onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chopping and changing.

Spunk Trumpet

An interesting discussion and one that we really ought to have solved months ago.

Isn't pre-season the time to formulate tactics and sign players? Just a thought.

And here we are in November. No-one has a clue what our best XI is and how we should play.

Only Pope has proved his worth out of the new lads. We need players who can make an instant difference and add a bit of quality to the team, not hopeful chancers who might be ok in 12 months time. I pointed this out in August but got shot down in flames.

I too think that 4.4.2 is our best bet. We need to get some passing players in the team (Morsy and Roberts) and pace and threat down the wings.

I suspect we need 3-4 better players to improve but I'd prefer to see us going 4.4.2 and having a go - win or lose.

Believe it or not I largely agree with Sting.

I'd try-

Tommo.Yates, McD, Chilvers, Collins

Dodds Loft Roberts Taylor

Pope Richards.

I think that's about the best we can do currently.

Advert

I'm sorry but there's no way you can say that with any degree of certainty without being in and around the camp.

I know. I can't be certain at all but that's the impression that I get from watching his body language, listening to his interviews and seeing the teams he sends out.

Some of the sloppy play that we've seen far too often this season Micky wouldn't have stood for in his first spell as manager. He put the entire first team squad on the transfer list for far less.

The summer signings have proven thus far to be woeful. Pope is average at best, other than him only Ben Williamson seems to have anything to offer. I know we've not seen much of Ryan Burge as he's been injured so much, but in reality is a kid that looks like he could fall over from a gust of wind really what you need in League Two?

Pope average at best? Most of our goals come in some way from his play.

Yet you think Williamson has more to offer?

Sometimes you make yourself sound so stupid.

An interesting discussion and one that we really ought to have solved months ago.

Isn't pre-season the time to formulate tactics and sign players? Just a thought.

And here we are in November. No-one has a clue what our best XI is and how we should play.

Only Pope has proved his worth out of the new lads. We need players who can make an instant difference and add a bit of quality to the team, not hopeful chancers who might be ok in 12 months time. I pointed this out in August but got shot down in flames.

I too think that 4.4.2 is our best bet. We need to get some passing players in the team (Morsy and Roberts) and pace and threat down the wings.

I suspect we need 3-4 better players to improve but I'd prefer to see us going 4.4.2 and having a go - win or lose.

Believe it or not I largely agree with Sting.

I'd try-

Tommo.Yates, McD, Chilvers, Collins

Dodds Loft Roberts Taylor

Pope Richards.

I think that's about the best we can do currently.

It would be suicide dropping Griff.

we need to remember what things were like before Micky was manager, CRAP!!!

I cant believe people are slating Micky, he is the best manager we have had for years and was responsible for pulling the club out of its lowest point for a long time. Just look at previous managers

- Gannon

- Glover

- Sinnot

- Foyle

Enough said.

Can't disagree with your comparisons, because they were all cr*p, but look at this season so far and answer objectively; Is MA doing a good job this time around? Results thus far, would suggest not.

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc
How come Green and James are out on loan in non-league though. Green is out even though we need a left back!

Williamson couldn't keep his place in the team?

Green to Eastleigh - Homesick and Good-Will gesture from Adams.

James to Chasetown - To gain vital experience.

Williamson couldn't hold his place because he has to contend with a fan-favourite Pope and 20-goal-a-season Richards!

Green to Eastleigh - Homesick and Good-Will gesture from Adams.

James to Chasetown - To gain vital experience.

Williamson couldn't hold his place because he has to contend with a fan-favourite Pope and 20-goal-a-season Richards!

So green is good enough and we have no left back to play, therefore we play a poor system with a left winger out of position, yet we let a new signing go straight out on loan as a good will gesture. Nonsense!

And bringing in a 4th choice striker wasn't really the priority when we have no decent left back and no right winger! Adams screwed up in the summer. I should be amazed that some people can't see it, but then again we had a chance at moving forward with great investment and a large proportion of vale fans fought against it, so nothing surprises me any more.

Pope average at best? Most of our goals come in some way from his play.

Yet you think Williamson has more to offer?

Sometimes you make yourself sound so stupid.

Huh? What part of my post said that Williamson had more to offer?

Pope is a hard-working but extremely average and limited striker, and his goal scoring ratio not just at Vale but throughout his career suggests exactly that.

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc
So green is good enough and we have no left back to play, therefore we play a poor system with a left winger out of position, yet we let a new signing go straight out on loan as a good will gesture. Nonsense!

And bringing in a 4th choice striker wasn't really the priority when we have no decent left back and no right winger! Adams screwed up in the summer. I should be amazed that some people can't see it, but then again we had a chance at moving forward with great investment and a large proportion of vale fans fought against it, so nothing surprises me any more.

At the start of the season, Vale had 3 fully fit Left Backs in Collins, Green and Roe with 2 others that are able to play at Left Back in Taylor and Loft.

When Micky signed Williamson, he probably thought Rigg was still a winger (as he was last season) and not a striker, so he was signed as a 3rd choice striker.

Our formation doesn't require a right winger. We still had Haldane, and when he was injured we brought in Andy Little but Northern Ireland kept him out. IMO Adams didn't screw up in the summer.

the side just aint good enough end of...lets be blunt.

Id say we have maybe 3 or 4players who can get us out of this league. In my opinion that is Collins,loft and richards(when he wants mind you) and griff?

Yes griff has been a good performer...but last 2 home games hes lost his bite...yesterday he hardly made a tackle.

We need money spent come jan.. we crnt keep relying on freebies and cast offs....we need better than we got...we need wingers...proper ones!!...with pace and ability to provide our forwards with crosses.

And a midfielder who can command the center...box to box a proper proven leader....all this costs money....Over to you mr miller!!!

Archived