go hence why teams drop like a stone then the cycle repeats-

Its all about having a good plan maximise the highs and minimalise the lows to prevent that falling like a stone--

Unfortunately coates and norman don't compare in financial terms or in the planning and desire for their respective clubs to be the best they can be

Yes, you've got to admire clubs like Burton but there is obviously a limit to what they can achieve with a stadium capacity of 6,912?Even in the Championship they are averaging only 4,500, which will only get you so far.

Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood are a similar cases.

The main thing about Coates is that he is a Sjoke supporter through and through and therefore his loyalty to the club is assured whether it be as Chairman or merely as a man on the terraces. I'm not sure whether the rest of his family share his passion, particularly his daughter who holds the purse strings of the bet365 empire. The Coates family are amongst the top twenty five richest families in the U.K. With an estimated wealth of £5 billion.It is well documented that Denise Coates awarded herself a £217 bonus last year. There is no doubt that if they so wished they could bank roll the club and with the right manager in place, they could make a serious bid to break into the top six in the Premiership. Thankfully, they choose to be frugal with their money and poor in their judgement of managers which is why they are in the position they're in at the moment and,hopefully,it will get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

217 bloody quid? Wow!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

I feel most posters on this thread have misunderstood my opening post. I am not in anyway trying to compare the two owners wealth. We all know that the Coates family are filthy rich but they never bring their club into disrepute with silly comments and embarrassing actions the way that our owner continually manages to do. Anyone who doubts my words should look up Norman Smurthwaite on Wikepedia and then you will surely understand my comments.

You don't need vast fortunes to be sensible and affable.

Archived