onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If the present owner stays I'm finished

old sage

Can't agree more Old Sage, this season was the first for forty years that I did not have a season ticket, all because of blue nose. I detest his ethics and treatment of mankind, god help the people that rent his property. Unfortunately, for Smurthwaite read Oyston and ask any Blackpool fan how difficult it is to budge the immovable object. He couldn't give a toss if we disappear down the leagues as he has the land. Bask in glory in the corporate suites of away grounds but don't go near your own club. Why? Because you are afraid of the truth.

Advert

It is a known fact that we miss out on players because of our owner and they wont sign for us.

Sadly after involvement in getting rid of the last regime and the stick we got on here and at the ground(which actually involved an old woman spitting on me at one protest) i wont be getting involved in any protests(unless my emotions got the better of me) but i wish everyone luck in what they choose to do....HE NEEDS TO GET OUT NOW AND SELL FOR A REALISTIC PRICE,i do believe if a new owner backs Aspin he will go onto bring us success

Cannot blame anyone for not wanting to go. Tuesday for example, cold night, the lure of Champions league if you subscribe or Vale v Exeter .

I shall continue to attend however it's wearing thin now, definitely no season ticket next year I'll just see how it goes.

Yesterday is up there with my hall of shame since following Vale, some bad times in the 70's but not really in my memory banks.

Enfield

Blackpool was it 1-6

Canvey Island

Chase town

Macclesfield 1-4

Burton 0-4

Burnley 7-0

Walsall 0-5

Cheltenham 5-1

All teams get walloped and have humiliation, yesterday for me epitomises the deep set cancer our club is riddled with. At the moment there appears no light at the end of the tunnel.

A new low supporting Port Vale.... shameful

I’ll be going even If Old Nick is in charge.

The 2 Legends,now running the football side of the club,must be thrilled by your decision.

Eastenders is crap BTW.

I accept your stance Howjy but in truth are you and the folk who still turn up no matter how badly we are being run simply helping this parasite to continue his rotten ownership? Believe me lack of cash will get rid of him. May I ask folks who have your opinion to continue supporting the team despite the terrible way it is being run to boycott the Club shop, corporate facilities and refreshment bars because that will allow you all to continue to attend but help to starve the present owner out of our Club that we all love.

As the saying goes every little helps!

I applaud your sentiments and passion old sage. I can only speak for myself not others. But I'm tired and apathetic of it all. Just can't be bothered with any of it.

Boycott refreshments you say, what refreshments ? 3 cold pies ?

The club shop won't have huge takings that will affect Smurfs tenure.

I think I'm not alone in being sick and tired of the pantomime/ circus that is our club.

The heart is being torn out of our club .

Do people have the stomach for the fight ?

I'm a true die hard like most of us, night games at Brighton, Sunderland etc. Finishing a night shift and going to Queen of the South for a friendly. But I'm so apathetic and resigned to it I haven't got the desire anymore . The club is a joke.

Despite living in Cornwall I used to attend most home and away games but have stopped going regularly a couple of seasons ago because of what he has done to this club, what did it for me was when he stood next to me at Yeovil being the arrogant ****** he is and then to give Page another contract. As it happened, Page did better than I expected and should not have been pushed out but I realised then that the club is ran by an arrogant egotistic ****** who does not have a clue how to run a football club.

I live closer to P.V. Now but only occasionally attend and nearly always come away afterwards feeling like I’ve wasted my time and money. He is a parasite who has dragged the club down and will continue to do so while he remains there.

Poor timing to organise protests,which in my opinion would only help our opponents.

It's the last thing we need at this moment in time with just 14 games left.

We need to get behind the team first and foremost and ensure we survive in this league.

Any protests should be shelved until we are safe.

Just my opinion of course.

UTV.

My family day out to vale park consists of 5 generations of vale fans myself been going since 1954 season.It starts off by going in car to synectics car park paying a fiver because it goes to the vale.Then we walk round the back of the railway stand to the back of the bycars through puddles of water and dodging dog poo as we go.When we arrive at the 1953 turnstiles we go through some squeeze i knock on the gate i was slimmer in 1954.When inside i have to visit the bycars toilets not a very enticing thing to do really but slightly better than accrintons.Then we go to our seats where we have sat for years and every home match we have to wipe the seat down before we sit on it.I look around and see the empty seats all around me in the bycars and for a second or two i think to myself why do i put myself through this then the answer is always because i love the VALE.After sitting through another spineless display by the players we trudge around the ground again this time in the dark not knowing what we tread in to the car park where we sit and debate the match while listening to radio stoke while waiting to get off the car park.I get home throw my coat off knowing that another weekend has been spoilt the vale have a lot to answer for in our household but by christ i will be back next match to go through it all again.Smurf has not got a clue what the vale means to the supporters of his football club.

Norman says he is numb to Port Vale. He says he is putting no money in. We get crowds of 4500 and have the worse squad I’ve ever seen. The money hasn’t been wasted, there simply is none.

If crowds went to 1000, Norman would run the club accordingly. The squad would be full of pub players. He doesn’t care whether people like Old Sage turn up or not!

The man is the most dangerous owner we have ever had, who’s agenda is to fleece what he can out of Port Vale and to help his other businesses profit.

He’s cares not one bit about it’s supporters unless it’s people like Tony Fradley who have some money they can give HIM, not the football club, for the privilege of becoming chairman.

He pocketed that.

He pocketed the Grant and Alnwick money.

He will pocket the Hugill money.

We will end up in non league abyss unless he’s hounded out.

It’s pretty serious now.

Norman says he is numb to Port Vale. He says he is putting no money in. We get crowds of 4500 and have the worse squad I’ve ever seen. The money hasn’t been wasted, there simply is none.

If crowds went to 1000, Norman would run the club accordingly. The squad would be full of pub players. He doesn’t care whether people like Old Sage turn up or not!

The man is the most dangerous owner we have ever had, who’s agenda is to fleece what he can out of Port Vale and to help his other businesses profit.

He’s cares not one bit about it’s supporters unless it’s people like Tony Fradley who have some money they can give HIM, not the football club, for the privilege of becoming chairman.

He pocketed that.

He pocketed the Grant and Alnwick money.

He will pocket the Hugill money.

We will end up in non league abyss unless he’s hounded out.

It’s pretty serious now.

Completely agree. What do we do Spunkers?

Call a meeting of fans? Attempt a protest? (will be met with stick from the usuals) Boycott? (he won't care he'll cut cloth accordingly)

I am struggling to see a way out; last time, admin was a viable option, SEO was an option, the EGM was an option, and we have a very vocal potential owner.

This time, we can't afford admin, SEO won't work, we have no shares, and there is no noise from potential owners (understandably).

The more I break it down the more I feel he's done us dirty and has us in the palm of his hand; he owns the ground, believes we owe him 3m, and has 600k coming in for 3 years guaranteed. He could let the club implode and still make his dosh back via Hugill and potential ground rentals.

Its bleak. The anger is there amongst the fans but there's no leaders, no viable paths to take.

Completely agree. What do we do Spunkers?

Call a meeting of fans? Attempt a protest? (will be met with stick from the usuals) Boycott? (he won't care he'll cut cloth accordingly)

I am struggling to see a way out; last time, admin was a viable option, SEO was an option, the EGM was an option, and we have a very vocal potential owner.

This time, we can't afford admin, SEO won't work, we have no shares, and there is no noise from potential owners (understandably).

The more I break it down the more I feel he's done us dirty and has us in the palm of his hand; he owns the ground, believes we owe him 3m, and has 600k coming in for 3 years guaranteed. He could let the club implode and still make his dosh back via Hugill and potential ground rentals.

Its bleak. The anger is there amongst the fans but there's no leaders, no viable paths to take.

True enough. If there was an organised boycott of even one game he'd just put a bit more money in, call it a 'director's loan', and carry on while pushing up the inflated purchase price anyone else would need to persuade the old buzzer to take the money and run. I'm afraid we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Smurthwaite, we will make you an object of disgrace and enduring shame that no one will ever forget if this club goes down to the lower regions, the solution is to go and go now for what good you have ever done, otherwise you will carry this threatened relegation to the end of your days, "The man who broke PVFC" In no way have you endeared yourself to the supporters and fans, so go whilst you still have a sliver of decency left in the mind of what few support you, You know it makes sense

Archived