onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chopping and changing.

Spunk Trumpet

At the start of the season, Vale had 3 fully fit Left Backs in Collins, Green and Roe with 2 others that are able to play at Left Back in Taylor and Loft.

When Micky signed Williamson, he probably thought Rigg was still a winger (as he was last season) and not a striker, so he was signed as a 3rd choice striker.

Our formation doesn't require a right winger. We still had Haldane, and when he was injured we brought in Andy Little but Northern Ireland kept him out. IMO Adams didn't screw up in the summer.

My god, deluded isn't the words. Yeah we had 3 fully fit left backs. Unfortunately 2 of those were what he brought in in the summer and were not good enough! Hence why green has gone already and Roe just isn't up to the standard. Taylor and loft are not left backs, hence why we can't play a flat back four until collins is fit. SO yes, it was a screw up!

And forgive me for not being ecstatic over the signing of a 3rd/4th choice striker on loan!

We don't need a right winger for the current system true, but the system is failing and we are playing because of the gaps in the squad. We have been calling out for a decent right winger for the last 2 years!

You see Tommy Fraser as a step forward, so I don't know why I bother arguing!

Advert

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

You see Tommy Fraser as a step forward, so I don't know why I bother arguing!

It will lift the dressing room. Micky sees something in him (why did he make him captain when he was just 20??????). I don't work behind the scenes so i don't know but he MUST have a positive impact, which is a step forward.

It will lift the dressing room. Micky sees something in him (why did he make him captain when he was just 20??????). I don't work behind the scenes so i don't know but he MUST have a positive impact, which is a step forward.

We need decent footballers. He's a crap footballer.

Go figure.

We need cohesion. We had this with either Pope and Rigg up front or Pope and Williamson, since they hold the ball up and bring the others into play. They also complement each other. MA needs to bite the bullet and drop Richards. Unfortunately, he won't do it

we need to remember what things were like before Micky was manager, CRAP!!!

I cant believe people are slating Micky, he is the best manager we have had for years and was responsible for pulling the club out of its lowest point for a long time. Just look at previous managers

- Gannon

- Glover

- Sinnot

- Foyle

Enough said.

He is also responsible for our home form this season ??

Enough said

Can i also add that after signing a three year contract he also said he was happy to develop youth / youngsters and preceeded to sign 6 kids that in 12 months time 5 of them will never have made an impression at vale at all.

M.A. might have time on his side , with a three year contract, we have not !!!!!!!!!!!:

At the start of the season, Vale had 3 fully fit Left Backs in Collins, Green and Roe with 2 others that are able to play at Left Back in Taylor and Loft.

When Micky signed Williamson, he probably thought Rigg was still a winger (as he was last season) and not a striker, so he was signed as a 3rd choice striker.

Our formation doesn't require a right winger. We still had Haldane, and when he was injured we brought in Andy Little but Northern Ireland kept him out. IMO Adams didn't screw up in the summer.

Do you think Roe and Green are better than K Taylor?

Our formation is ****, we need to change it to 442 asap and sign a right winger!

I think - on the evidence of what we have seen so far - that Sutton, Justin Richards and K Taylor were at least as good as what we've got now.

I know injuries affect the team but we really should know our best X1 and best formation by now. We're 1/3 way through the season for goodness sake and the time for tinkering and chopping and changing should be over.

Only poor teams keep altering their line-up.

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

Best 11;

______________Tomlinson_____________

_____Chilvers____Collins____McDonald___

_Raglan___Griff___Loft___Robbo____Taylor/Green

_________Pope____Rico/Williamson_____

Best 11;

That is awful.

The same **** formation.

Raglan? Really Raglan in our best 11?

Richards/Williamson??? I think you mean Richards.

442 Is the way forward, we need to make ourselves hard to beat again like last season until Adams left.

Tomlinson

Yates

Chilvers

Mcdonald

Collins

Dodds/Loft

Roberts

Griffiths

Taylor

Richards

Pope

The problem there is the right mid, ideally I'd want Loft in the middle with Roberts, we need to sign a right mid asap. Then I would take Griff out of the team.

Best 11;

Apart from Raglan, which is a bizarre inclusion, that's actually not bad. Griffith and Roberts sitting would allow Doug Loft to bomb forward, something he's more than capable of.

Neither Owen and McCombe deserve to be in the starting 11 on this season's form so you are right to leave them out, while playing Collins at center-back would at least give us a little bit of pace at the back.

Best 11;

There is absolutely no sane reason you can give why you included raglan and Williamson possibly rico! And if that's our best team/formation then we are screwed!

Chopping and changing manager won't work either.

We need to stick with Adams now. Though we're not exactly doing well at the minute, and we seem very inconsistent, I think we have to stick with him as we know he can be a very competent manager at this level.

We've had way too many managers in the past decade - it's time to stick with one and give him time otherwise things will just become even more unsettled.

Archived