onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chopping and changing.

Spunk Trumpet

Goalkeepers....Martin or Tommo? Both have been played and it seems that only recently Micky has settled on Tommo.

Defenders.... What is our best back line? 4 at the back? 3 at the back? 5 at the back?

Centre back pairings. We have had that many, who is the best?

Who is our first choice left back?

Is Yates good enough at right back?

Midfielders.....

Is Riggy a midfielder or a striker?

After 4 years why hasnt Louis Dodds STILL got a position?

Dougy Loft... On the right? In the middle?

Gary Roberts... Sitting in? Going forward?

Play with wingers? Dont play with wingers?

Forwards...

Is Riggy a midfielder or a striker?

A front 2 or as a front 3?

Mickys signings.....

Roe..Green...James.. Burge.. Williamson... Good enough?

Formation....

4-4-2

5-3-2

3-5-2

4-3-3

Style...

Pass the ball?

Hoof the ball?

No wonder we arent good enough when all these questions are still up in the air so to speak.

Micky Adams has more or less inherited the same squad he took to the top in his first stint.

Why Micky, on the 5th of November, do you STILL not know......

1) Your best defence

2) Your best midfield

3) Your best attack

4) Your best formation

5) How to stop leaking goals

6) How to make game changing substitutions.

The side is not settled and until it is we will carry on with this dire inconsistancy of ours i feel.

Advert

None of the summer signings, apart from Pope, are good enough.

Dodds has no position because Adams doesn't rate the kid.

For me, the biggest problem we have at the moment isn't actually in the squad. It's in Micky Adams.

Something about him feels different to prior him jumping ship a year ago. For me the twinkle in the eye has gone. Only Adams will know if that is the case or not, but for me the biggest problem we have at present is regaining the Micky Adams of 12 months ago.

Incidentally, this is exactly what happened at BHA the second time around.

For me, the biggest problem we have at the moment isn't actually in the squad. It's in Micky Adams.

Something about him feels different to prior him jumping ship a year ago. For me the twinkle in the eye has gone. Only Adams will know if that is the case or not, but for me the biggest problem we have at present is regaining the Micky Adams of 12 months ago.

Interesting comments about Dodds,also he is a Sheff.Wed fan!!!

To be honest, you can't blame Micky for Dodds not having a position, he had that issue long before Micky came along.

People would be talking about Micky so differently if he hadn't returned to the club in the way he did...I know that for sure.

As for the thread, from what I've seen Yates has been one of the better ones this season, although one thing he will never have is enough pace. Tough call, as he works very hard.

Rigg is a striker, when played up front earlier in the season he had so much freedom and was brilliant. Same with Loft, they both need freedom to run and turn into space.

I'd say our best formation could potentially be 4-3-3.

Tomlinson

Yates

McCombe

McDonald

Collins

Roberts

Griffith

Loft

Richards Pope Rigg

Plenty of bite in midfield, with creativity and players to hold it up at the top. With no one able to put in a good cross, I don't think 4-4-2 would make too much sense at the moment.

we need to remember what things were like before Micky was manager, CRAP!!!

I cant believe people are slating Micky, he is the best manager we have had for years and was responsible for pulling the club out of its lowest point for a long time. Just look at previous managers

- Gannon

- Glover

- Sinnot

- Foyle

Enough said.

I cant believe people are slating Micky, he is the best manager we have had for years and was responsible for pulling the club out of its lowest point for a long time. Just look at previous managers

- Gannon

- Glover

- Sinnot

- Foyle

Enough said.

The entire squad was signed or given new contracts by Adams. And we are still a mid table league 2 side. So marginally better than the glover /Sinnott era. Is that a success?

As for our best side, the squad is so imbalanced that we can't play it. No left back, no right winger etc.

We need a back four and Rico and pope up front. Tommo is our best keeper , but not great at all.

- Gannon

- Glover

- Sinnot

- Foyle

Enough said.

Is that your debate then? Mickys the best we have had in years and is immune to criticism?

Sad, if so.

I like Micky. I would be gutted if he left tomorrow and i know hes the best we have had for a while. Hardly hard though.

My point is that he should know his preferred formation by now if not his starting lineup.

Sadly he knows neither.

Today was his 100th match in charge. This is more or less the same squad that took us top this time last year.

Like a previous poster said, i also feel he has lost his sparkle and unfortunately is laying down and having his "Belly tickled" by other managers.

Micky likes his marital analogies. Imagine if your wife ran off with another bloke but then she gets dumped by him six months later so she comes running back. You take her back in and try to pretend that everything's back to normal but you both know deep down it isn't.

Micky seems far less enthused about being at the Vale and isn't demanding the same standards as first time around.

Archived