onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If the present owner stays I'm finished

old sage

Advert

Hagrid. Towards the end of the Browns tenure there was only you me and a few others with any fight left in them we were on the cusp of some protests.

I have to admit when Smurf appointed Aspin and Rudge I did think at last he was making amends and got a little carried away.

However let’s get this absolutely straight before we engage in one last fight.

Aspin and Rudge will walk away sooner than most think.

Even if the club is sold we will need a new ground or face stupid rental demands from Smurf.

I would rather Port Vale ends in 2018 than see Smurf take it through a long drawn out procrastinated death.

There is only one answer open to us.

The press and media are largely unaware of our plight.

We must turn up we must turn out.

We must protest, protest, protest.

We need to organize and mobilize.

I totally get many have no stomach or desire for a fight it’s one too many scraps for a lot of folk.

We have three men months .

Can the protests honestly make any thing worse on the pitch?

Isn't the potential rent set at below market rate for 20 odd years by the FA?

Football is a passion and when you see very little of it on the pitch you wonder why you bother but you do .

Its supposed be entertainment but if you are say the owner of a cinema and you put on a film what no one wants watch and you only have 200 seats for a film everyone wants watch u would surely put in on 3 screens and take off the one no one wants watch .

Its a dangerous game he is playing as he keeps lowering the budget and expect folk keep turning up to watch what ?

Maybe 4 good home performances max all season out of however many we played including cup ties .

Vale have being a constant in my life since i regularly started going in 1991 ,every weekend ,every minute ,all that woe and joy over the years yet i go and still shout and encourage the best i can like most of you excellent folk on here .

Im 46 and rapidly getting to the stage where is it worth it ,all that time and effort driving to pick me nephew (he is as passionate as me ).

My son and nephew havent seen the great times ok we go promotion a few years ago and it was fantastic but even then we stumbled over the line and needed a own goal from Lee Collins after a pretty dreadful display .

Lots of chairman over the years but not lots of support for the lads in black and white at times,but there wont be if what is on the pitch is a 4 out of 10 .

Rudgey got them to a 8 over the years ,Horton a 6 Adams a 7 but the rest well be lucky get over a 3 .

I thinkin time Aspin can get us to a 7 but only if Smurfwaite does the decent thing and sells up and gives someone else a chance to rebuild the club with hungry players who want to put there bame in lights aswell as Vales .

It can happen but you Norman need to go you understand that dont you as i know you read this forums .

Dont do it for me do it for my son and my nephew so that they can see the real Vale sometime in the future under Aspo and Rudgey .

The sands of time say you must go ,we dont need you or want you ,you have brought your own misfortune ,take the hugill money and sell .

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

To a layman like me can you please confirm exactly what that rent would be then? Would be interesting to learn what Smurthwaite could potentially ask as a rent on the ground, IF he ever sold the Club separately. If you can't answer perhaps Jean could enlighten us fans?

I haven’t any idea.Just thought I’d make something up.Jean’s mole will know.

A 25 year lease was entered into in November 2012 when PVFC Ltd acquired the golden share and Alchemy Land bought the ground off the administrator. This is all in the public domain. I presume that would have been a Football League stipulation as the ground and the football club were being separated by the administrator. So we're five and a bit years into that.

According to a note in the draft accounts Norman allowed Rob to publish on here during the autumn, no rent was charged by Alchemy Land to the football club during the 2015/16 financial year.

A 25 year lease was entered into in November 2012 when PVFC Ltd acquired the golden share and Alchemy Land bought the ground off the administrator. This is all in the public domain. I presume that would have been a Football League stipulation as the ground and the football club were being separated by the administrator. So we're five and a bit years into that.

According to a note in the draft accounts Norman allowed Rob to publish on here during the autumn, no rent was charged by Alchemy Land to the football club during the 2015/16 financial year.

Thanks Santa.Nothing untoward then.

I took this stance before last season after being a fan for over 55 years.

After the disgusting way that ************ treated Page and all the playing staff and then bragging about it on national TV and newspapers I felt that I did not want to put another penny into this person's pocket. To me, by not giving him any of my money it was in my small way showing my contempt to the person who I thought brought our great club into disrepute and why the bad name we now have has been one of the reasons why we heard the stories of players not signing for us because of our owner.

I only go to away games now, which most people know has not been very fruitful over the last season and a half, but I still want to support my team if not the owner.

A little story from today. Before the game I was in Cheltenham's corporate facility having a meal before the game along with the match sponsors etc and also a table with Norman Smurthwaite, his wife, Tony Fradley and John Rudge (no Colin Garlick again, probably at Macclesfield Town). Anyway before the match there was a non playing player from the Cheltenham squad being interviewed followed by a question and answers routine. Our owner said to the player "Norman Smurthwaite the owner of Port Vale, can I ask you what do you do with your win bonus?" I thought it was a crass and embarrassing question to ask and has nothing to do with him. Incidentally the player replied that they have not been getting any win bonuses. They might not have done, but then they had not played us.

Please leave now, as Mike says I will be back when he has gone, whatever league we are in.

If I was the player after their crushing win I would have sought Norman out thanked him for the easy win bonus and told him he was going out for a slap up meal and will be raising a glass in Normans honour.

He really is Burslems answer to Donald Trump.

Archived