onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chopping and changing.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Micky likes his marital analogies. Imagine if your wife ran off with another bloke but then she gets dumped by him six months later so she comes running back. You take her back in and try to pretend that everything's back to normal but you both know deep down it isn't.

Micky seems far less enthused about being at the Vale and isn't demanding the same standards as first time around.

Oddly I thought of that analogy on the way home today. That is exactly how I feel about it at the moment.

yeah its okay to criticise as we as supporters are entitled to do so. However i personally feel we need to keep the faith and show some patience, perhaps Micky does not know where to play certain players as they are so inconsistent. Dodds and Rigg can be blinding in one position one week then play in the same position the following and be awful.

yeah its okay to criticise as we as supporters are entitled to do so. However i personally feel we need to keep the faith and show some patience, perhaps Micky does not know where to play certain players as they are so inconsistent. Dodds and Rigg can be blinding in one position one week then play in the same position the following and be awful.

Or maybe, like in Riggys case, have a blinding start to the season as a striker and then gets shipped out to the wing.

Square pegs in round holes.

Sting will inform you.

Goalkeepers....Martin or Tommo? Both have been played and it seems that only recently Micky has settled on Tommo.

Tomo unless you're mentally ill.

Defenders.... What is our best back line? 4 at the back? 3 at the back? 5 at the back?

Centre back pairings. We have had that many, who is the best?

Right now, McDonald and Chilvers

Who is our first choice left back?

Collins unless you're mentally ill.

Is Yates good enough at right back?

Yes.

Midfielders.....

Is Riggy a midfielder or a striker?

Striker.

After 4 years why hasnt Louis Dodds STILL got a position?

Weapon.

Dougy Loft... On the right? In the middle?

Middle.

Gary Roberts... Sitting in? Going forward?

Sitting in or else he'll get ****** and not turn up.

Play with wingers? Dont play with wingers?

Depends. Wingers more often than not.

Forwards...

Is Riggy a midfielder or a striker?

Still a striker.

A front 2 or as a front 3?

A front 2.

Mickys signings.....

Roe..Green...James.. Burge.. Williamson... Good enough?

Dunno. 50/50. Probably not. Dunno. Yes. So far.

Formation....

4-4-2 Yes.

5-3-2 No.

3-5-2 No.

4-3-3 No.

Style...

Pass the ball? No.

Hoof the ball? Yes.

No wonder we arent good enough when all these questions are still up in the air so to speak.

Sting has told you 'the truth'.

Micky Adams has more or less inherited the same squad he took to the top in his first stint.

Why Micky, on the 5th of November, do you STILL not know......

1) Your best defence Not fit.

2) Your best midfield Too ******.

3) Your best attack He does.

4) Your best formation Injuries.

5) How to stop leaking goals Owen.

6) How to make game changing substitutions. League Two.

The side is not settled and until it is we will carry on with this dire inconsistancy of ours i feel.

Vale.

"Micky likes his marital analogies. Imagine if your wife ran off with another bloke but then she gets dumped by him six months later so she comes running back. You take her back in and try to pretend that everything's back to normal but you both know deep down it isn't."

Unfortunately, Santa, we are also paying the 'prodigal wife' three times as much now as before she left!

The summer signings have proven thus far to be woeful. Pope is average at best, other than him only Ben Williamson seems to have anything to offer. I know we've not seen much of Ryan Burge as he's been injured so much, but in reality is a kid that looks like he could fall over from a gust of wind really what you need in League Two?

Micky likes his marital analogies. Imagine if your wife ran off with another bloke but then she gets dumped by him six months later so she comes running back. You take her back in and try to pretend that everything's back to normal but you both know deep down it isn't.

Micky seems far less enthused about being at the Vale and isn't demanding the same standards as first time around.

I'm sorry but there's no way you can say that with any degree of certainty without being in and around the camp.

None of the summer signings, apart from Pope, are good enough.

Dodds has no position because Adams doesn't rate the kid.

For me, the biggest problem we have at the moment isn't actually in the squad. It's in Micky Adams.

Something about him feels different to prior him jumping ship a year ago. For me the twinkle in the eye has gone. Only Adams will know if that is the case or not, but for me the biggest problem we have at present is regaining the Micky Adams of 12 months ago.

Incidentally, this is exactly what happened at BHA the second time around.

Have you not seen Williamson play then?

Have you not seen Williamson play then?

Has he been tearing the league apart and we missed it, or is he actually 4th choice striker? We would have benefited from 3 players who would strengthen the first team this summer, and not 6 that would struggle to hold down a place on the bench.

I'm sorry but there's no way you can say that with any degree of certainty without being in and around the camp.

Is it not pretty obvious with the results and performances?

The recent wins against Northampton and Bristol Rovers just papered over the cracks somewhat. We didn't beat them because were a good side on our day, we beat them because somehow they are even worse than we are at present.

Archived