onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If the present owner stays I'm finished

old sage

Advert

Well owd un i know how you feel all i can say is we have been through worse times than these like being voted back in the football league. I am sorry but i cannot turn my back on the club i love even though it is being run out of existance by a chairman who i think is in competion with the people who run Leeds,Coventry,and Newcastle for being the worst owner of a football club ever.This clown will not deter me or my family to give the vale up they mean to much to us all.

He,s on a worse level than the Oystons at Blackpool.

I took this stance before last season after being a fan for over 55 years.

After the disgusting way that ************ treated Page and all the playing staff and then bragging about it on national TV and newspapers I felt that I did not want to put another penny into this person's pocket. To me, by not giving him any of my money it was in my small way showing my contempt to the person who I thought brought our great club into disrepute and why the bad name we now have has been one of the reasons why we heard the stories of players not signing for us because of our owner.

I only go to away games now, which most people know has not been very fruitful over the last season and a half, but I still want to support my team if not the owner.

A little story from today. Before the game I was in Cheltenham's corporate facility having a meal before the game along with the match sponsors etc and also a table with Norman Smurthwaite, his wife, Tony Fradley and John Rudge (no Colin Garlick again, probably at Macclesfield Town). Anyway before the match there was a non playing player from the Cheltenham squad being interviewed followed by a question and answers routine. Our owner said to the player "Norman Smurthwaite the owner of Port Vale, can I ask you what do you do with your win bonus?" I thought it was a crass and embarrassing question to ask and has nothing to do with him. Incidentally the player replied that they have not been getting any win bonuses. They might not have done, but then they had not played us.

Please leave now, as Mike says I will be back when he has gone, whatever league we are in.

That player should have told Smurf.What I get paid,what I do with my money is naff all to do with you.Keep your nose out of my business and sort out your own failing football business that is crumbling around you which is due to your incompetence,ignorance,arrogance,selfishness,unprofesionalism.Now kindly toggle off ,go sit in a corner out of the way and reflect on the damage you have caused to Port Vale football club.You are a man of no respect so please do one and keep your nose out.

We've already lost well over a thousand supporters over the last 18 months. We'll soon be back to 2500 for home games. It was a difficult decision for me personally last May when I renewed my season ticket. If new owners are in place (of the whole club including the stadium) then I'll renew again with a smile on my face. If NS has got any involvement with the ownership of the club or ground then I'm turning my back after 37 of my 42 years.

I expect Tuesday nights game will be a very low attendance.Even more so if the weather is bad.

My family day out to vale park consists of 5 generations of vale fans myself been going since 1954 season.It starts off by going in car to synectics car park paying a fiver because it goes to the vale.Then we walk round the back of the railway stand to the back of the bycars through puddles of water and dodging dog poo as we go.When we arrive at the 1953 turnstiles we go through some squeeze i knock on the gate i was slimmer in 1954.When inside i have to visit the bycars toilets not a very enticing thing to do really but slightly better than accrintons.Then we go to our seats where we have sat for years and every home match we have to wipe the seat down before we sit on it.I look around and see the empty seats all around me in the bycars and for a second or two i think to myself why do i put myself through this then the answer is always because i love the VALE.After sitting through another spineless display by the players we trudge around the ground again this time in the dark not knowing what we tread in to the car park where we sit and debate the match while listening to radio stoke while waiting to get off the car park.I get home throw my coat off knowing that another weekend has been spoilt the vale have a lot to answer for in our household but by christ i will be back next match to go through it all again.Smurf has not got a clue what the vale means to the supporters of his football club.

That post says it all right there. Why should a man and his family have to trudge through all that to get to their seats , and then have to wipe them off?

It’s the owner’s fault , but the owner had no interest in the club whatsoever, or the fans. Burslem means nothing to him . I’m not even from Burslem, or England , and I have more affection for Burslem , and it’s people than he has . The lifeblood of the club , and he treats them like dirt. Be a man , and sell the club and the land , and let people like this man enjoy their day out on Sat or Tues night. If you’re reading this , try for one minute to consider the generations of Vale fans who worked all week , and looked forward to Saturday like it was Christmas. But you can’t , can you , because that kind of support can’t be bought . It isn’t a carnival , and you can’t wear a Coventry scarf at Vale Park without insulting the Vale fans. Neither can you toy with a football club like this , without it coming back to bite you , and it will if you don’t be a man and do the decent thing . Aspin’s hands are tied . He would have received more backing when he was at Gateshead than from you. We are a club in crisis , and you alone are responsible for it . What an insult to the fans , when you attend only away games , absolving yourself of all responsibilities, instead of stepping up , going to supporters club meeting ,backing the manager, and talking to local businesses about working together.

It’s not enough to pay lip service , especially to the hard core 4,000 fans that are there in all kinds of weather. Have you any respect for what they do in order to afford the price of a ticket ? Why don’t you do the decent thing: Sell the club , the land, take your money and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That player should have told Smurf.What I get paid,what I do with my money is naff all to do with you.Keep your nose out of my business and sort out your own failing football business that is crumbling around you which is due to your incompetence,ignorance,arrogance,selfishness,unprofesionalism.Now kindly toggle off ,go sit in a corner out of the way and reflect on the damage you have caused to Port Vale football club.You are a man of no respect so please do one and keep your nose out.

He was probably trying to find out how much Cheltenham paid in win bonus. With a view to cutting Vales if it was more than theirs.

Vale has only been my life for about 55 years, so I cannot compete with some contributors to this site. But, apart from the ‘68 episode when we were expelled from the league and had to seek re-election, I cannot explain how despondent with the whole current situation I feel at this moment. An owner who doesn’t care, but has no intention of selling. An irretrievable slip to non-League and a owner who doesn’t give a hoot. What this clown doesn’t understand, is that to fans Vale isn’t a balance sheet quoting shillings and pence, it is a way of life. In fact, it IS their life. Supporters have cycled to away games and walked to away games in the name of the club they love. Myself and a friend walked to the opening game of the ‘86 season against Middlesbrough (although it got played 10 miles further on at Hartlepool) yet Smurfthwaite can’t turn up at Vale in whatever top of the range car he drives. Loads of supporters have done amazing things in the name of our club. I don’t expect Smurfthwaite to do any of these things, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask him to run the club properly. However, one thing I do find comforting, is that the vast majority of supporters lay NO blame at Aspin’s door. But will we survive ? The next 3 months will tell.

He as probably told the players that there win bonus as stopped because the club have spent the budget and all wages will stop being paid after the last match of the season and good luck to tom pope who say he will not allow another game like Saturday dose he mean how they played when they went asleep for 20 minutes or the final score how many times as a team been on a losing run this season only to play the vale and win but it wont happen again on his watch.

Sad to see. Mike is one of the most passionate, genuine Vale fans you'll meet. A sad indictment of where we are.

Lets get a meeting called. Its time to discuss our plans and move forward. I honestly don't feel like it but I don't think I can sit by and let this happen.

Hagrid. Towards the end of the Browns tenure there was only you me and a few others with any fight left in them we were on the cusp of some protests.

I have to admit when Smurf appointed Aspin and Rudge I did think at last he was making amends and got a little carried away.

However let’s get this absolutely straight before we engage in one last fight.

Aspin and Rudge will walk away sooner than most think.

Even if the club is sold we will need a new ground or face stupid rental demands from Smurf.

I would rather Port Vale ends in 2018 than see Smurf take it through a long drawn out procrastinated death.

There is only one answer open to us.

The press and media are largely unaware of our plight.

We must turn up we must turn out.

We must protest, protest, protest.

We need to organize and mobilize.

I totally get many have no stomach or desire for a fight it’s one too many scraps for a lot of folk.

We have three men months .

Can the protests honestly make any thing worse on the pitch?

Thousands of free tickets and discounted prices ,for their Community Day, swelled the gate .Can't see our MR COVENTRY doing it at VALE !!

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

That's the problem Smurf moans about attendances, the he hiked up the prices. Never offeres any deals or decent ones. He forgets the Burton games was on a cheaper deal.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived